I can't take it anymore, Dat Batman J2 :(

#1Mstar14Posted 8/26/2013 5:34:08 PM
I'm a decent player (well at least I think I am) but I just can't deal with the hit box of that cross up kick. Played 3 different Batmans today, 2 of the guys I played couldn't beat me with anyone else apart from Batman.

The last guy refused to use a different character and he beat me 5 times in a row. The 6 game he decided to use GL but he couldn't touch me as I completely shut him down with Cyborg but he rage quit before I could win (typical injustice community).

D2 hardly ever works on that move, it's just too quick sometimes. I even used Grundys D2 and still couldn't reach that flying rat.

I've come to the conclusion that Batman is just the most brain dead character in the game, worse than Supez and GL by far. At least when I play a good GL and Supez I stand a chance. The only character I can even use against Batman is Deathstroke but if its against a Batman pro I'll still probably lose. Funniest part of all is that without J2 I would win so easily, that's how OP that move is.

I can block the J2 and dash underneath is most of the time but I can't keep that up the entire match so I just prolong the inevitable. Sorry, just needed to rant because Batman players make me cry, I hope NRS nerfs the crap out of that stupid hit box.
#2Abe828Posted 8/26/2013 6:09:49 PM
Cyborg has one of the worst d2 and think about the trouble he had trying to get in on your annoying zoning
#39000dirtyfartsPosted 8/26/2013 6:14:13 PM
Trouble with Batman? Pick Black Adam+Back Dash spam=free hate mail.
---
Don't call it a grave, its the fate you chose.
#4OfficeChairPosted 8/26/2013 6:16:06 PM
stop relying on d2. it's been buffed but generally it's still garbage and most good characters have better options. the best thing to do is just block it (yes, learn to block crossups) and then do a quick attack. if you're character doesn't have quick ground attacks that can come out first on the ground then do a neutral jump attack with air-to-air. anyways, crouching and pounding 2 never leads to becoming a skilled player.
---
You have failed this city
#5DynastyZero99Posted 8/26/2013 6:35:08 PM
Mstar14 posted...
I'm a decent player (well at least I think I am) but I just can't deal with the hit box of that cross up kick. Played 3 different Batmans today, 2 of the guys I played couldn't beat me with anyone else apart from Batman.

The last guy refused to use a different character and he beat me 5 times in a row. The 6 game he decided to use GL but he couldn't touch me as I completely shut him down with Cyborg but he rage quit before I could win (typical injustice community).

D2 hardly ever works on that move, it's just too quick sometimes. I even used Grundys D2 and still couldn't reach that flying rat.

I've come to the conclusion that Batman is just the most brain dead character in the game, worse than Supez and GL by far. At least when I play a good GL and Supez I stand a chance. The only character I can even use against Batman is Deathstroke but if its against a Batman pro I'll still probably lose. Funniest part of all is that without J2 I would win so easily, that's how OP that move is.

I can block the J2 and dash underneath is most of the time but I can't keep that up the entire match so I just prolong the inevitable. Sorry, just needed to rant because Batman players make me cry, I hope NRS nerfs the crap out of that stupid hit box.

im glad my boy cyborg is getting used more often. i main him too lol. but im not the nova blast spamming type.
---
"Some motherf****** are always trying to ice skate uphill." - Blade
#6zoofsPosted 8/26/2013 7:30:11 PM
op obviously doesn't know how to block crossups.
#7Mstar14(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 7:47:05 PM
zoofs posted...

I can block them most times, but sometimes they're too unpredictable that I can't tell which side he's going to land on so I end up blocking the wrong way. Either way that hitbox is disgustingly ridiculous.
#8TC9834Posted 8/26/2013 7:53:05 PM
Mstar14 posted...
zoofs posted...

I can block them most times, but sometimes they're too unpredictable that I can't tell which side he's going to land on so I end up blocking the wrong way. Either way that hitbox is disgustingly ridiculous.

You have to learn the spacings. Go into practice mode, and pick batman. See from which distance if you j2 in, does it crossup.

It maybe better to see what his hard knock downs are, and see if he j2 from there, does it cross up or does he have to walk forward a bit.? Once you know the spacing, you can tell in a match if he is going for a j2 cross over.
---
Victory does not just mean that I must succeed, but that others must fail
#91TruKingPosted 8/27/2013 12:11:39 AM
TC9834 posted...
Mstar14 posted...
zoofs posted...

You have to learn the spacings. Go into practice mode, and pick batman. See from which distance if you j2 in, does it crossup.

It maybe better to see what his hard knock downs are, and see if he j2 from there, does it cross up or does he have to walk forward a bit.? Once you know the spacing, you can tell in a match if he is going for a j2 cross over.

Thats only useful against bad batmans. Most good batmans release bats during the cross up making it ambiguous not because you can't tell whether the j2 will cross up and in fact know it will but the bats can hit you before he crosses over and after forcing you to change your blocking since its not a block string.

Grundy beats j2 with aa grab not d2. His d2 is highly overrated.
---
Build a man a fire and he's warm for hours. Light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life
#10Millsy800Posted 8/27/2013 2:10:11 AM
If they just spam j2 pick doomsday and abuse his air grab, MB it and dash into neutral body splash for wake up reversal shenanigans