How do you beat an Aquaman spammer?

#1LittleBigFan98Posted 5/9/2013 10:52:10 AM
Hello there, I just lost 5 matches in a row against a ''Ground Trident''/''Trident Spear'' spammer.
This are the things I tried:
A) Blocking
He keeped spamming and slowly taking away my health with cheap damage.
B) Jumping
He switched between said attacks in order to counter my jumps.
C) Spamming Projectiles
As soon as character stops the animation I get an unblockable ground trident.
D) Rushing in
Got comboed

I managed to win 6th match using as much pressure I could, but it was hell close to losing.
Thanks for support.
#2BlackViper415Posted 5/9/2013 11:01:33 AM(edited)
Ares is the answer to pretty much all spamming and zoning. His meter burn fireballs and teleports pretty much shut down everything projectile spammers and zoners have to offer. Teleport behind him while he's chucking something, punish him with a combo, throw a meter burn fireball for an easy 14% damage as they're getting up, rinse, repeat. Some stage interactables can help too.
---
I have never contributed anything useful to this board.
#3kikookPosted 5/9/2013 11:02:37 AM
Block then punish. He's not hard to beat, IMO.
#4LittleBigFan98(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 11:02:43 AM
BlackViper415 posted...
Ares is the answer to pretty much all spamming and zoning. His meter burn fireballs and teleports pretty much shut down everything projectile spammers and zoners have to offer. Teleport behind him while he's chucking something, punish him with a combo, throw a meter burn fireball for an easy 14% damage as they're getting up, rinse, repeat. Some stage interactables can help too.

Thanks for advise. Ares is my 2nd main so I should learn some combos and punish all zonners.
#5LittleBigFan98(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 11:04:09 AM
kikook posted...

The guy was pretty smart, when I blocked and attacked he blocked too and then punished me.
#6XdieXPosted 5/9/2013 11:05:40 AM
Zone
---
PSN: I_HATE_EVERYONE1
http://youtu.be/tNW3ItQOd7c <--- haha
#7TC9834Posted 5/9/2013 11:07:02 AM
LittleBigFan98 posted...
kikook posted...

The guy was pretty smart, when I blocked and attacked he blocked too and then punished me.

It sounds like he was a genuinely a good player. The only advice to beating that type of player is, getting better. Not trying to sound cynical, but, that's just the only way to beat someone who is actually better then you.
---
May the Force be with you, young Harry Potter
-Gandalf, portrayed by Patrick Stewart in the 2001 movie Halo
#8snicklecuckPosted 5/9/2013 11:08:08 AM
E) Stop sucking.
#9LittleBigFan98(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 11:33:25 AM
snicklecuck posted...
E) Stop sucking.

Rough way to say it, but thanks..
#10UninvitedPosted 5/9/2013 11:53:38 AM
Aquaman's overhead into trident-sweep etc etc air throw combo seems utterly safe on block. I play Catwoman and she seems to have nothing quick enough with enough range on it to punish that after successfully blocking it. Open to suggestions though!