Who Deserves It Most? (DLC Characters)

#1JAD2020Posted 9/2/2013 10:11:40 PM
No doubt they're gonna add at least 2 more DLCs. Don't believe me stubborn people??

http://www.shacknews.com/article/69379/freddy-kruger-is-mortal-kombats-final-dlc

(Notice how NRS actually announced who the FINAL character is?.. Where was Zatanna's annoucement? More DLCs are on the way...)

Anyway, with no biased remarks... ALL FAIRNESS, I'm gonna compare top most requested DLC characters. POSITIVES & NEGATIVES

- RED HOOD (Vigilante--Looks better on Hero Side):
Pros - Skilled combatant with blades and guns. Multiple ninja-like gadgets (shurikens, daggers, smoke pellets, explosive pellets). History with multiple Batman characters for interesting Clash Dialogues.

Cons - Skills, and accessories very similar to Deathstroke and Batman (Duplicates) . Already too many Batman characters. Lacks diversity in roster.

- POISON IVY (Villain):
Pros - Unique abilities to control plant life for multiple purposes. Can use toxins to poison or mind-control victims. Unique history with multiple Batman characters for interesting Clash Dialogues. Adds another female to roster for gender diversity.

Cons - No actual combat skills, relies solely on her powers over plant life. Too many Batman characters.

- STATIC (Hero):
Pros - Different electric abilities bring a little more variety to the roster. Hover disc could be a unique character TRAIT to the roster. Increases racial diversity.

Cons - Characters with electric abilities already on roster, lacks diversity.

- POWER GIRL (Hero):
Pros - Increases gender diversity.

Cons - Powers too similar to Superman, will greatly lack power diversity.

- BLACK MANTA (Villain):
Pros - Increases racial diversity. Excellent combatant. Different array of gadgets and abilities than some other characters in roster, slightly increases power diversity. Commands a legion of soldiers. Would be Aquaman's only personal nemesis. Interesting possible Clash Dialogues with Aquaman.

Cons - ???

- BRAINIAC (Villain):
Pros - Unique telekinetic and telepathic abilities unlike most other characters on the roster, increases power diversity. Unique ability to control technology. Can create and manipulate nanotechnology and multiple advanced gadgets. Can duplicate himself to trick the opponent during combat. Unique possible Clash Dialogues with Superman. Maybe even Zod.

Cons - Some similar abilities to Superman, slightly lacks power diversity. May be too many Superman characters.

- ATROCITUS (Villain):
Pros - Brutal combatant. Increases species/ Lantern diversity. Acid-spewing abilities increase power diversity on roster. Unique possible Clash Dialogue with Green Lantern and Sinestro.

Cons - Red Power Ring unable to form constructs. (Move list may not be too interesting)

So?

I tried to be fair. If this were an official vote, I'd say Black Manta wins by default! LoL

Of course, knowing this species, someone here has to disagree with that. But seriously! I really couldn't think of a negative for Black Manta. Someone give me some...
---
Buttscratcher! Get ya Buttscratcher here!
#2Chain_StrikePosted 9/2/2013 10:13:37 PM
So.....more supes, GL and AM? That's where this is headed....*looks at Zat and MMH* yup.....hyped to hell...but to the community...falls flat.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho1_500.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho2_500.gif The Juri Step. See it, love it.
#3Ace_of_Spades90Posted 9/2/2013 10:16:29 PM
Well said, man. And I think Black Manta would be a great addition. It would be nice to finally have someone from the Aquaman universe :p

I really want Poison Ivy, too. I know there's too much Batman characters, but her being plant based is something different, and different is always good.
#4TC9834Posted 9/2/2013 10:20:25 PM
Define what you mean by "Deserves to be in more"

People always use that word when talking about DLC, and it has never made any sense to me.

I don't really like the idea of Red Hood at all as a DLC, from what little I know of him, but that is from purely a gameplay experience point of view, not because someone else "deserves" that slot more then he does.

Are we going by mainstream presence? Or is it by comic appearances? Or is it by character popularity? Or is it by how well a character is written? (Which is subjective BTW, so I don't even know how that would work)

Explain this to me, cause it just don't make sense to me.
---
Victory does not just mean that I must succeed, but that others must fail
#5JAD2020(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 10:32:12 PM
TC9834 posted...

People always use that word when talking about DLC, and it has never made any sense to me.

I don't really like the idea of Red Hood at all as a DLC, from what little I know of him, but that is from purely a gameplay experience point of view, not because someone else "deserves" that slot more then he does.

Are we going by mainstream presence? Or is it by comic appearances? Or is it by character popularity? Or is it by how well a character is written? (Which is subjective BTW, so I don't even know how that would work)

So... Basically, I mean who deserves it as far as awesome gameplay and diversity from characters already in the game. I honestly don't think Red Hood should be in the game AT ALL either!

But as I said, I tried to say this from a non-biased view, and be fair.

Other people who talk about who deserves to be DLC have invalid reasons. Like; Red Hood is just awesome, or he had a movie. Or Power Girl has big boobs.

I tried to be more sophisticated with my reasons. And I did my research. This is as fair as it's gonna get.

And I seriously can't think of anything negative for Black Manta :D
---
#6ConradimusPrimePosted 9/2/2013 10:38:12 PM
I'd say almost that entire list does not deserve it
#7JAD2020(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 10:39:18 PM
Ace_of_Spades90 posted...
Well said, man. And I think Black Manta would be a great addition. It would be nice to finally have someone from the Aquaman universe :p

I really want Poison Ivy, too. I know there's too much Batman characters, but her being plant based is something different, and different is always good.

Lmaoo

Black Manta and Poison Ivy are my most wanted also!

Think about it: Male & Female to the roster. Both awesome villains. Both cool characters in general, with their abilities and stuff. Apparently Black Manta has a little super strength also. I see him more as a gadget character tho. But as long as he's in the game, it doesn't matter :D

And thanks
---
#8JAD2020(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 10:40:20 PM
ConradimusPrime posted...
I'd say almost that entire list does not deserve it

Then who does?

I couldn't even find anything negative for Black Manta :o
---
#9TC9834Posted 9/2/2013 10:45:45 PM
JAD2020 posted...
TC9834 posted...

So... Basically, I mean who deserves it as far as awesome gameplay and diversity from characters already in the game. I honestly don't think Red Hood should be in the game AT ALL either!

Other people who talk about who deserves to be DLC have invalid reasons. Like; Red Hood is just awesome, or he had a movie. Or Power Girl has big boobs.

I tried to be more sophisticated with my reasons. And I did my research. This is as fair as it's gonna get.

I think what you are trying to say is that these character would be "More interesting" then Red Hood, which I 100% agree, but I don't think they "deserve" the slot more then any other. I agree with the word(s) "More interesting" but not with the word "Deserves" like these characters are somehow "Entitled" that DLC slot.

The only reason why this bothers me is because lots of people seem to slap on that word to characters they WANT in, as if that they are somehow entitled to their personal choices being put in.
---
Victory does not just mean that I must succeed, but that others must fail
#10JAD2020(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 10:51:13 PM
TC9834 posted...
JAD2020 posted...
TC9834 posted...

I think what you are trying to say is that these character would be "More interesting" then Red Hood, which I 100% agree, but I don't think they "deserve" the slot more then any other. I agree with the word(s) "More interesting" but not with the word "Deserves" like these characters are somehow "Entitled" that DLC slot.

The only reason why this bothers me is because lots of people seem to slap on that word to characters they WANT in, as if that they are somehow entitled to their personal choices being put in.

But that's exactly why I started this topic... To be more fair, than all these biased people on boards.

In all fairness, whoever has the least negatives up there deserves the spot. And Black Manta has none that I can think of.

And I'll admit, I do want Black Manta for DLC. But if anyone else had less negatives than Black Manta, I'd have to say they deserve the spot instead.
---