Ayone else hate Nolan's batman persona?

#41cctrunks317Posted 5/4/2013 10:47:50 PM
TehMojodogs posted...
cctrunks317 posted...
I think he meant more along the lines of crazy super powered baddies. Like it'd be jarring to have fairly gritty and realistic bad guys and than suddenly an almost naked green woman summoning gigantic plant monsters or a guy in a battlesuit firing freeze rays.

Thats good though, keep the CGI out of Batman, leave that to Marvel or super powered guys like Superman.

CGI is overused nowadays, Nolan is a genius for using old fashioned cinematography for his movies and having great set and costume designers instead of relying on CG.

I agree. I'm just saying there alot of fans who would like to see a batman movie on a grand scale with Batman and Robin and hell maybe even Batgirl and Nightwing slugging it out with big bads like Ivy, Croc and Freeze. Not that theres anything wrong with Nolans movies.
#42TomoEK9Posted 5/4/2013 10:51:16 PM
cctrunks317 posted...
I think he meant more along the lines of crazy super powered baddies. Like it'd be jarring to have fairly gritty and realistic bad guys and than suddenly an almost naked green woman summoning gigantic plant monsters or a guy in a battlesuit firing freeze rays.

I would have actually liked to have seen these villains but given a realistic spin, try and make them fit into the Nolanverse.

I mean Ra's al Ghul is essentially immortal and has lived hundreds of years, not exactly a realistic character but they tweaked him a bit and made him fit into the world.
#43TehMojodogsPosted 5/4/2013 10:52:00 PM
cctrunks317 posted...
TehMojodogs posted...
cctrunks317 posted...

Thats good though, keep the CGI out of Batman, leave that to Marvel or super powered guys like Superman.

CGI is overused nowadays, Nolan is a genius for using old fashioned cinematography for his movies and having great set and costume designers instead of relying on CG.

I agree. I'm just saying there alot of fans who would like to see a batman movie on a grand scale with Batman and Robin and hell maybe even Batgirl and Nightwing slugging it out with big bads like Ivy, Croc and Freeze. Not that theres anything wrong with Nolans movies.

I think that would work better with Batman + Justice League.

Batman is supposed to be dark and atmospheric, which is why villains like Croc or Clayface don't fit into live action Batman Solo.

Robin could work, but Schumacher ruined it with his movies (seriously every line of Chris O' Donell in Batman and Robin is him whining)

But with Justice League characters alongside Batman, you can incorporate CG because people like Martian Manhunter (probably will be rendered in CG like Mystique) will require it.
---
Join the Fight! Defeat the Reich!
https://www.facebook.com/CoalitiontoStopGunViolence?fref=ts
#44cctrunks317Posted 5/4/2013 10:53:52 PM
TehMojodogs posted...
cctrunks317 posted...
TehMojodogs posted...
cctrunks317 posted...

Batman is supposed to be dark and atmospheric, which is why villains like Croc or Clayface don't fit into live action Batman Solo.

Robin could work, but Schumacher ruined it with his movies (seriously every line of Chris O' Donell in Batman and Robin is him whining)

But with Justice League characters alongside Batman, you can incorporate CG because people like Martian Manhunter (probably will be rendered in CG like Mystique) will require it.

Yeah exactly lol. I think we're sayin the same thing in a way. I actively would live aa Justice league movie Universe. batman and Robin, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Superman, The Flash and GL getting there own movies leading up into a justice league movie. But as great as Nolans movies were they wouldn't work for that.
#45EHeroHaneKuriboPosted 5/4/2013 10:55:35 PM
Why doesnt everyone just agree that the Arkham games are the best portrayal of Batman and forget about the movies?
#46TehMojodogsPosted 5/4/2013 10:56:23 PM
cctrunks317 posted...
TehMojodogs posted...
cctrunks317 posted...
TehMojodogs posted...
cctrunks317 posted...

Yeah exactly lol. I think we're sayin the same thing in a way. I actively would live aa Justice league movie Universe. batman and Robin, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Superman, The Flash and GL getting there own movies leading up into a justice league movie. But as great as Nolans movies were they wouldn't work for that.

I think with Nolan's direction, Zach Snyder's CG work (Snyder's best trait) and Goyer's penning that would work extremely well.
---
Join the Fight! Defeat the Reich!
https://www.facebook.com/CoalitiontoStopGunViolence?fref=ts
#47cctrunks317Posted 5/4/2013 10:57:11 PM
EHeroHaneKuribo posted...
Why doesnt everyone just agree that the Arkham games are the best portrayal of Batman and forget about the movies?

Well cuz the movies were still good. They were just different. They appealed to an entirely different audience in alot of ways. everyone has there own opinions as far as what it should be, and none of them are wrong necessarily.
#48cctrunks317Posted 5/4/2013 10:59:52 PM
Well, if they had started laying the seeds a few years ago with batman begins, then maybe. But what made the Marvel Movie universe great was it was planned from the start. It would be extremely hard to believe metropolis, aliens and super powers were there in the world the whole time without nary a mention to it. Man of Steel could potentially start setting up, but with Bruce retiring at the end of DKR I'd say those are pretty much a foregone conclusion.
#49Fou LuPosted 5/4/2013 11:00:36 PM
Joshelplex posted...
cctrunks317 posted...
Bisolar posted...
Batman Begins and the Dark Knight are great movies, but I can't stand Nolan's portrayal of Batman.

I hear yah. Great great movies. But on a whole not great comic book movies. I don't want campiness to the levels of Batman and Robin.... yikes so terrible.... But I don't typically like them being TOO realistic. I feel like movies like Iron man and the Avengers nailed it. I like my comic book movies to be more.. comic booky lol

I agree. What bothered me more was Nolan's Bane, since yiu'd literally need to be told who he was since he's so different.

30 minutes into the movie I wanted to turn it off because of how Bane was portrayed. I did not enjoy that movie at all.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#50DegalonPosted 5/4/2013 11:03:31 PM(edited)
EHeroHaneKuribo posted...

Because the Arkham games also completely destroyed Bane. He already had a bad enough rep as it was with most portrayals refusing to get over the Venom schtick, but then Arkham Asylum just turned him into a big dumb Rhino knockoff.

Except for the way he was defeated due to his really stupid mask, Bane is the one good thing about the Nolan movies, in that while he in no way resembles the source material (like every other character) it was the first media portrayal of Bane that didn't make him out to be a stupid thug.

Except for Bane though, I fully agree.

Nolan films are good movies, but bad Batman movies.

Marvel makes the best comic book movies, no denying about that. They know how to make a comic book movie.

I mean, in the nolan movies...it isn't even really Batman. It really is just a rich playboy laughably trying to sound tough by gutteral growling. There's nothing intimidating about him, nothing mysterious about him. Even the full Batsuit just looks silly, because everything else is trying to look so realistic. Batman himself doesn't fit in the Nolan movies, which is the biggest sign that it's not a very good Batman film.

If you don't look at it as a Batman movie though, then its fantastic. I LOVE these movies. I really do. Not because they are good Batman movies (they aren't) but because they are good MOVIES.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards