Compared to Persona 4 Arena, how hard is this game for a beginner

#1guedesbrawlPosted 5/7/2013 3:53:59 PM
I was doing fairly well in P4:A, playing on hard without relying too much on the Autocombo. Compared to that, what should I expect? I'll probably only do the story and very few matches with a friend...
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#2BisolarPosted 5/7/2013 4:31:06 PM
Persona 4 Arena is EXTREMELY easy and Injustice plays much differently too.

Netherrealm games are a differently animal than the Japanese fighters such as Street Fighter/King of Fighters/Guilty Gear/Persona.

Don't go in expecting the same movement and pacing...The combos are totally different too, it's not hit-confirm heavy like the Japanese combos, it's dial-a-combo where you input the buttons in one string and your combo comes out. But there's still timing involved with the juggling and stuff of course.

But all in all, I say go for it...It has a great initial tutorial and is a really fun game, especially when you connect with a character. :)
#3CyborgTwentyPosted 5/7/2013 4:31:56 PM
p4a is a lot easier to learn so you will have a hard time for the first few days.
#4AhrimanTheStillPosted 5/7/2013 4:35:34 PM
Lol what? P4A requires alot more spacing and fundamental knowledge to be decent in then Injustice. If the two below you seriously think xxxxxx is a legit combo and will get you damage in persona their opinions are invalid. Actual Persona combos are harder then the 40% bnbs.
---
The big H . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfxsN423EVs
#5Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 5/7/2013 4:35:52 PM
You'll be fine. P4A/Arksys games are much more strict with inputs. MK/Injustice are dial-a-combo games. Injustice also only has 3 attack buttons, so that alone makes it more accessible.
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX
#6PinkPikachuPosted 5/7/2013 4:36:48 PM
p4a doesn't have yukari in it :/
---
PSN:Tron_Carter
#7guedesbrawl(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 5:06:45 PM
oh, i know it won't be the same, i am expecting something like MK9 (i played twice, didn't fare well, since i couldn't train or anything.)
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#8melvinmelon123Posted 5/7/2013 5:39:29 PM
I think what most people have trouble with is the movement in this game. Coming from something like Persona it feels stiff and slow as mollasus, it's a different game style and takes some getting used to.

Combos are definitely easier in this game, you basically just mash out the string with no timing for the most part. In Persona you actually have to hit confirm into everything.

Spacing and pokes and also not nearly as hard as Persona, this game just isn't about footsies.

Now is it harder? I would say at a beginners level (very basic) that this game is harder, but Persona (and other Arcsys fighters) have a HUGE gap between low skill and high skill play. So I'd say that you are correct, but only for the very basic beginners, at higher level play Persona is harder.