Why patch/nerf/buff/etc?

#21BlitzPanther(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 3:30:09 PM(edited)
landsharkx619 posted...
Saying the casual gamer isn't important is extremely ignorant, if you worked in a game company trying to rack up sales and for future sales you want the casual gamer to enjoy your games or people will be turned off by buying future releases. It's simple business and I'm sure they want people to enjoy the game I would do the same thing not everything is perfect at release and that's obvious everytime a fighting game is released.
---

Yes, I understand this. Though on the other hand the most casuals don't play the game after three months.

It's also hilarious to me that "casuals" are the ones to complain. Prolly the one's that lack a competitive drive and sucked at sports in highschool; yes I'm generalizing.

I hate the casual mentality that you can walk into a new fighter and go to toe to toe with anyone and everyone.
---
BlitzPanther died with the PS2
PSN: BLITZPANTHERII
#22landsharkx619Posted 5/20/2013 3:27:30 PM
It's the never ending cycle of the fgc
---
---
-Landshark, the reason you're afraid to go alone Pokemon Black 2 FC: 3225-3449-6463
#23Kakashi_LawyerPosted 5/20/2013 3:35:25 PM(edited)
Sony_7 posted...
Sentinel nerfed beyond use? Right, that's why he's one the more used and consistently high placing characters in UMVC3 (well, there's a huge gap between him and the top tiers but that's to be expected) . Sentinel gets more use and better tournament results than C.Viper does and she's considered high tier.

Sentinel has an amazing assist, great DHC options, and a serviceable zoning and X-Factor game. Having the most health in the game was a little bit overkill on an already great support character. And don't tell me health is unimportant, health pretty much forces your opponent to spend more meter which is crucial in mvc3. Maybe the health nerf was unnecessarily large, but having 1.3 mil health was way to much.

As of now Sent is around upper mid tier and that isn't bad at all. The people whining about him were overreacting.

The real problem with balancing Sentinel is that they didn't balance anyone else along with him. It IS bull crap that he takes a health nerf while even better characters were left untouched.

*ding* *ding* *ding*

Sentinel is more viable than half the cast in that game. Sentinel isn't used even more often is because he has been outdone as a support character. His health isn't the problem the far better assist characters such as Doctor Doom taking his place on teams and Morrigan destroying him for free.
#24BlitzPanther(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 8:16:57 PM
bump
---
#25BlitzPanther(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 8:45:21 AM
bump
so apparently Strokes was nerfed into oblivion just cuz "casuals" can't block and dash lol.
---