Ayone else hate Nolan's batman persona?

#51TehMojodogsPosted 5/4/2013 11:03:45 PM
cctrunks317 posted...
Well, if they had started laying the seeds a few years ago with batman begins, then maybe. But what made the Marvel Movie universe great was it was planned from the start. It would be extremely hard to believe metropolis, aliens and super powers were there in the world the whole time without nary a mention to it. Man of Steel could potentially start setting up, but with Bruce retiring at the end of DKR I'd say those are pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Actually Batman mentioned Metropolis passively in TDK.

And Snyder has said they're a shared Universe with Man of Steel (Batman will be alluded to)

Metropolis and Gotham are always totally different from each other too (not NY)

Rumor has it that for Justice League Superman will approach retired Bruce Wayne and together they'll start up a team.
---
Join the Fight! Defeat the Reich!
https://www.facebook.com/CoalitiontoStopGunViolence?fref=ts
#52CLupulaPosted 5/4/2013 11:04:48 PM
I actually think out of all the movies, Nolan is the only one who got Batman right.

Michael Keaton was AWFUL as Batman, probably actually worse than George Clooney...and Clooney was pretty damn bad.

For one, Bruce Wayne isn't supposed to be a potentially psychotic loner who might as well walk around with a giant neon sign on him that says "I AM BATMAN!" I loved how Bale's Batman would pretend to be a playboy, in order to completely throw people off the trail of who he really was. He's supposed to be tortured inside, yes, but he's not supposed to let the whole world see it. There is NO WAY that Keaton's Batman would have been able to maintain a secret identity acting the way he did.

Not to mention, Keaton's Batman killed on a regular basis, something the comic Batman wouldn't do.

As for the voice, it is a bit silly, but it works. If he's a big, famous billionaire, wouldn't people recognize his voice if he spoke in his regular tone?
#53cctrunks317Posted 5/4/2013 11:05:13 PM
TehMojodogs posted...
cctrunks317 posted...
Well, if they had started laying the seeds a few years ago with batman begins, then maybe. But what made the Marvel Movie universe great was it was planned from the start. It would be extremely hard to believe metropolis, aliens and super powers were there in the world the whole time without nary a mention to it. Man of Steel could potentially start setting up, but with Bruce retiring at the end of DKR I'd say those are pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Actually Batman mentioned Metropolis passively in TDK.

And Snyder has said they're a shared Universe with Man of Steel (Batman will be alluded to)

Metropolis and Gotham are always totally different from each other too (not NY)

Rumor has it that for Justice League Superman will approach retired Bruce Wayne and together they'll start up a team.

Oh he did mention it? I guess I just forgot. In any case, I guess we'll just have to see how it goes. I'm skeptical but I've been wrong before. Like.. alot of times. Hundreds of times maybe.
#54CLupulaPosted 5/4/2013 11:11:27 PM
I just love how people are actually saying that movies by a guy who was once quoted as being offended when someone suggested he read comic books (look it up, Tim Burton actually once said to Kevin Smith, "As if I would ever read a comic book!"), by a guy who basically had Jack Nicholson play the same character Jack Nicholson always plays, by a guy who made the Joker kill Batman's parents, by a guy who made Batman kill on a regular basis, by a guy who made the Penguin into a mutant with flippers who lived in the sewer and had an evil circus troupe as his henchmen, by a guy who made Catwoman a cat-powered zombie...are somehow closer to the comic than the guy who pretty much adapted Year One, Knightfall, and No Man's Land.
#55LazyMcGradyPosted 5/4/2013 11:12:11 PM
When was Metropolis mentioned in The Dark Knight? I honestly just don't remember
---
Gamertag: TrinidadMontana
#56DegalonPosted 5/4/2013 11:12:23 PM
CLupula posted...
I actually think out of all the movies, Nolan is the only one who got Batman right.

Michael Keaton was AWFUL as Batman, probably actually worse than George Clooney...and Clooney was pretty damn bad.

For one, Bruce Wayne isn't supposed to be a potentially psychotic loner who might as well walk around with a giant neon sign on him that says "I AM BATMAN!" I loved how Bale's Batman would pretend to be a playboy, in order to completely throw people off the trail of who he really was. He's supposed to be tortured inside, yes, but he's not supposed to let the whole world see it. There is NO WAY that Keaton's Batman would have been able to maintain a secret identity acting the way he did.

Not to mention, Keaton's Batman killed on a regular basis, something the comic Batman wouldn't do.

As for the voice, it is a bit silly, but it works. If he's a big, famous billionaire, wouldn't people recognize his voice if he spoke in his regular tone?

But its also counterproductive to growl like that since the whole point of the Batman persona is to intimidate, not make them burst into a laughing fit.

Out of all the adaptations, I think Clooney made the absolute best Bruce Wayne and Batman. Just piss poor luck that he was Batman in the worst possible movie.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
#57CLupulaPosted 5/4/2013 11:13:25 PM
Not to mention, it's pretty easy to adapt the Nolan movies to a bigger superhero universe. All you have to do is say Batman came first. Superman was still growing up in Smallville when the whole Gotham City thing happened. End of story.
#58CLupulaPosted 5/4/2013 11:19:11 PM
What? Clooney's happy-go-lucky wisecracking Batman was your favorite? The one from one of the worst movies, not just comic book movies, but worst overall movies, EVER, is your favorite?!?

While it's better than Keaton's it's pretty bad.

And if some man comes out of the shadows at 2am, dressed like a bat, and beats the crap out of you for taking someone's purse, you're going to be too intimidated by the rest of the situation to notice that he's talking like Solid Snake.
#59gameghy555Posted 5/4/2013 11:20:14 PM
LazyMcGrady posted...
When was Metropolis mentioned in The Dark Knight? I honestly just don't remember

The Dark Knight mentions it when Bruce has a convo with Morgan Freeman's character about the economy (and if their future deals will be good or not). I THINK that's where it's mentioned, but I do remember hearing it in either Batman Begins or The Dark Knight.
---
PSN: MoHSalim
http://www.youtube.com/m0hsalim
#60CLupulaPosted 5/4/2013 11:21:29 PM
And it'd be possible to do realistic versions of Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze. As for Killer Croc, he pretty much had a cameo in one of the first two movies (I forgot which), as well as Zsasz.