Ayone else hate Nolan's batman persona?

#111TC9834Posted 5/5/2013 4:59:34 PM
Obviously, the best portrayals of Batman is Adam West. Here is a list of why.

His strength, can any other people who played Batman claim to be able to hit someone so hard that the word "POW!!" appears? I thought not.

His crime solving skills. Adam West's Batman solved a new mystery EVERY WEEK.

His disguise. Obviously, Adam West's Batman's disguise is so good and deceptive, that he doesn't even have to change his voice in anyway for him to hide his identity.

Hit tools. Only one thing needs to be said, "Anti-Shark-Bat-Spray". Call me when another Batman can make something so advance.
---
May the Force be with you, young Harry Potter
-Gandalf, portrayed by Patrick Stewart in the 2001 movie Halo
#112Jack_the_monke7Posted 5/5/2013 5:28:40 PM
UnderratedGamer posted...
djprofessork1 posted...
nolan's movies are the most overrated crap ever. Joker was awesome in the dark knight, but overall the movies are very pretentious and the storytelling and character development is horrible.

You gotta be kidding me. The story and character development were implemented in the best way and better than any other batman movie in the past. Why do people always call the ones with the best potential as being the most overrated ones?

Penguin army, Ocean repellent, and Arnold Schwarzenegger? LOL. Those were the terrible ones.

That Penguin army is literally right out of the comics. I'm sure you accept mind control in fiction, is it that bad that the Penguin can guides his penguins with those helmets? Batman isn't realistic and never should be. Personally, I think Batman Returns was a great portrayal. The Arkham games, Under the Red Hood, and BTAS, are the most accurate portrayals.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#113AnonymousFriendPosted 5/5/2013 6:01:30 PM
Great films. Terrible Batman films.

We don't read these stories for the "realism". These are larger than life characters and need that little bit of campiness. The Marvel films know that sweet spot. I can give IM3 a pass on "you know who" because of the way it is presented. Would I have prefered a direct adaptation? Sure. And it hurt my heart to know that it won't ever happen and what actually happened. I can, however, take solice in the fact that just about everything else in the three films are presented pretty well.

I spent the Nolan films waiting for the Batman I know and love to show up. Begins I give leaway to because it's an origins tale. Dark Knight was fine because of the Joker.

The Nolan films felt like an Elsewhere's tale.
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
#114Master368Posted 5/5/2013 6:10:40 PM
The best Batman is a Grant Morrison Batman. Nolan? HAHAHAHAHAHA.
---
Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, I'll collapse your trachea
#115UnderratedGamerPosted 5/5/2013 6:46:39 PM(edited)
Degalon posted...
No, the movies were good, but they were still overrated and pretentious. "Let's take a guy who dresses up as a bat and his archenemy is a killer clown, and lets try to pretend this is totally 'realistic' and then have him growling like a 12 year old trying to act tough and break suspension of disbelief by having everyone in the movie take him totally serious when he's doing that kiddy growly voice."

How does any of that pertain to "overrated"? You just generalized all of that by a large margin. And there's no connection to: "Hey look at all of my generalizations! Therefore, this movie is overrated."

So trying to be realistic is WORSE than complete drivel like some of the other batman movies?

Also, who said any of the are supposed to be 100% realistic? If you hate movies that aren't realistic, then you hate literally EVERY fantasy movie ever made. It added realistic ELEMENTS to enlighten the story a bit. Didn't you pay attention to detail? It added the economic factors of Wayne Enterprises to make it seem like the company isn't an infinitely generating flow of money. Another realistic factor was the humanistic traits and emotions that Bruce Wayne when dealing with bruises, age, and etc. He also had struggles of a real life human rather than some robotic invincible superhero that can live through just about ANYTHING. Another last factor was that they actually added the police force drama. Obviously, if there's a vigilante on the loose, the police are going to RECKON with that force. In these movies, the officers were at almost EVERY crime scene as they should in real life. Unlike confrontations in earlier movies, where were they in those other movies? Sitting on their asses at the donut shop?

That last sentence is flat out dumb. Who was "growling like a 12 year old"? Out of the three movies, who honestly growls like a 12 year old. Batman? I remembering him whispering and talking without his voice box to cover up his identity, but that's really it.

And people go on and on about how its the "best batman evar!!!" When, when you actually watch it, Batman's barely in it, and the movies have little to nothing to do with Batman at all beyond the fact that there's a guy in a batsuit in the movies.

Yeah, they took out more Batman so that you could see more of BRUCE F****** WAYNE. You know, the guy that IS him? Adding Bruce Wayne in the picture gives you a look of his persona. How he deals with being batman, the pros and cons and such. I don't see how taking something away only to bring in something better suddenly turns the vital role of batman into being "pretentious". There still is Batman, and a lot of it. But i'd rather not watch some guy beating the holy hell out of bad guys for 2 hours thank you very much.

Again, GREAT movies in their own right. TERRIBLE Batman films however. Like Joker. Insanely awesome villain, but not the Joker in any way, shape, or form. Mostly he comes across more as a blend between the Riddler and Anarky than any kind of Joker.

Stop putting those darn comic books on the pedestal. Just because the movies don't follow every inch of the comics doesn't make it bad. It's called innovation, and it worked quite well. Stop sucking the d**** of every comic book and let the movies be awesome as well.

I see it as like...the Mario Bros movie. Its the source material in name only, but still a good movie in its own right.

Great, I see them as awesome movies, and awesome they shall stay as.
---
"We are all Atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do." - Christopher Hitchens (1949-2011)
#116AnonymousFriendPosted 5/5/2013 7:26:58 PM(edited)
/ou really only get one chance a generation to create a *insert popular character* Live Action film. Nolan disappointed a lot of Batman fans with his series. He DID a lot of elements of Batman lore, just not in the right way.
#117TC9834Posted 5/5/2013 7:26:34 PM
AnonymousFriend posted...

We don't read these stories for the "realism". These are larger than life characters and need that little bit of campiness. The Marvel films know that sweet spot. I can give IM3 a pass on "you know who" because of the way it is presented. Would I have prefered a direct adaptation? Sure. And it hurt my heart to know that it won't ever happen and what actually happened. I can, however, take solice in the fact that just about everything else in the three films are presented pretty well.

I spent the Nolan films waiting for the Batman I know and love to show up. Begins I give leaway to because it's an origins tale. Dark Knight was fine because of the Joker.

Aren't all comic book movies, in a sense, an "Elsewhere's Tale"
---
May the Force be with you, young Harry Potter
-Gandalf, portrayed by Patrick Stewart in the 2001 movie Halo
#118AnonymousFriendPosted 5/5/2013 7:30:42 PM
TC9834 posted...
AnonymousFriend posted...

Aren't all comic book movies, in a sense, an "Elsewhere's Tale"

Most comic book movies at least attempt to take the comics and translate them into a live action. Not tell a totally different thing. He Marvel movies at least feel like the characters.
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
#119lassics_shadowPosted 5/5/2013 8:04:58 PM
I liked Begins, but not the others. In all, they just reminded me that Batman is more than a bit of a rip-off.
#120WicthBalderPosted 5/5/2013 8:46:02 PM
cctrunks317 posted...
Bisolar posted...
Batman Begins and the Dark Knight are great movies, but I can't stand Nolan's portrayal of Batman.

I hear yah. Great great movies. But on a whole not great comic book movies. I don't want campiness to the levels of Batman and Robin.... yikes so terrible.... But I don't typically like them being TOO realistic. I feel like movies like Iron man and the Avengers nailed it. I like my comic book movies to be more.. comic booky lol

Yep Not too silly and not too realistic