What do you all think of DCs movies all being standalone?

#1PrismsbladePosted 6/15/2013 11:35:44 PM
Its recently been confirmed that their films will all be standalone, so no film will tie into one another.

I think this was a great idea, because nobodys gonna ask where the deus ex machina organization shield are throughout the entire film('cough' iron man 3). Or in DCs case the justice league, so figuring out how to write them out of the story, or ignore them entirely will be a non issue.

This also helps differentiate DCs style of film making from marvel.
---
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
#2Catalyst_blackPosted 6/15/2013 11:51:08 PM
Where'd you hear that? I've only heard that the Man of Steel movie is for sure not tied into The Dark Knight Trilogy, and that since Green Lantern bombed nothings going to be affiliated with it. Doesn't mean future films can't tie into Man of Steel, though.
---
PSN ID - Catalyst_Black
360 GT - Frostbite455931
#3kikookPosted 6/16/2013 1:55:07 AM
Prismsblade posted...
Its recently been confirmed that their films will all be standalone, so no film will tie into one another.

I think this was a great idea, because nobodys gonna ask where the deus ex machina organization shield are throughout the entire film('cough' iron man 3). Or in DCs case the justice league, so figuring out how to write them out of the story, or ignore them entirely will be a non issue.

This also helps differentiate DCs style of film making from marvel.

Do you know why Marvel became so popular in the comic industry? Because what happened in Spider-man effected the Fantastic 4 and Daredevil and so on. It's a horrible idea to not intertwine the movies because it makes watching them relevant. If they made a Justice League right now, it wouldn't be as immersive as the Avengers because none of the previous movies mattered. That's one of the reasons Avengers was a fanboys paradise. You saw Ironman, Captain America, Thor, ect..knowing they were going to make an Avengers movie that connected all the films and made it worth the wait.

Ironman 3 didn't contain a deus ex machina considering it was established well before the ending on what was happening to who and why it happened (trying to be as vague as possible on the ending). While, like other Ironman movies, it ended quickly, the first movie had more of a deus ex machina than the third one.
---
Bumbleness Supreme Brady.
#4SelitePosted 6/16/2013 6:53:32 AM
So Justice League will be a bunch of random actors?
---
I'd rather spend my life close to the birds than waste it wishing I had wings.
Also: http://www.youtube.com/user/selite?feature=mhee
#5Sipher360Posted 6/21/2013 3:15:24 PM
Seriously....only in the comic book world can Superman and Batman coexist. It's a hard sell for a real world movie. Especially Nolan's Batman who spent a grand total of 3 years as Batman before becoming a gray haired crippled guy....
---
"Ahk and them never did nothing to me....terrorism is when you hang a * from a tree..." -Grand Puba Maxwell
#6Sony_7Posted 6/21/2013 3:23:33 PM
Heroes that could stand alone:
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Flash

Heroes that can't stand alone:
MMH
Hawkgirl
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#7ajbit19Posted 6/21/2013 3:46:30 PM
I'm more concerned with if they would try and make one that didn't have Nolan's grimdark "realism" all over it.
---
Al Bundy married for your sins.
#8MasterFoxCheif3Posted 6/21/2013 3:50:15 PM
Sony_7 posted...
Heroes that could stand alone:
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Flash

Heroes that can't stand alone:
MMH
Hawkgirl

Why does everyone forget about Aquadude? *snickers*
---
http://3image.com/images/2013/06/21/Bron_umad.gif
#9CLupulaPosted 6/22/2013 12:02:41 AM(edited)
If they keep them as standalones, then they're incredibly stupid. I would like to see just where this "confirmation" comes from, though, TC. Please provide a link, because I've read interviews just think week that say the opposite.
#10SpurnerPosted 6/22/2013 12:07:47 AM
If Thor can carry a movie, any member of the Justice League can carry a movie.

...as it turned out, I actually liked Thor.