IYO; Top 5 WORST special moves?

#11Sony_7Posted 5/19/2013 7:02:50 AM
The ONE use I found for the canister. Do Joker's 212 combo and cancel into it(it's hit confirmable). More of an online tactic really, but people always seem to eat the tank on wake up and get blown up for an easy 21% combo after a meter burn (shoot them after the groundbounce). Move is still lacking, but that is a fun but gimmicky use for it.
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#12Haelion_Posted 5/19/2013 7:18:13 AM(edited)
No particular order.

1). Hawkgirls WE1
If this move has a purpose, I don't know what the hell it is. It wing evades back and throws a really high angle AA mace from an elevated position. The only thing I can think of that it would catch is a full screen full height air charge from Wonder Woman.

2). Joker's Laughing Gas (tossed)
It's fun to use an MB to screw with your opponent if they really don't know what to expect, but other than that it doesn't have much use due to the slow startup.

3). Wonder Woman's Air Down Tiara
It's -32 on block and -30 on hit for 7%. Seriously? I need to retest this because it might have been an input error, but I'm pretty sure it's punishable on hit by certain characters.

4) Lex Luthor's Up Lance Blast
Given that it is an AA, it isn't practical to charge... so you get a slow startup 3% AA projectile that's punishable by full combo if they stay grounded. Nice.

5. Cyborg's Up Nova Disruptor
Another move I don't see a purpose for. It's slow to startup and the hitbox is not that great because of the way he fires it, making it a pretty crappy AA. It's also not used in any combos since regular disruptor is safe and power fist does more damage.
---
GT- Haelion W
Justice League Member: Bernie Mac
#13Nintendo guyPosted 5/19/2013 7:59:31 AM
Killer Frost's Iceberg, IMO.

It's used as a combo ender/extender in her BnBs, but other than that it's almost totally useless. Whiffs if they're even slightly above the ground, has a ton of recovery, and doesn't even hit low. It's too risky to bother using as a zoning tool.
#14doomcrusaderPosted 5/19/2013 8:21:47 AM
Arrow's move where he shoots straight up in the air with 3 arrows.
---
http://i.imgur.com/tqMGw.png
http://i.imgur.com/IHbuM.jpg
#15jordyboy1000Posted 5/19/2013 8:33:13 AM
chaoshadou posted...
jordyboy1000 posted...
Ravens floor bounce grab- I can never AA with it.
Wonder woman's shield hit (df2) - your opponent has to be touching for it to work.
Green Lanterns far away double missile- easily dodged, small hitbox.
Cyborgs target acquired where he shoots 2 missiles- easily dodged, small hitbox.
Harley's cannon - really slow projectile, easily dodged

This is a horrible list.

Why? ;-;
#16KCJ5062Posted 5/19/2013 9:43:01 AM
DaroDarkex posted...
5) Green Arrow's fire arrows(not bad per se, just outclassed by his other arrows)

The fire arrows actually do the most damage.
#17Haelion_Posted 5/19/2013 9:59:52 AM
jordyboy1000 posted...
chaoshadou posted...
jordyboy1000 posted...
Wonder woman's shield hit (df2) - your opponent has to be touching for it to work.
Cyborgs target acquired where he shoots 2 missiles- easily dodged, small hitbox.

This is a horrible list.

Why? ;-;

Raven's grabs have a low vertical hitbox, so that's the issue with AA. They're still very good moves.

Wonder Woman's DF3 ends a bunch of her better corner combos.

Green Lantern's double missile is sketchy, I suppose.

Cyborg's target acquired is meant to make them move or be set up after a knockdown, it's very good in the right hands. It also leads to a combo.

Harley's cannon may be slow, but that's the point. When fully charged, it's unblockable, and even at 3/4 charge it hits overhead and moves slowly to allow for control of space. The MB version can also set up some really ambiguous high/lows at certain ranges with silly slide into tantrum stance backed up by pop pop.

I wouldn't go saying it's a bad list myself since it's just your personal opinion, but a lot of people consider most of these to be far from the worst. Maybe not all good, but not useless like some others.
---
GT- Haelion W
Justice League Member: Bernie Mac
#18jordyboy1000Posted 5/19/2013 10:05:05 AM
Haelion_ posted...
jordyboy1000 posted...
chaoshadou posted...
jordyboy1000 posted...

This is a horrible list.

Why? ;-;

Raven's grabs have a low vertical hitbox, so that's the issue with AA. They're still very good moves.

Wonder Woman's DF3 ends a bunch of her better corner combos.

Green Lantern's double missile is sketchy, I suppose.

Cyborg's target acquired is meant to make them move or be set up after a knockdown, it's very good in the right hands. It also leads to a combo.

Harley's cannon may be slow, but that's the point. When fully charged, it's unblockable, and even at 3/4 charge it hits overhead and moves slowly to allow for control of space. The MB version can also set up some really ambiguous high/lows at certain ranges with silly slide into tantrum stance backed up by pop pop.

I wouldn't go saying it's a bad list myself since it's just your personal opinion, but a lot of people consider most of these to be far from the worst. Maybe not all good, but not useless like some others.

Thanks ^^., I'm sure there are worse moves I just can't use these ones efficiently in comparison to others; I guess "bad" moves are subjective.
#19WT_NeptunePosted 5/20/2013 2:58:12 AM
Shazam's projectile always sets me up to get hit by his overhead tackle. Not useless. I always pray my opponent is to vapid to mix these two moves up.
---
Scan editor, Tournament frequenter, liker of water-related-type-stuff.
Shamelessly turtling as Grundy erryday!