IYO; Top 5 WORST special moves?

#1Bestia_SomniaPosted 5/19/2013 4:56:01 AM
These are my personal choices...

1) Joker's thrown laughing gas canister
Such slow start-up that it can't be used in any legit combos and is hopeless at keeping opponents pressured at range. It goes right over an average height opponent if he/she is stood too close, yet doesn't go full-screen either. The opponent has to be stood in a specific spot to get hit by it, just for mediocre damage. Despite landing on the opponent the canister only hits mid for some reason, so all he/she has to do is just keep crouching because they'll already be doing that at range against Joker's pistol and rolling canister anyway. There is literally no viable use for this move and it sometimes accidentally comes out whilst attacking out of a d/b crouch block.

2) Deathstroke's upward assault rifle
Clearly designed for anti-air purposes, yet has too much of a start-up to hit a jumping opponent on reaction. You'd have to predict that they were going to jump in advanced, but it's too much of a risk because if you guess wrong then the assault rifle is going to leave a massive window for the opponent to basically do whatever the hell he/she wants. Outside of maybe shooting down an air-camping Hawkgirl, no real viable use for this move when the jumping pistols can achieve the same thing with much less of a risk.

3) Green Lantern's turbine battering ram
Outside of using the airbourne version to quickly cover ground, there's not much use for the turbine. Even then it's too risky to use for travelling against some characters. The turbine has; terrible damage output, a useless meterburn version, risky start-up, ect.. The only way to safely land it would be in-combo, but it'd bring your combo to an end because the opponent would be knocked away, and with it's slow start-up and bad damage output you'd be better off only really using F3 and Lantern's Might as your combo enders.

4) Lobo's Shotgun
An unsafe projectile with terrible range and 3 pointless variations. The only one potentially with any use is the low gunshot whilst traited up because it pops up the opponent high enough for a combo follow-up, but Lobo's trait is so bad anyway that it's unlikely you'll ever get chance to land this. Any combo opportunites would be best spent going into his MB command grab for "DAT DAMAGE!".

5) Shazam's lightning bolt projectile
Bad start-up for duckable projectile. The MB version is a lot better because at least it does mad damage, isn't duckable and is awkward to jump with some characters, but why you'd ever waste meter on such a risk slow start-up projectile when Shazam needs it for his command grab is beyond me.
---
"Women!? Wutz a women? Iz it brand of serial? a herp to da derp..." - Masashi Kishimoto
#2jordyboy1000Posted 5/19/2013 5:15:09 AM
Ravens floor bounce grab- I can never AA with it.
Wonder woman's shield hit (df2) - your opponent has to be touching for it to work.
Green Lanterns far away double missile- easily dodged, small hitbox.
Cyborgs target acquired where he shoots 2 missiles- easily dodged, small hitbox.
Harley's cannon - really slow projectile, easily dodged
#3chaoshadouPosted 5/19/2013 5:22:13 AM
Lobo's Gun is is pretty safe, all versions of it, at -9 there's not all that much people are going to get off that can actively lead to much, especially with the pushback on the high and mid versions. Hell, the low version is 5 frames which is friggin fast, the high version is -1 and serves as a good deterrent to jump ins.

Jet turbine is good for moving about the screen at jump height, helping get past some annoying types of ground zoning and Supes air heat vision, it's also great for moving into position after a hard knockdown for some throw pressure and the meter burn version is safe and full screen. Not to mention the move itself when used from a great distance leaves you at nearly half screen from your opponent.

Shazam's mb burn version of his projectile is arguably worse than the normal version, you're essentially paying meter to make the move usable, but it can be beaten on reaction by almost everything else in the game, projectile wise I think the only only that's slower is GL's rocket power. You can actually have burned meter for it after a knockdown at full screen from his normal version, be almost through with the throwing animation, and Supes can literally activate his Super from full screen and still hit you before it comes out. The thing should be at least number 2 on this list.
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
http://www.facebook.com/OperationGoldenLand
#4Bestia_Somnia(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 5:23:09 AM
jordyboy1000 posted...
Wonder woman's shield hit (df2) - your opponent has to be touching for it to work.
Cyborgs target acquired where he shoots 2 missiles- easily dodged, small hitbox.

I actually forgot about Harley's cannonball and even GL's missiles, even though I use GL myself. Just shows how bad and forgettable the move is. lol
---
"Women!? Wutz a women? Iz it brand of serial? a herp to da derp..." - Masashi Kishimoto
#5CrabhammarPosted 5/19/2013 5:25:27 AM
jordyboy1000 posted...

4/5 of these are wrong
---
PSN: Bluechacho
#6chaoshadouPosted 5/19/2013 5:26:52 AM
jordyboy1000 posted...

This is a horrible list.
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
http://www.facebook.com/OperationGoldenLand
#7FlakconPosted 5/19/2013 5:44:08 AM(edited)
1. Joker's high canister
2. Joker's trait
3. Shazam's bolt
4. Flash's Speed dodge
This has it's uses but you have to be already predicting the opponent instead of reacting to it. It is doesn't have a 0 start-up. Kinda bad imo for a counter move. MB pushes people away but with lesser hitbox then AM's
5. I'm inclined to add Bane f1. Damn useless. Slow start-up, doesn't lead to anything for Bane's game.
---
PSN: theSkarekro
AE2012: Adon Sagat | Injustice: Nightwing Joker Flash
#8DaroDarkexPosted 5/19/2013 7:39:50 AM
In no particular order...

1) Shazam's Zeus bolt
2) Joker's trait
3) Shazam's Achilles Clutch(can never seem to hit with it)
4) Joker's thrown canister
5) Green Arrow's fire arrows(not bad per se, just outclassed by his other arrows)
#9Bestia_Somnia(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 7:43:28 AM
I don't really count traits as special moves.
---
#10refmonPosted 5/19/2013 7:51:51 AM
In no particular order...

1) Shazam's Zeus bolt
2) Joker's trait
3) Shazam's Achilles Clutch(can never seem to hit with it)
4) Joker's thrown canister
5) Green Arrow's fire arrows(not bad per se, just outclassed by his other arrows)

Shazams clutch works best in combos
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!