Ayone else hate Nolan's batman persona?

#11cctrunks317Posted 5/4/2013 9:56:25 PM
Degalon posted...
cctrunks317 posted...
Bisolar posted...
Batman Begins and the Dark Knight are great movies, but I can't stand Nolan's portrayal of Batman.

I hear yah. Great great movies. But on a whole not great comic book movies. I don't want campiness to the levels of Batman and Robin.... yikes so terrible.... But I don't typically like them being TOO realistic. I feel like movies like Iron man and the Avengers nailed it. I like my comic book movies to be more.. comic booky lol

Yeah, Nolan movies are good in their own right, but terrible as adaptations. Too far removed from the source, winds up being like the Chun Li Street Fighter movie, in that it's "In Name Only".

Exactly. Except for Nolans moves were good and the Chun Li movie was the worst thing ever lol. I kinda like to watch a DC movie and have hope for Justice League someday. But with a world like the one Nolan made, it just doesn't fit in. Too realistic haha
#12TehMojodogsPosted 5/4/2013 9:57:27 PM
Degalon posted...
cctrunks317 posted...
Bisolar posted...
Batman Begins and the Dark Knight are great movies, but I can't stand Nolan's portrayal of Batman.

I hear yah. Great great movies. But on a whole not great comic book movies. I don't want campiness to the levels of Batman and Robin.... yikes so terrible.... But I don't typically like them being TOO realistic. I feel like movies like Iron man and the Avengers nailed it. I like my comic book movies to be more.. comic booky lol

Yeah, Nolan movies are good in their own right, but terrible as adaptations. Too far removed from the source, winds up being like the Chun Li Street Fighter movie, in that it's "In Name Only".

Wow that is so wrong I can't think of a word to sum it up.

Nolans is easily the best adaptation because its faithful to the source.

Batman Begins = Batman Year One.
The Dark Knight = The Man Who Laughs
The Dark Knight Rises: Knightfall/ The Dark Knight Returns/ Batman: No Man's Land.
---
Join the Fight! Defeat the Reich!
https://www.facebook.com/CoalitiontoStopGunViolence?fref=ts
#13RJ-MacReadyPosted 5/4/2013 9:58:14 PM
TC What batman persona did you like best? I think Nolans was the best especially with how he got the origins with batman begins. Batman movies were great with burton but they got a little to cheesy/campy with the versions that featured val/clooney. So id say the best versions were definitely done by Nolan and Burton.
---
PSN TheTHCGamer
LIVE TheSativaGamer
#14cctrunks317Posted 5/4/2013 9:59:35 PM
TehMojodogs posted...
Degalon posted...
cctrunks317 posted...
Bisolar posted...

The Dark Knight Rises: Knightfall/ The Dark Knight Returns/ Batman: No Man's Land.

They were definately borrowing elements from the stories from the comics, which is great. It's awesome. And don't be defensive man, we've all admitted the movies are great. It just doesn't feel like an all encompassing DC world. It feels like a strictly Batman world.
#15TehMojodogsPosted 5/4/2013 10:02:24 PM
cctrunks317 posted...
TehMojodogs posted...
Degalon posted...
cctrunks317 posted...
Bisolar posted...

They were definately borrowing elements from the stories from the comics, which is great. It's awesome. And don't be defensive man, we've all admitted the movies are great. It just doesn't feel like an all encompassing DC world. It feels like a strictly Batman world.

Thats because they only take place in Gotham and they're supposed to be Batman's movies.

Its part of why they're generally better than Marvel's movies because Marvels movies are too similar to their comics, to the point that there is no creative artistic license, its just "Yep its Ironman, as a movie..."

Whereas Nolan actually mixed things up in an interesting way and built up a climax and finale. The Ironman Trilogy just feels like there is no real point to it other than there are 3 movies, same with the old Spiderman trilogy.
---
Join the Fight! Defeat the Reich!
https://www.facebook.com/CoalitiontoStopGunViolence?fref=ts
#16UmuruPosted 5/4/2013 10:04:30 PM
That voice... always made me tune him out.
#17cctrunks317Posted 5/4/2013 10:05:05 PM
I see what you mean. I guess I just feel differently huh? for me I really like the comic booky comic book movies. I wish I could describe it better, I feel like I'm not explaining myself very well. In any case, I liked Nolans movies alot. I just guess I prefer the style of the Marvel movies being closer to the comic book counterparts. To each there own right?
#18Sipher360Posted 5/4/2013 10:05:28 PM
Yeah, I didn't like Nolan's Batman. The Villains were always the highlight of those movies...and even they all got stale by the end of each film. Although, I think Ras was better because he was not consistently present.

The stories and the Batman himself were lame as hell. And the costume design in the second and third movies were horrible. I hate that it was the basis for the default Batman attire in this game.
---
"Ahk and them never did nothing to me....terrorism is when you hang a * from a tree..." -Grand Puba Maxwell
#19Bisolar(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 10:07:59 PM
RJ-MacReady posted...
TC What batman persona did you like best? I think Nolans was the best especially with how he got the origins with batman begins. Batman movies were great with burton but they got a little to cheesy/campy with the versions that featured val/clooney. So id say the best versions were definitely done by Nolan and Burton.

I think Burton did the best Batman character with Michael Keaton. It had the cool Batman mysterious allure. Nolan's movie's have NONE of that. Batman should be sexy, and by that I mean fantastical and visually stylish. It's BATMAN for god's sake. I want gothic vistas and dark sinister tones. Something to reflect the insanity inside Bruce Wayne. I also want the Batman character to be more understated and speak more with his mysteriousness. I thought Burton/Keaton displayed that very well. Val Kilmer I thought was a pretty good Batman too, probably my pick for runner-up. George Clooney could've made an AMAZING Bats (Hell, he's practically Bruce Wayne in real life lol) but unfortunately he picked the worst flick to jump in on the series haha.
#20vidgamepwnerPosted 5/4/2013 10:09:07 PM
I didn't mind Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne, but as soon as he opened his mouth as Batman, I just threw my hands up and went "NOPE!"

The movies are good, don't get me wrong, but that voice is a joke.

In the Dark Knight Rises,..

*SPOILERS*

when Bane outed Batman as Bruce Wayne in the sewers

*END SPOILERS*

...I was wondering why he was still masking his voice...everyone in the sewer already knew...and between him and Bane, I could only understand every other word.