Aquaman needs a nerf

#1Bestia_SomniaPosted 5/17/2013 4:15:25 AM
I don't give a damn how early it is in the game's life. Sometimes there are those characters who everyone just knows is going to be top tier and stay that way, like Vanilla SFIV Sagat.

Aquaman has; Ridiculous zoning capabilities, crazy mix-ups, great damage output, can punish thing easily, can soak up projectiles and his trait makes him untouchable, especially on the last round where he has a Clash to safe himself too.

Like what the **** do NRS expect a Joker player like myself to do? Joker barely has any combo potential outside of the teeth loops. All of my combos start from 3 grounded hits at the most, so Aquaman just slips out of them all. It's not fun playing such a one-sided match-up where I have to push my skills to the limit in a completely uphill battle whilst my opponent, who I can't combo, when he/she barely has to put any effort in to make me sweat. Aquaman makes me want to break my damn controller.

I don't care what the nerf is -- lower his damage output, increase his trait cooldown, ect.. Doesn't matter what, but he definitely needs a nerf in at least one area.
---
"Women!? Wutz a women? Iz it brand of serial? a herp to da derp..." - Masashi Kishimoto
#2lenmuttPosted 5/17/2013 4:16:38 AM
i thought they said no nerfing? did they go back on their word? o.O
#3RagingRicansPosted 5/17/2013 4:18:11 AM
Joker needs buff. Dont worry he will get them
---
PSN: RagingRicans. "There is always a little truth behind every "Kappa" - Fictional Hispanic man.
#4_Caker_Posted 5/17/2013 4:22:19 AM
Agreed. His trait should just be removed completely tbf. 10 Get-out-of-combo free cards per match is ridiculous. He shouldn't really have much zoning capability when his normals are so good either. But hey, NRS gonna NRS. They'll never bother patching it, so get used to it.
#5Kakashi_LawyerPosted 5/17/2013 4:33:50 AM(edited)
His trait cooldown time certainly need to be longer and they should of made it similar to Bane's Venom with a lower defensive penalty after escaping from a combo.

I don't see how anybody can justify his trait as it is right now, Aside from his trait maybe a few of his normals should be slightly slower.
#6ElectricFoxLexPosted 5/17/2013 4:26:38 AM
Aquaman doesn't give mw trouble. I just space him out with Black Adam and he can't do much. He can't even punish the divekick or the dash back after the divekick.
---
GamerTag: DetLex
Just a furry. Trying to find other furries.
#7RankorrPosted 5/17/2013 4:32:34 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
I don't give a damn how early it is in the game's life. Sometimes there are those characters who everyone just knows is going to be top tier and stay that way, like Vanilla SFIV Sagat.

Aquaman has; Ridiculous zoning capabilities, crazy mix-ups, great damage output, can punish thing easily, can soak up projectiles and his trait makes him untouchable, especially on the last round where he has a Clash to safe himself too.

Like what the **** do NRS expect a Joker player like myself to do? Joker barely has any combo potential outside of the teeth loops. All of my combos start from 3 grounded hits at the most, so Aquaman just slips out of them all. It's not fun playing such a one-sided match-up where I have to push my skills to the limit in a completely uphill battle whilst my opponent, who I can't combo, when he/she barely has to put any effort in to make me sweat. Aquaman makes me want to break my damn controller.

I don't care what the nerf is -- lower his damage output, increase his trait cooldown, ect.. Doesn't matter what, but he definitely needs a nerf in at least one area.

Ask for buffs, not nerfs!! A crappy character is still a crappy character if they nerf the rest to the ground.
#8Kakashi_LawyerPosted 5/17/2013 4:33:06 AM
lenmutt posted...

They already nerfed Doomsday, and Sinstero the game shipped out. I think they are just waiting instead of knee jerk patching like MK9 for now.
#9RankorrPosted 5/17/2013 4:34:27 AM
And I also blame everyone for picking on poor Aquaman. Why else would NRS make him so good? You KNOW there's an AM fan in the dev team! "Shove it, nerds!" Lol.

Also, did you ever think you'd have this topic in ANY game with AM in it? "Nerf Aquaman!!!" Lolol.
#10lenmuttPosted 5/17/2013 4:34:50 AM
Kakashi_Lawyer posted...
lenmutt posted...

They already nerfed Doomsday, and Sinstero the game shipped out. I think they are just waiting instead of knee jerk patching like MK9 for now.

i guess the fans were right then buffing everyone was too hard *sigh* oh well