So I finally saw Man of Steel....

#1badjab326Posted 6/25/2013 11:58:35 PM
I was pretty disappointed, Superman is still a lame hero.

Anyway, hit me with all the cool easter eggs and stuff I may have missed. Also the new jokes would be nice.

So far I noticed the LexCorp truck and the fact that Morpheus finally found The One.
---
TTT2-Bruce & Bryan; UMvC3-Frank/Deadpool/Nems; MK9-Reptile; Injustice-Joker
#2SideburnGuruPosted 6/26/2013 12:07:40 AM
"Superman is a lame hero."
Let me fix that.
"I think Superman is a lame hero. I'm not gonna tell you WHY I think he is, but he just is."
---
PSN: RandomJD
Biggest Lobo fanboy? Possibly. Biggest DBZ/Goku hater? Most likely.
#3badjab326(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 12:34:14 AM
SideburnGuru posted...
Let me fix that.
"I think Superman is a lame hero. I'm not gonna tell you WHY I think he is, but he just is."

Do you really wanna know why? Honestly I was just asking for things I may have missed in the movie. I didn't plan to vent all of my distaste for the character, but if you'd like to know my reasoning I'd be more than happy to share it.
---
TTT2-Bruce & Bryan; UMvC3-Frank/Deadpool/Nems; MK9-Reptile; Injustice-Joker
#4sithgod513Posted 6/26/2013 4:28:08 AM
I loved the movie, I dont get all the hate for it, or for superman in general but what ever floats that boat of yours.
---
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
#5MonkeyTeethPosted 6/26/2013 4:37:15 AM
So you went to see Guy Getting Knocked Through A Building The Movie?

And while I agree with you that the flick wasn't that great, why on earth would you go see a movie about a superhero you think is lame?! Who does that?

"Boy, Superman sure is a crap character. I think I'll spend my hard-earned money to watch a two and a half hour long movie about him."
---
STEVE HOLT!
#6ConradimusPrimePosted 6/26/2013 4:48:13 AM
I don't understand why people are making fun of it being "guy getting knocked through buildings" when that's pretty much EXACTLY what people had been clamoring for since the "super strong guy doesn't hit anything" movie
Comic book fans, superman fans in particular, seem to never be pleased

I liked the film quite a bit, for the record
#7theonedalekPosted 6/26/2013 5:34:57 AM
badjab326 posted...
SideburnGuru posted...
Let me fix that.

Do you really wanna know why? Honestly I was just asking for things I may have missed in the movie. I didn't plan to vent all of my distaste for the character, but if you'd like to know my reasoning I'd be more than happy to share it.

Why do people allways state there opinions on subjective topics as if there indisputable facts?
#8ShadowWalker777Posted 6/26/2013 6:22:04 AM
I loved that film and I think people were expecting a Superman from the comics story, but this is more like an epic Elseworlds story really...
---
IM BANE, YES THAT'S MY NAME,
IF YOU SAY IT TOO MUCH IT BECOMES A PAIN!
#9KCJ5062Posted 6/26/2013 6:24:24 AM(edited)
sithgod513 posted...
I loved the movie, I dont get all the hate for it, or for superman in general but what ever floats that boat of yours.

It's mostly critics that didn't like it very much whereas fans and the audience loved it. Critics for the most part wanted it to be like Superman and Superman 2(which is why they liked Superman Returns). And they keep comparing MOS to those films instead of judging it on it's on merit.

If you go to Rotten Tomatoes it has a much higher percentage of audiences liking it than critics. While only 56% of critics like it 82% of audiences (that voted) liked it. Compared to Superman Returns where 75% of critics liked it but only 67% of audiences liked it.
#10squirrel_boyPosted 6/26/2013 6:48:27 AM
ConradimusPrime posted...
I don't understand why people are making fun of it being "guy getting knocked through buildings" when that's pretty much EXACTLY what people had been clamoring for since the "super strong guy doesn't hit anything" movie
Comic book fans, superman fans in particular, seem to never be pleased

I liked the film quite a bit, for the record

Yeah really, i was glad to see a Superman movie where someone actually threw a punch. A Superman movie should be action packed, especially when it's a bunch of kryptonians facing off.