Most downplayed character in your opinion

#1Sony_7Posted 6/16/2013 6:49:54 PM
In every fighting game, there's always that one character that's so good yet everyone underestimates. For me though, it's got to be a character people already say is good, but no one thinks is THAT great.

I'm talking about Black Adam. Man, this guy. He's so powerful in almost every conceivable level, but everyone says because he has no low game, he can't be that good. But his positives are too tremendous to ignore.

-He is by far the most mobile character in the game.
-Top 5 damage potential.
-Excellent zoning.
-Free damage trait.
-Godlike wake up attack that can lead into 40%+ damage combos.

To me it seems baffling how underrated he is. What about you guys? I know a lot of people are sick of the Flash underrating...
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#2TheRandalGravesPosted 6/16/2013 6:55:28 PM
Black Adam, for sure. Most people think he's a lower tier character, but he's a straight beast. My Win-Lose ratio has GREATLY increased since I started using him. People sleep on him and it's a shame.
#3KeJo6Posted 6/16/2013 6:56:26 PM
I've seen a lot of Killer Frost players downplay her, usually "you can jump backwards, making her slide useless"

however I've also seen Killer Frost mainers talk about how completely braindead and OP she is, and not drop her because play to win.
---
Do not delude yourself, wretched fool!
PSN: KeJo13
#4Haelion_Posted 6/16/2013 7:06:15 PM(edited)
Sony_7 posted...
In every fighting game, there's always that one character that's so good yet everyone underestimates. For me though, it's got to be a character people already say is good, but no one thinks is THAT great.

I'm talking about Black Adam. Man, this guy. He's so powerful in almost every conceivable level, but everyone says because he has no low game, he can't be that good. But his positives are too tremendous to ignore.

-He is by far the most mobile character in the game.
-Top 5 damage potential.
-Excellent zoning.
-Free damage trait.
-Godlike wake up attack that can lead into 40%+ damage combos.

To me it seems baffling how underrated he is. What about you guys? I know a lot of people are sick of the Flash underrating...

I don't think "downplayed" was the word you were looking for in the title. "Underrated" would have probably been better if you clarified that he was even better than the average person thinking he was good.

Downplaying sort of implies that people playing the character are insisting the character isn't as good as everyone thinks they are, and I'd say that out of the top 5-6 Black Adam is probably the least downplayed since pretty much everyone who plays him freely admits he belongs there.

So the most downplayed character and most underrated character can be completely different.
---
GT- Haelion W
Justice League Member: Bernie Mac
#5dantedeschain13Posted 6/16/2013 7:07:34 PM
Maybe Nightwing for underrated? He's got some absurd combo potential, don't hear a lot about him. Would say Green Arrow or Ares, but tournament guys have shown otherwise
#6Sony_7(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 7:08:33 PM
I guess. People who don't play him tend to be the ones to underrate him so you're right.

People who play KF though... THOSE are the downplayers.
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#7zaccman922Posted 6/16/2013 7:31:57 PM
TheRandalGraves posted...
Black Adam, for sure. Most people think he's a lower tier character, but he's a straight beast. My Win-Lose ratio has GREATLY increased since I started using him. People sleep on him and it's a shame.

Pretty sure no one thinks he's low tier. Just about everyone says he's top tier.
#8gamerguy1050Posted 6/16/2013 8:23:01 PM
I'm gonna go with flash. He seems really high execution but I can see pro players being able to tear people up with that low combo starter D12. He just isn't a character you can jump around with

I wanna throw this out there too but I think scorpion is overrated. In MK9 noobs did good with him jump around Randomely for the first while then he ended up being barely compentetive. And in this game his combos have really low damage you practically need to get smacked by teleports and hellfire the whole game to lose
---
youtube.com/seanisbeast
#9gamerguy1050Posted 6/16/2013 8:25:54 PM
I could be wrong about both those things but just sum observations lol
---
youtube.com/seanisbeast
#10OfficeChairPosted 6/16/2013 9:10:49 PM
Deathstroke. He zones out most of the cast and has respectable starters and punishes. He's safe if you're smart. Can't complain about his damage either.
---
this topic is ruined
[i really hate classic rock]