Superman, Black Adam, Batman, Green Lantern...

#11MashYouGoodPosted 7/13/2013 8:29:48 PM
Injustice finals for the next few years: Hopeman Vs Normalman
#12krammaiiPosted 7/13/2013 8:44:03 PM
The game is relatively new, but yeah, this number of characters used is disappointing. I get hyped when I see Raven or Grundy. Hopefully by next year people will branch out.
---
Xbox - krammaii
PSN - marktron
#13BlackViper415Posted 7/13/2013 8:46:36 PM
Trust me, it will be all Banes next year. The only reason he's not in EVO this year is it's too early in the game's life for them to know anything of strength.
---
I have never contributed anything useful to this board.
#14FurryyifferPosted 7/13/2013 8:56:48 PM
Sony_7 posted...
Furryyiffer posted...
Dont most fighting games at high level basically boil down to using the higher tier characters most of the time anyway? There's very few fighters I know of where most of the cast is used at EVO level play.

Street Fighter, SFxT, Tekken, Melee, and KOF get diverse tournament play.

Havent seen SFxT's this year but last years was a lot of Ryu from what was shown. Melee from what Ive seen has maybe a handful of characters being used as well :/
---
Ryuho, Playing Tales of Graces F
Forever in my heart.
#15DarthMummyPosted 7/13/2013 9:00:06 PM
This makes me angry. I honestly think NRS picks favorites when it comes to balancing.
---
PSN: DarthMummy
#16xhominidPosted 7/13/2013 10:31:11 PM
Spider5800 posted...
MvC2 survived for years with only about 7 viable characters in an even larger roster. I expect UMvC3 to be swamped with Doom, Morrigan, Virgil and possibly Zero players. SSBM will almost certainly be won by a Fox or Falco player.

*Sigh*
The main reason MvC2 had so much longevity is mainly because there wasn't as much saturation as it is now, combined with how creative you can make the teams and even the non-God tier characters STILL had some use as Assists.
UMvC3, on the other hand, does NOT have that. The Top Tier characters not only are good point characters, but also great assists as well. There's very little incentive to actually try and learn since the Top Tier has a complete stranglehold on the game as a result.
That's the honest truth and why people are slowly getting tired of UMvC3 compared to KOFXIII, Injustice, Melee and Skullgirls.

And by the by, Fox or Falco may be the best characters, but they still need ALOT of skill to pull off even the bare basics of what they can do, unlike UMvC3.
---
When you're Minato it means putting them both doggy style, putting seals on their asses and teleport-popping them like a beast. -NaughtyGhost
#17FurryyifferPosted 7/13/2013 10:42:22 PM
xhominid posted...
Spider5800 posted...
MvC2 survived for years with only about 7 viable characters in an even larger roster. I expect UMvC3 to be swamped with Doom, Morrigan, Virgil and possibly Zero players. SSBM will almost certainly be won by a Fox or Falco player.

*Sigh*
The main reason MvC2 had so much longevity is mainly because there wasn't as much saturation as it is now, combined with how creative you can make the teams and even the non-God tier characters STILL had some use as Assists.
UMvC3, on the other hand, does NOT have that. The Top Tier characters not only are good point characters, but also great assists as well. There's very little incentive to actually try and learn since the Top Tier has a complete stranglehold on the game as a result.
That's the honest truth and why people are slowly getting tired of UMvC3 compared to KOFXIII, Injustice, Melee and Skullgirls.

And by the by, Fox or Falco may be the best characters, but they still need ALOT of skill to pull off even the bare basics of what they can do, unlike UMvC3.

Id rather have UMvC3 with most of its roster viable over MvC2 where the god tier strangled every other character into either assist tier or complete uselessness. :/
---
Ryuho, Playing Tales of Graces F
Forever in my heart.
#18chaoshadouPosted 7/13/2013 10:58:34 PM
xhominid posted...
Spider5800 posted...

*Sigh*

What? Zero's assists suck, he's relegated to a point character(maybe a second), the same with Morrigan, Viper, and Wolverine. Hell Doom and Vergil are the ones in top tier that I can think that fit that all encompassing category, and even then Vergil still makes a better second and anchor than a point.
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
http://www.facebook.com/OperationGoldenLand
#19xhominidPosted 7/13/2013 11:27:46 PM
chaoshadou posted...
What? Zero's assists suck, he's relegated to a point character(maybe a second), the same with Morrigan, Viper, and Wolverine. Hell Doom and Vergil are the ones in top tier that I can think that fit that all encompassing category, and even then Vergil still makes a better second and anchor than a point.

Zero is mainly top due to how easy he can lock you.
Dante, Wesker and Wolverine are far more well rounded characters than Zero is in that department. He's the only real exception to the Top Tiers.
---
When you're Minato it means putting them both doggy style, putting seals on their asses and teleport-popping them like a beast. -NaughtyGhost
#20chaoshadouPosted 7/13/2013 11:43:57 PM(edited)
xhominid posted...
chaoshadou posted...

Zero is mainly top due to how easy he can lock you.
Dante, Wesker and Wolverine are far more well rounded characters than Zero is in that department. He's the only real exception to the Top Tiers.

Neither Dante nor Wesker are top tier, and Wolverine is pretty much the same as Zero, point character only. Should also mention that I forgot Mags as an all round character.
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
http://www.facebook.com/OperationGoldenLand