Ayone else hate Nolan's batman persona?

#61Dsurions_WrathPosted 5/4/2013 11:22:18 PM
gameghy555 posted...
LazyMcGrady posted...
When was Metropolis mentioned in The Dark Knight? I honestly just don't remember

The Dark Knight mentions it when Bruce has a convo with Morgan Freeman's character about the economy (and if their future deals will be good or not). I THINK that's where it's mentioned, but I do remember hearing it in either Batman Begins or The Dark Knight.

Yeah I remember them mentioning Metropolis a few times throughout the movies.
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21
#62pfh1001Posted 5/4/2013 11:25:20 PM
I hate those movies & I loathe Nolan's supposed "realistic" take on Batman. Because it's so realistic that the Joker can rig the entire city with explosives using only his crack squad of completely insane followers.
#63renzsweetPosted 5/4/2013 11:31:14 PM
TomoEK9 posted...
Degalon posted...
cctrunks317 posted...
Bisolar posted...
Batman Begins and the Dark Knight are great movies, but I can't stand Nolan's portrayal of Batman.

I hear yah. Great great movies. But on a whole not great comic book movies. I don't want campiness to the levels of Batman and Robin.... yikes so terrible.... But I don't typically like them being TOO realistic. I feel like movies like Iron man and the Avengers nailed it. I like my comic book movies to be more.. comic booky lol

Yeah, Nolan movies are good in their own right, but terrible as adaptations. Too far removed from the source, winds up being like the Chun Li Street Fighter movie, in that it's "In Name Only".

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight weren't too bad or far removed from the comics. The Dark Knight Rises kind of jumped the shark though.

Are you serious? They totally ripped a Joker story and added it to Two Face. Then they totally ignore Barbara and have Gordon's "son" be a victim.
---
I praise the name of Jesus.
#64SSJ VegetolliPosted 5/4/2013 11:51:14 PM
topic aside, here we go on a 3+ year wait for a batman reboot.... there goes that "plan" for any JLA movie any time soon... speaking of which what the heck ever happened with that Wonder Woman movie? XD I think it got scrapped.
---
XSpidercideX : Wait, there are girls at gamefaqs?!
^ LOL
#65thejman270Posted 5/4/2013 11:51:44 PM
TehMojodogs posted...
thejman270 posted...
Bisolar posted...
Batman Begins and the Dark Knight are great movies, but I can't stand Nolan's portrayal of Batman.

- I hate Nolan's inane drivel as a whole.

Yes but you like RHATO so we've established you love crap.

- Oh a butthurt fanboy who we've established that you think that things can actually be factually good and bad, and you believe your inane fanboyish opinions to be a fact. Surprise, surprise.

- Aww, did i insult your favorite movie you poor baby? Cry me a river.

- Shoo trollish fanboy, i should have remembered to spray my fanboy repellent today.

- Oh, how is Snyder's inane run on Batman coming along? You still reading it like the loyal fanboyish dog of DC that you are?
#66dearestnightPosted 5/5/2013 12:08:18 AM
Good films, the only aspect that bothered me was the hypocrisy in Nolan's reasoning behind certain characters. His "grounded and realistic" take in many cases was worse than a comic in terms of realism. Bane using an enhanced steroid wouldn't work, but it's clearly acceptable to do enough pushups and boom, a broken spine is mended. He's a great filmmaker, but his logic is quite odd to me sometimes.
#67NightMareBunnyPosted 5/5/2013 12:14:20 AM
the biggest problem with Nolan's Batman...he wasn't a detective he was treated like some brainless brawler that just rambled like a idiot while throwing punches

even the cartoons got the detective part down yet Nolans Batman needed the villains to spell out everything for him(that or it wasn't that difficult to figure out in the first place)

the villains always made him look like a savage moron
---
JUS FC:347983426961
Diamond FC:4167-0966-1829
#68EvilSakuraiPosted 5/5/2013 12:17:26 AM
cctrunks317 posted...
TehMojodogs posted...
Degalon posted...
cctrunks317 posted...
I hear yah. Great great movies. But on a whole not great comic book movies. I don't want campiness to the levels of Batman and Robin.... yikes so terrible.... But I don't typically like them being TOO realistic. I feel like movies like Iron man and the Avengers nailed it. I like my comic book movies to be more.. comic booky lol

Yeah, Nolan movies are good in their own right, but terrible as adaptations. Too far removed from the source, winds up being like the Chun Li Street Fighter movie, in that it's "In Name Only".

Wow that is so wrong I can't think of a word to sum it up.

Nolans is easily the best adaptation because its faithful to the source.

Batman Begins = Batman Year One.
The Dark Knight = The Man Who Laughs
The Dark Knight Rises: Knightfall/ The Dark Knight Returns/ Batman: No Man's Land.

They were definately borrowing elements from the stories from the comics, which is great. It's awesome. And don't be defensive man, we've all admitted the movies are great. It just doesn't feel like an all encompassing DC world. It feels like a strictly Batman world.

Thats because they only take place in Gotham and they're supposed to be Batman's movies.

Its part of why they're generally better than Marvel's movies because Marvels movies are too similar to their comics, to the point that there is no creative artistic license, its just "Yep its Ironman, as a movie..."

Whereas Nolan actually mixed things up in an interesting way and built up a climax and finale. The Ironman Trilogy just feels like there is no real point to it other than there are 3 movies, same with the old Spiderman trilogy.

Other than Iron Man 3....
Iron Man 3 is "We sorta read about Extremis, Aim, Iron Patriot, and The Mandarin on Wikipedia. Now we're going to make a movie out of what we skimmed for about 10 seconds, and CHANGE ALL OF THESE THINGS RADICALLY!"

It didn't look ANYTHING like an actual Iron Man storyline. That's one of the biggest complaints.
---
PSN:omegamarth. Mains: Lobo? Subs: Black Adam, Ares, Bane.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/Burgess/1361508641312_zpsf28e6834.gif
#69PirateKing290Posted 5/5/2013 12:38:57 AM
Arkham Asylum Batman> The Animated Series> Justice League> Nolan> Brave and The Bold> All others.
---
PSN: Weeeler
A strategic RPG where all your favorite characters compete in battle: http://w11.zetaboards.com/Binded_Battle/index/
#70SazukeEXPosted 5/5/2013 12:41:48 AM
I have a hard time understanding what the **** he says when he's Batman.
---
Hector x Farina - OTP of FE.