What NRS is doing is worse than Capcom

#1Bestia_SomniaPosted 5/7/2013 1:35:37 AM(edited)
Street Fighter X Tekken
- $20 for 12 highly requested characters as DLC, that are already finished and on-disc. They're free if you have the Vita version of SFxT already.

- 2 DLC costumes per character for around $1 each. Are bought individually to guarantee that the customer only gets the ones that he/she cares about. The outfits can be full customized with the game's colour editer. Like the characters though, this DLC is all already on-disc.

Injustice: Gods Among Us
- $15 (more if you don't get the season pass) for 4 highly questionable choices, that are already finished and waiting server side. They'll pretty much become on-disc by the mandatory patches. The characters can be bought individually though, to guarantee that the customer gets only the characters that he/she cares about.

- God knows how many DLC costumes per character in bundles of 3 for around the price of $3. That's $1 per costume, but the customer is required to buy costumes they don't want just to get the one or two outfits in the pack that they did, causing the price to potentially and unnecessarily add up more. Unlike the SFxT costumes though, these will actually be popular because of the fanservice. There's no reason to believe why the DLC costumes, like the characters, are not already finished and waiting server side. Inevitably they'll become on-disc through the mandatory patches.

I just find it hypocritical that Capcom are constantly being hated for their practices, yet NRS' aren't that much different and could even be considered worse in some cases. And yes, I do know that SFxT is a mediocre game, but it doesn't change my point.
---
"Women!? Wutz a women? Iz it brand of serial? a herp to da derp..." - Masashi Kishimoto
#2Caolan_2k9Posted 5/7/2013 1:37:38 AM
What NRS is doing is bad, but nothing is worse than capcom.
---
Always up for a 1v1, friendly or competitive. Gamertag - HyPe xKiwi
#3The_Shadow_LinkPosted 5/7/2013 1:38:50 AM
The Counter Argument is that SFxT had the gems that cost a lot of money.

The Counter Counter Argument is that Injustice has a Freemium iOS game that wants you to spend a lot of money to complete it and get everything in the main game it self.

Also lets give praise that Capcom had a Colour Editor for each character and each costume for free, and you can make 3 alternate colour options for each costume.

Each NRS costume has 2 colours, often times they are extremely similar as well.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#4werasdzxcPosted 5/7/2013 1:39:46 AM
It's probably because NRS were smart enough to not put their finished on-disc DLC on disc so it looks like extra stuff instead of paying to unlock the disc.
---
Speedwagon withdraws coolly.
#5Bestia_Somnia(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 1:40:57 AM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
The Counter Argument is that SFxT had the gems that cost a lot of money.

The Counter Counter Argument is that Injustice has a Freemium iOS game that wants you to spend a lot of money to complete it and get everything in the main game it self.

Also lets give praise that Capcom had a Colour Editor for each character and each costume for free, and you can make 3 alternate colour options for each costume.

Each NRS costume has 2 colours, often times they are extremely similar as well.

Well gems are their own thing. I'm talking specifically about the character/costume stuff -- the stuff that people actually care about.
---
"Women!? Wutz a women? Iz it brand of serial? a herp to da derp..." - Masashi Kishimoto
#6Capt_HerlockPosted 5/7/2013 1:45:58 AM
Costumes are 3 for 2 dollars right?
---
http://backloggery.com/capt_herlock
#7Capt_HerlockPosted 5/7/2013 1:48:56 AM
Capt_Herlock posted...
Costumes are 3 for 2 dollars right?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it
---
http://backloggery.com/capt_herlock
#8SyggysPosted 5/7/2013 1:50:05 AM
I don't understand why they have to make these silly "packs", just release the costumes individually.
---
UK/EU
PSN: SygBoss
#9Kakashi_LawyerPosted 5/7/2013 1:51:44 AM
Syggys posted...
I don't understand why they have to make these silly "packs", just release the costumes individually.

They want every dollar out of you.
#10Lorenzo_2003Posted 5/7/2013 2:02:34 AM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
Also lets give praise that Capcom had a Colour Editor for each character...

That was not always a good thing. I will never be able to unsee the vomit of glowing colors that some people chose to play with. Bleh!