Ayone else hate Nolan's batman persona?

#21PinkPikachuPosted 5/4/2013 9:12:33 PM
adam west for best batman
---
PSN:Tron_Carter
#22Bisolar(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 9:13:38 PM
Sipher360 posted...
Yeah, I didn't like Nolan's Batman. The Villains were always the highlight of those movies...and even they all got stale by the end of each film. Although, I think Ras was better because he was not consistently present.

The stories and the Batman himself were lame as hell. And the costume design in the second and third movies were horrible. I hate that it was the basis for the default Batman attire in this game.

I don't think the default attire/color looks like the Nolan batman, but when you pick the alternate black color yeah it does have the Nolan vibe....that's why I stick with default :)

I rewatched Batman Begins the other night and it's such a good movie but then Bale gets into character as Batman and it just SHATTERS everything. He overdoes the persona so much it's just gets me out of the whole film. The first half and 2nd half of the movie can be pretty jarring once the actual "Batman" is introduced.
#23TehMojodogsPosted 5/4/2013 9:15:13 PM
I think Burton did the best Batman character with Michael Keaton. It had the cool Batman mysterious allure. Nolan's movie's have NONE of that. Batman should be sexy, and by that I mean fantastical and visually stylish. It's BATMAN for god's sake. I want gothic vistas and dark sinister tones. Something to reflect the insanity inside Bruce Wayne. I also want the Batman character to be more understated and speak more with his mysteriousness. I thought Burton/Keaton displayed that very well. Val Kilmer I thought was a pretty good Batman too, probably my pick for runner-up. George Clooney could've made an AMAZING Bats (Hell, he's practically Bruce Wayne in real life lol) but unfortunately he picked the worst flick to jump in on the series haha.

Are you kidding me?

Micheal Keaton is a fricking comedian, he isn't handsome, or even tough looking, he was a terrible cast for that character.

Ignoring his goofy looking mouth in his stiffy plastic looking cowl and inability to turn his head, that movie is balls compared to the Nolan movies.

Also no Bruce isn't "insane" and they did capture the actual feel of Batman in Nolan's version, everyone is actually like their comic counterpart but more believable and artistic.

Keaton is goofy and reminds us of Adam West Batman where everything is lame and cartoony and unbeliivable, Jack Ncholson weaks Khaki pants with a purple suit for God's sake.
---
Join the Fight! Defeat the Reich!
https://www.facebook.com/CoalitiontoStopGunViolence?fref=ts
#24JoshelplexPosted 5/4/2013 9:22:01 PM
I dont see how being bland and gritty and devoid of personality is more artistic than being cartoony. The cartoony style may not have been "artistic," but neither is the almost cartoonishly gritty portrayal from Nolan's
---
Magnificent Seven had the greatest soundtrack ever. FACT.
PSN: Joshelplex
#25djprofessork1Posted 5/4/2013 9:23:22 PM
nolan's movies are the most overrated crap ever. Joker was awesome in the dark knight, but overall the movies are very pretentious and the storytelling and character development is horrible.
---
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#26PinkPikachuPosted 5/4/2013 9:24:26 PM
i like when batman said where is the trigger
---
PSN:Tron_Carter
#27thejman270Posted 5/4/2013 9:25:54 PM
Bisolar posted...
Batman Begins and the Dark Knight are great movies, but I can't stand Nolan's portrayal of Batman.

- I hate Nolan's inane drivel as a whole.
#28TehMojodogsPosted 5/4/2013 9:27:55 PM
Joshelplex posted...
I dont see how being bland and gritty and devoid of personality is more artistic than being cartoony. The cartoony style may not have been "artistic," but neither is the almost cartoonishly gritty portrayal from Nolan's

Yes they're so "bland" seeing as they more or less reinvented and revitalized comic adaptation movies after Batman and Robin (sucked ass) and killed comic adaptations.

The Keaton movies were like Super Mario Brothers the movie levels of cheese. Jokers master plan is to have a parade and he shoots an airplane out of the sky with a very long barreled pistol? Yeeeeah... and he also walks into a museum with a boombox and throw paint all over everything... what a menace.

Or that disgusting version of the Penguin.

Whereas Nolan's Batman movies are layered with tons of nuances and actually look and feel like actual Batman movies, versus Keaton and his Nipple suits that feel like Adam West and Burt Ward with higher production values.
---
#29TehMojodogsPosted 5/4/2013 9:28:36 PM
thejman270 posted...
Bisolar posted...
Batman Begins and the Dark Knight are great movies, but I can't stand Nolan's portrayal of Batman.

- I hate Nolan's inane drivel as a whole.

Yes but you like RHATO so we've established you love crap.
---
#30natey2k4Posted 5/4/2013 9:32:27 PM
I liked the original. Hated #2. Haven't seen 3 yet.

Robin is my favourite, so I was pissed Nolan chirped him anyway.