I need tips on when to tech throws.

#1zaccman922Posted 7/13/2013 2:53:06 PM
This is something I've been struggling with a lot. I can't seem to see when a throw is coming so I'm never sure when to counter it. Does any one have any tips for getting better at teching throws?
#2zaccman922(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 5:10:12 PM
bump
#3tom20_05Posted 7/14/2013 12:45:55 AM
Practice mode, set the opponent to throw, keep practicing.
#4BluBlue4Posted 7/14/2013 1:46:07 AM
I should get on this too. Thanks guy above.
---
There is this guy called Evil Cole. Throughtout his entire life he deals with morals and karma. He's a standup individual - Davidgrayman
#5ImDyinSquirtlePosted 7/14/2013 2:05:31 AM
tom20_05 posted...

This doesn't really help, because it assumes your opponent does nothing but throw over and over

Teching throws basically requires predicting when your opponent will do it, but every opponent is different so there's no set way to expect them
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#6Stev019Posted 7/14/2013 2:14:32 AM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
tom20_05 posted...

This doesn't really help, because it assumes your opponent does nothing but throw over and over

Teching throws basically requires predicting when your opponent will do it, but every opponent is different so there's no set way to expect them

Learning the timing is fine in Practice though. TC sounds like they just want to get the timing down. As for when the opponent is actually going to throw you, that's only learned by playing people.
---
Who cares about all the blood when there's pickled babies?
#7tom20_05Posted 7/14/2013 2:14:46 AM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
but every opponent is different so there's no set way to expect them

Exactly, which is why you practice them on different characters, you'll know the animation of their throw and over time it will just be instinct to break the throw when you see it.