What do you all think of DCs movies all being standalone?

#41Captain_Sexy_TPosted 6/25/2013 3:16:07 PM
Batman got his "powers" from blue steroids?
---
PSN: Rectal_Fungi --------- Origin: Cpt_Mustache
Youtube.com/AngryJT <----- Injustice Videos!
#42theonedalekPosted 6/25/2013 3:18:24 PM
Captain_Sexy_T posted...
Batman got his "powers" from blue steroids?

Both Batman and Captain America are peak human. Cap got by virtue of syrum whil Bruce got there the old fashiond way.
#43thedarklordx3Posted 6/25/2013 4:59:52 PM(edited)
Blahzie posted...
Spurner posted...
^ If I'm reading this right, you are complaining about superheroes having superpowers.

Nope. Complaining that some superheroes (e.g. most of DC) have powers that quite frankly are much better suited to animated media than to live action.

I understand where you're coming from, I'm a big realism fan

a lot of the things that make a lot of superheroes work would be stupid on the big screen

try to imagine wonder woman's invisible plane or lasso of truth or aquaman using his powers without animation not looking stupid

that's why nolan went for grim dark realism, otherwise you get the bat credit card and shark repellant spray with s***ty and stupid looking costumes

basically, there's plausibly unrealistic and then there's f***ing bulls***

the difference is that, superman's speed, strength, stamina, super breath and invulnerability coming from krypton being like 10x or 100x bigger than earth is semi-plausible

more or less any of his powers having anything to do with the sun does not(unless they said that the yellow sun(and the sun in general) has a more pronounced positive effect on kryptonians)
---
League of Legends IGN: devilkingx - add me and play with me
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
#44thedarklordx3Posted 6/25/2013 4:56:55 PM
ScrappyDingo posted...
To be honest, I think the whole Marvel movie popularity is basically carried by Iron Man and RDJ as Iron Man.

Iron Man is the most believable of the Marvel main heroes (basically being a normal man in a battlesuit) just like Batman is the most believable of the DC heroes. That's is a big reason why both movie franchises were hits. It's also the reason why they rushed out three Iron Man movies since 2008 and the Avengers. Iron Man carries the Marvel movie franchise even more than Spiderman.

DC's problem is that most of their heroes are from the old, old days when people expected their heroes to be gods. Most of the popular Marvel heroes are from a somewhat newer generation where heroes are flawed human beings first and superheroes second. Captain America is hard to hold interest in because he's basically a god as well, ie super powers, pretty much invincible, usually portrayed as not really having any failings. He's the Marvel version of Superman in a way.

Let's face it, though - with RDJ pulling off a believable Tony Stark so well and Iron Man being a human in a battlesuit the Avengers franchise wouldn't nearly have been the hit it was. There is a reason why they started out with Iron Man and made three Iron Man movies and only one Hulk (let's forget that horrible one from before), one Captain America, and are just now getting to a second Thor movie.

there was an entire series on youtube about how spiderman is plausible(not how he got what he got or him getting them all at once from the same thing, or how they are assumed to work but the powers themselves... as in the strength isn't infeasible the logic doesn't make sense though because spiders have it from the square cubes law)
---
League of Legends IGN: devilkingx - add me and play with me
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
#45Bushido20Posted 6/25/2013 7:06:19 PM
They could do stand alone movies but they would need cameos. Even if it's only one scene. I would cream my pants if I saw WW help out in one scene of MOS 2.
---
"It's called Xbox One because it took 359 steps backwards!"
#46AnonymousFriendPosted 6/25/2013 7:33:28 PM
Now people are just spewing nonsense. How are invisible planes implausible? We've had non-super hero movies with invisible car, plains, jets, and last year a semi-invisible flying aircraft carrier. Heck, if you can watch a Harry Potter, he had both an invisible thing and a truth/submission thing. Just say that the Wonder Woman stuff if from the greek gods, like Clash/Wrath of the Titans or Immortals.

If your standard action movie fan finds standard super hero powers, like super speed, super strength, flight, shapeand such, implausible, it's a wonder the X-men movies were popular ten years ago with their crazy power.
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
#47Bry2615Posted 6/25/2013 10:05:02 PM(edited)
Dc is having trouble as it is. One of the main guys quit and he brought in Nolan and zack. Those guys are loyal so dc might lose Nolan, zack, Ben (guy who directed Argo, can't spell his last name), and a few other creative guys. If they do leave dc will b crippled.
---
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/1914/khgfwp2.png
#48ajbit19Posted 6/25/2013 11:25:42 PM
thedarklordx3 posted...
Blahzie posted...
Spurner posted...
^ If I'm reading this right, you are complaining about superheroes having superpowers.

Nope. Complaining that some superheroes (e.g. most of DC) have powers that quite frankly are much better suited to animated media than to live action.

I understand where you're coming from, I'm a big realism fan

a lot of the things that make a lot of superheroes work would be stupid on the big screen

try to imagine wonder woman's invisible plane or lasso of truth or aquaman using his powers without animation not looking stupid

that's why nolan went for grim dark realism, otherwise you get the bat credit card and shark repellant spray with s***ty and stupid looking costumes

basically, there's plausibly unrealistic and then there's f***ing bulls***

the difference is that, superman's speed, strength, stamina, super breath and invulnerability coming from krypton being like 10x or 100x bigger than earth is semi-plausible

more or less any of his powers having anything to do with the sun does not(unless they said that the yellow sun(and the sun in general) has a more pronounced positive effect on kryptonians)

There were a ton of things wrong with Batman & Robin, not being realistic enough weren't it.
---
Al Bundy married for your sins.
#49AnonymousFriendPosted 6/26/2013 2:27:45 PM
What is it with people wanting realism in a super hero movie? He's called the AMAZING Spider-man, INCREDIBLE Hulk, INVINCIBLE Ironman, and MIGHTY Thor. They are called the FANTASTIC Four, UNCANNY X-men, and Earth's MIGHTIEST Heroes. They're supposed to be larger than life and instill awe. SUPERman. WONDER Woman.

Batman is a non-powered man who spends his nights beating criminals (and super-powered fiends) to a pulp. That's not what we got got in Nolan's films. And that's why Man of Steel was a better super hero movie than the Dark Knight series combined. It's why the X-men films, Spider-man films, and Marvel Cinematic Universe are better received. And if you have a problem with that, then stop watching movies based on comic books.
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend