Why do people want Super/Power, or Bat Girl so badly?

#1zerooo0Posted 4/29/2013 2:21:42 AM
Topic

They all seem like they could just be different skins for Superman and Batman. Why not want for some of the more diverse DC characters like Starphire , or some of the other different girls(Or guys) that have more of a variation of possible gameplay capabilities.
---
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.-General George S. Patton
#2Derek_MetaltronPosted 4/29/2013 2:34:05 AM
I think it's down to the fact that it's not so easy just to change the gender of a character and have them play the same way. It's likely that female frame models are different to that of male ones. And simply the fact that Batgirl hasn't anything like the build that Batman does, nor Super Girl with Superman. I often debated the same thing in the past with if Kate Bishop's Hawkeye could be a skin for Barton's over in UMVC3, but at the end of the day we're not animators and can't know the difficulties of adapting model frames for a fighting game.
#3soul_assassin23Posted 4/29/2013 2:36:22 AM
I don't know about the other two, but people want Powergirl because boobs. Boobs are awesome.
#4Nemesis_primePosted 4/29/2013 2:37:08 AM
Cuz bewbs.
Theres literaly NO other reason to have another Superman or Batmn in a game with 20 some character and not add more unique characters.
---
"Herald of Unicron"Guyver 4? Part Guyver, Part Zoanoid"-Sho
PSN ID - Rich_Sandlin88. XBL Gamer Tag - NEMESISPRlME
#5SharkOmegaPosted 4/29/2013 2:41:11 AM
I only want Cassandra Cain for Batgirl because I developed an obsession for that character for some reason lately. Anyone else for Batgirl, I do not want the character.

As for Supergirl or Powergirl, I wonder that too. Especially since no one wants Supergirl, but everybody seems to want Powergirl for some reason, despite them being the exact same character.
---
Gamertag: Shark Omega
Steam: SharkXOmega
#6Derek_MetaltronPosted 4/29/2013 2:42:21 AM
Nemesis_prime posted...
Cuz bewbs.
Theres literaly NO other reason to have another Superman or Batmn in a game with 20 some character and not add more unique characters.

Yes, because it's clearly breast size and not the range of interesting female characters which dictates if they show up or not.[/sarcasm]

If Batgirl, Power Girl/Super Girl and any other of the wide range of super heroines appear as DLC, it'll be because they've got a strong following and are popular characters, not just because they've got gigantic boobies and the like.
#7Nemesis_primePosted 4/29/2013 2:45:52 AM
Derek_Metaltron posted...
Nemesis_prime posted...
Cuz bewbs.

Yes, because it's clearly breast size and not the range of interesting female characters which dictates if they show up or not.[/sarcasm]

If Batgirl, Power Girl/Super Girl and any other of the wide range of super heroines appear as DLC, it'll be because they've got a strong following and are popular characters, not just because they've got gigantic boobies and the like.

And there are plenty of interesting female characters that are NOT Superman/Batman clones.
---
"Herald of Unicron"Guyver 4? Part Guyver, Part Zoanoid"-Sho
PSN ID - Rich_Sandlin88. XBL Gamer Tag - NEMESISPRlME
#8Derek_MetaltronPosted 4/29/2013 2:51:13 AM
Nemesis_prime posted...
Derek_Metaltron posted...
Nemesis_prime posted...
Cuz bewbs.

And there are plenty of interesting female characters that are NOT Superman/Batman clones.

That's possibly true, and I'd be quite happy to see Zatanna or Black Canary in there for DLC, but ultimately you have to bear in mind that NR is likely to want to have recognised characters that a casual audience knows as well as the die hards. After Wonder Woman and because of the 60's TV show, Barbara Gordon's Batgirl is a fairly recognised character, and Super Girl as well. So whilst I hope that the others might appear I figure those two have the greatest chance of appearing in the game.
#9zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 2:54:39 AM
Nemesis_prime posted...
Cuz bewbs.

Why is it sad, that almost everywhere else I've seen the requests for them that's literally been most of the reasons why lol.

Starphire, Black Canary,or Zatanna would be better I personally think since they can at least have a little more variation. And if those bewbs are the main reason then they should be pretty happy if we get Starphire.
---
Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.-General George S. Patton
#10kitfisto9619Posted 4/29/2013 3:23:33 AM
zerooo0 posted...
Topic

They all seem like they could just be different skins for Superman and Batman. Why not want for some of the more diverse DC characters like Starphire , or some of the other different girls(Or guys) that have more of a variation of possible gameplay capabilities.

Stop this argument. I have heard this 100 times since following the game that there would be no Black Adam because he is too similar to Shazam, there would be no Sinestro because his ring does everything Hal's does but in a different color, there would be no Doomsday because he is too similar to Grundy/Bane, etc.

You people need to stop repeating this excuse over and over again. Any character can be designed differently, and I don't think you can implement a female as a skin for a male character, that isn't going to work. Supergirl and Batgirl especially are much shorter and would look ridiculous as a skin over their counterpart's model.