In The DC Universe, How do heroes go about justifying NOT killing villains?

#1kaliskonigPosted 4/27/2013 8:08:08 AM
I mostly read Ultimate Marvel and comics from publishers that promote more independent works these days. Like the title says...I am wondering what are certain DC heroes reasons for not killing certain villains. I mean from what I have read the villains only end up escaping and causing more deaths each time so wth?

I remember Bat's gave a reason why he needs the joker. I can understand why Green Lanterns do not kill. Flash...okay pretty stand up guy in all his material from what I can remember. But most of the villains in the DC Universe are monsters or aliens who just have no chance of reform. Like whats stopping them from killing some of the more hell bent criminals in the DC continuity? What are the heroes stances on dealing with villains? Are their no heroes in DC that just believe some villains should be executed in a confrontation?

I mean in this game alone for example the Joker killed Millions and drugged a man to make him kill his own family...for "fun". He openly mocks anyone who questions him saying he can't wait to escape and plan his next big thing. Is there no death penalty In DC? Do they just lock all villains into some glorified asylum/ dimensional prison?

Quite a few questions but thanks for taking the time to answer them.
#2TaizukuPosted 4/27/2013 8:09:43 AM
I take Bat's reason as an overal reason.
---
Injustice Mains: Killer Frost & Ares
PSN: MobileFlame
#3IcyFlamez96Posted 4/27/2013 8:11:57 AM
Can someone explain all these reasons? I don't know any of them really and i'm curious.
#4Soldier3rdClassPosted 4/27/2013 8:12:28 AM
Job security.
---
2500K @4.5Ghz // GTX 680 SC SLI // 8GB RAM // Extreme3 Gen3 Mobo
SteamID: SmurfyD
#5xXHPLinkXxPosted 4/27/2013 8:16:25 AM
Soldier3rdClass posted...
Job security.

ROFL!

But he's right. If all the villains were dead then who needs heroes!
---
PSN + Wii U: Mr_Summers
"But Professor, I'm packing a bazooka behind each eyeball!" -Cyclops
#6FlyingDeCowPosted 4/27/2013 8:17:17 AM
It's so the comic book writers don't need to invent new villains.
---
When the Black Knight tossed Ragnell to Greil, it was actually meant as an attack. If Awakening is any indication, the proper way to use Ragnell is to throw it.
#7jay7018Posted 4/27/2013 8:19:13 AM
PIS like 99% of everything in comics.
---
The Official Pimp Hand of the Tampa Bay Rays...
#8ForbiddenCasualPosted 4/27/2013 8:20:23 AM
As Batman have made it clear, they have no right to determine who lives and who dies.
#9crono12064Posted 4/27/2013 8:20:25 AM
Even if any comic book character is killed, they'll eventually return. Death isn't permanent in comics.
---
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Too much sanity may be madness and maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be.
#10the-jokes-on-uPosted 4/27/2013 8:21:35 AM
Batman doesn't kill because he has said before that he'd be just as bad as they were.
---
Go sit in a corner and think about your life,then think about pants.