Ayone else hate Nolan's batman persona?

#31ReggiePosted 5/4/2013 10:34:01 PM
TehMojodogs posted...
Joshelplex posted...
I dont see how being bland and gritty and devoid of personality is more artistic than being cartoony. The cartoony style may not have been "artistic," but neither is the almost cartoonishly gritty portrayal from Nolan's

Yes they're so "bland" seeing as they more or less reinvented and revitalized comic adaptation movies after Batman and Robin (sucked ass) and killed comic adaptations.

The Keaton movies were like Super Mario Brothers the movie levels of cheese. Jokers master plan is to have a parade and he shoots an airplane out of the sky with a very long barreled pistol? Yeeeeah... and he also walks into a museum with a boombox and throw paint all over everything... what a menace.

Or that disgusting version of the Penguin.

Whereas Nolan's Batman movies are layered with tons of nuances and actually look and feel like actual Batman movies, versus Keaton and his Nipple suits that feel like Adam West and Burt Ward with higher production values.

Although I agree with much of what you're saying, to be fair, that nipple (and butt shot!) nonsense didn't come about until Schumacher took over the reigns as director.
#32djprofessork1Posted 5/4/2013 10:34:32 PM
TehMojodogs posted...
Joshelplex posted...
I dont see how being bland and gritty and devoid of personality is more artistic than being cartoony. The cartoony style may not have been "artistic," but neither is the almost cartoonishly gritty portrayal from Nolan's

Yes they're so "bland" seeing as they more or less reinvented and revitalized comic adaptation movies after Batman and Robin (sucked ass) and killed comic adaptations.

The Keaton movies were like Super Mario Brothers the movie levels of cheese. Jokers master plan is to have a parade and he shoots an airplane out of the sky with a very long barreled pistol? Yeeeeah... and he also walks into a museum with a boombox and throw paint all over everything... what a menace.

Whereas Nolan's Batman movies are layered with tons of nuances and actually look and feel like actual Batman movies, versus Keaton and his Nipple suits that feel like Adam West and Burt Ward with higher production values.

you're talking about a story based on a GUY WHO WEARS A BAT SUIT
how serious can it really be?
The Keaton movies were great.
---
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#33DegalonPosted 5/4/2013 10:36:44 PM
TehMojodogs posted...
Degalon posted...
cctrunks317 posted...
Bisolar posted...
Batman Begins and the Dark Knight are great movies, but I can't stand Nolan's portrayal of Batman.

I hear yah. Great great movies. But on a whole not great comic book movies. I don't want campiness to the levels of Batman and Robin.... yikes so terrible.... But I don't typically like them being TOO realistic. I feel like movies like Iron man and the Avengers nailed it. I like my comic book movies to be more.. comic booky lol

Yeah, Nolan movies are good in their own right, but terrible as adaptations. Too far removed from the source, winds up being like the Chun Li Street Fighter movie, in that it's "In Name Only".

Wow that is so wrong I can't think of a word to sum it up.

Nolans is easily the best adaptation because its faithful to the source.

Batman Begins = Batman Year One.
The Dark Knight = The Man Who Laughs
The Dark Knight Rises: Knightfall/ The Dark Knight Returns/ Batman: No Man's Land.

Lemme put it this way. This is not a world that we can ever really have Batman and his villains. As it is, its just Bruce Wayne growling at mobsters and mercenaries. They could never have, say, Robin, or an actual Batmobile, or Clayface, or Poison Ivy, or Mr Freeze. They can only do "normal" enemies like Two Face and Bane, and they coulda done the Penguin, too. Scarecrow was the closest to being an actual Batman villain, in that while he doesn't get any kind of a costume, he does still at least get his signature thing, the fear gas. Even Joker got watered down to the point that if he werent wearing makeup and a purple suit, you'd never have any idea he was supposed to be the joker.

There can't be any actual....comic book elements to the Nolanverse, which kills it ever being a true Batman or DC comics movie.

Again, Excellent movie in its own right, just a very poor Batman movie.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
#34TehMojodogsPosted 5/4/2013 10:39:12 PM
djprofessork1 posted...
TehMojodogs posted...
Joshelplex posted...

you're talking about a story based on a GUY WHO WEARS A BAT SUIT
how serious can it really be?

The Keaton movies were great.

Pretty damn serious if you actually know anything about the character beyond Adam West.

Batman is the darkest super hero of the all (No **** the Punsiher, he isn't dakr he's just a murderer)

Batman came about when Al Capone was a public menace and WWII was a reality, and Pulp Fiction comics were still part of the norm.

The Keaton movies for their time are good, but they have not aged well at all.

The villains are laughable, goofy, the costumes look like Power Rangers levels of design and the world looks very very inauthentic.

The plots are simplistic (What was the Jokers plan in Batman 89?)

And Micheal Keaton is Bruce Wayne/Batman? Debonaire Playboy and Dark Avenger of the night is a goofy, curly haired, milquetose white guy comedian? No, just no.
---
Join the Fight! Defeat the Reich!
https://www.facebook.com/CoalitiontoStopGunViolence?fref=ts
#35Evil_SodaPosted 5/4/2013 10:40:02 PM
What I disliked about the Nolan Batman trilogy:

- Alfred quitting instead of sticking it out with Bruce when Bruce needed him then bawling over his grave.
- Batman was basically a brawler, lacking the strategic mindset of Batman in the comics
- Bruce Wayne quit in the end to have a life with Selina Kyle.
- Christian Bale is too short. The scene in Dark Knight where Gordon, Batman and Dent were talking on the rooftop and Dent is taller than Batman.
#36DegalonPosted 5/4/2013 10:42:00 PM
Evil_Soda posted...

- Alfred quitting instead of sticking it out with Bruce when Bruce needed him then bawling over his grave.
- Batman was basically a brawler, lacking the strategic mindset of Batman in the comics
- Christian Bale is too short. The scene in Dark Knight where Gordon, Batman and Dent were talking on the rooftop and Dent is taller than Batman.

Actual, Bale is relatively tall. They had to have the guy playing bane stand on boxes to appear taller than him.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
#37TehMojodogsPosted 5/4/2013 10:42:35 PM
Degalon posted...
TehMojodogs posted...
Degalon posted...
cctrunks317 posted...
Bisolar posted...
Batman Begins and the Dark Knight are great movies, but I can't stand Nolan's portrayal of Batman.

I hear yah. Great great movies. But on a whole not great comic book movies. I don't want campiness to the levels of Batman and Robin.... yikes so terrible.... But I don't typically like them being TOO realistic. I feel like movies like Iron man and the Avengers nailed it. I like my comic book movies to be more.. comic booky lol

Yeah, Nolan movies are good in their own right, but terrible as adaptations. Too far removed from the source, winds up being like the Chun Li Street Fighter movie, in that it's "In Name Only".

Wow that is so wrong I can't think of a word to sum it up.

Nolans is easily the best adaptation because its faithful to the source.

Batman Begins = Batman Year One.
The Dark Knight = The Man Who Laughs
The Dark Knight Rises: Knightfall/ The Dark Knight Returns/ Batman: No Man's Land.

Lemme put it this way. This is not a world that we can ever really have Batman and his villains. As it is, its just Bruce Wayne growling at mobsters and mercenaries. They could never have, say, Robin, or an actual Batmobile, or Clayface, or Poison Ivy, or Mr Freeze. They can only do "normal" enemies like Two Face and Bane, and they coulda done the Penguin, too. Scarecrow was the closest to being an actual Batman villain, in that while he doesn't get any kind of a costume, he does still at least get his signature thing, the fear gas. Even Joker got watered down to the point that if he werent wearing makeup and a purple suit, you'd never have any idea he was supposed to be the joker.

There can't be any actual....comic book elements to the Nolanverse, which kills it ever being a true Batman or DC comics movie.

Again, Excellent movie in its own right, just a very poor Batman movie.

Wrong.

Sal Maroni is an actual Mobster in Batman.
Falcone is a Mobster in Batman
Ra's Al Ghul is a villain in Batman.
The Mob are villains in Batman.
Two-Face
Joker
Bane

All Batman villains.

As for "this is a world that can't have Batman villains" Uhhh Aurora shooter? Boston Bombers? Al Capone? All of them are pretty much Batman villains, insane *******.

The Nolan movies are easily the best Batman movies of them all.
---
#38cctrunks317Posted 5/4/2013 10:44:51 PM
I think he meant more along the lines of crazy super powered baddies. Like it'd be jarring to have fairly gritty and realistic bad guys and than suddenly an almost naked green woman summoning gigantic plant monsters or a guy in a battlesuit firing freeze rays.
#39TehMojodogsPosted 5/4/2013 10:46:09 PM
cctrunks317 posted...
I think he meant more along the lines of crazy super powered baddies. Like it'd be jarring to have fairly gritty and realistic bad guys and than suddenly an almost naked green woman summoning gigantic plant monsters or a guy in a battlesuit firing freeze rays.

Thats good though, keep the CGI out of Batman, leave that to Marvel or super powered guys like Superman.

CGI is overused nowadays, Nolan is a genius for using old fashioned cinematography for his movies and having great set and costume designers instead of relying on CG.
---
#40TomoEK9Posted 5/4/2013 10:46:33 PM
Evil_Soda posted...

Aside from the last point (the height difference isn't super huge) I would agree with this post.