Ayone else hate Nolan's batman persona?

#101NitharadPosted 5/5/2013 6:29:26 AM
He's the Batman with that ridiculous voice right?

If so, then yeah... and there's the problem, and his Batman is stupid.

Best Batman is Kevin Conroy without a doubt in my opinion.
He's the voice of Batman is pretty much all other media, be it animated TV shows, animated Movies, or Video Games.
#102giantqtipzPosted 5/5/2013 7:38:22 AM
Theyre all good in their own universe.

After playing arkhan city, i appreciated burtons batman more. If bales batman had been in burtons batman, it would not fit at all. Same with the joker. Theyre all perfect in their own universe
#103Miller0202Posted 5/5/2013 10:32:44 AM
Batman Begins and the Dark Knight are great movies, but I can't stand Nolan's portrayal of Batman.

The biggest problem with the Nolan Batman films is that Batman doesn't invent his own weapons and vehicles.

In the comics, Batman has always been depicted as an engineering genius who designs and builds his own gear. In the Nolan movies, all his stuff is invented by Lucius Fox and the R&D dept.

Lucius Fox is to Batman what Q is to James Bond - i.e., the guy who engineers all his toys. In the comics, Fox helped Wayne on the financial end of running his company; he wasn't the supplier of Batman's tech.

This may seem like a small thing to complain about, but it actually changes Batman's character quite a bit, because in the comics he's literally a genius (comparable to Ozymandias in intelligence, even though he has a very different personality), whereas in the Nolan movies he's just a relatively smart guy with martial arts skills who happens to have access to an amazing supply of hi-tech weapons, simply because he's so filthy rich.

Batman Begins and TDK Rises were okay movies, not great but good; the Dark Knight was a truly excellent film, mostly because of Heath Ledger.
#104Clouded_LeopardPosted 5/5/2013 10:34:50 AM
No I don't hate it. I enjoyed the films and just about everything in them. I wish more comic book/game films where handled with as much care as Nolan showed the franchise.
---
Forum (Noun)
- A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
#105DegalonPosted 5/5/2013 10:52:41 AM
Jack_the_monke7 posted...
I love the movies for what they are, but people like the ones in this topic make me hate them. People saying "Batman needs to be realistic" are so painfully wrong. Batman isn't realistic, he fights Clayface, and Man-Bat, and Mad Hatter, and Killer Croc, he teams up with Superman, Ra's Al Ghul uses the Lazarus Pit, Bane is on Venom, etc. What Nolan did, it was a nice little thing and a unique take on the franchise. But it certainly wasn't right and should absolutely not be the standard for Batman in film.

Exactly. The Arkham games is as realistic as he should ever get.

In the Nolanverse, he feels less "Batman" than "some guy in a batsuit".

Oh, and for the record, Bane isn't on venom, he hasn't been for 20 years.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
#106DegalonPosted 5/5/2013 10:57:07 AM
Phoenix6248 posted...
Nolan's Batman:

My parents were killed. I need to send a message to show the city it can still function. A message that anyone can be Batman.

Later:

My Not so much my girlfriend died. I quit forever!

Joker: You can't let me die, because you are incorruptible.

Earlier:

*Has Gordon blow up the bridge to cause a train wreck and lets Ras die in the crash Batman created*

Yeah....
---
#107UnderratedGamerPosted 5/5/2013 2:09:12 PM
djprofessork1 posted...
nolan's movies are the most overrated crap ever. Joker was awesome in the dark knight, but overall the movies are very pretentious and the storytelling and character development is horrible.

You gotta be kidding me. The story and character development were implemented in the best way and better than any other batman movie in the past. Why do people always call the ones with the best potential as being the most overrated ones?

Penguin army, Ocean repellent, and Arnold Schwarzenegger? LOL. Those were the terrible ones.
---
"We are all Atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do." - Christopher Hitchens (1949-2011)
#108DegalonPosted 5/5/2013 5:29:35 PM(edited)
UnderratedGamer posted...
djprofessork1 posted...
nolan's movies are the most overrated crap ever. Joker was awesome in the dark knight, but overall the movies are very pretentious and the storytelling and character development is horrible.

You gotta be kidding me. The story and character development were implemented in the best way and better than any other batman movie in the past. Why do people always call the ones with the best potential as being the most overrated ones?

Penguin army, Ocean repellent, and Arnold Schwarzenegger? LOL. Those were the terrible ones.

No, the movies were good, but they were still overrated and pretentious. "Let's take a guy who dresses up as a bat and his archenemy is a killer clown, and lets try to pretend this is totally 'realistic' and then have him growling like a 12 year old trying to act tough and break suspension of disbelief by having everyone in the movie take him totally serious when he's doing that kiddy growly voice."

And people go on and on about how its the "best batman evar!!!" When, when you actually watch it, Batman's barely in it, and the movies have little to nothing to do with Batman at all beyond the fact that there's a guy in a batsuit in the movies.

Again, GREAT movies in their own right. TERRIBLE Batman films however. Like Joker. Insanely awesome villain, but not the Joker in any way, shape, or form. Mostly he comes across more as a blend between the Riddler and Anarky than any kind of Joker.

I see it as like...the Mario Bros movie. Its the source material in name only, but still a good movie in its own right.
---
#109SideburnGuruPosted 5/5/2013 5:31:30 PM
Degalon posted...
cctrunks317 posted...
Bisolar posted...
Batman Begins and the Dark Knight are great movies, but I can't stand Nolan's portrayal of Batman.

I hear yah. Great great movies. But on a whole not great comic book movies. I don't want campiness to the levels of Batman and Robin.... yikes so terrible.... But I don't typically like them being TOO realistic. I feel like movies like Iron man and the Avengers nailed it. I like my comic book movies to be more.. comic booky lol

Yeah, Nolan movies are good in their own right, but terrible as adaptations. Too far removed from the source, winds up being like the Chun Li Street Fighter movie, in that it's "In Name Only".

This.

I did enjoy the representation of Bame, but it was nothing like comic Bane at all.

And Nolan's Batman is annoying as hell. "DURNTPRAGAMSHWIFMEJKER." "WHRSDTRIGR"
---
PSN: RandomJD
Biggest Lobo fanboy? Possibly.
#110thejman270Posted 5/5/2013 5:53:32 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]