WAKE-UP ATTACK, is the WORST IDEA EVER

#1JAD2020Posted 9/4/2013 9:39:30 PM
I can't stand fighting some opponent, and every damn attack I do during their wake-up attack literally bounces off or goes straight through them!

Like WTF!? That's so dumb...

Does anyone else agree the game would be more fair without them??
---
Buttscratcher! Get ya Buttscratcher here!
#2Swan3624Posted 9/4/2013 9:42:04 PM
JAD2020 posted...
Does anyone else agree the game would be more fair without them??

Nope.
---
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624
#3SSJGrimReaperPosted 9/4/2013 9:43:03 PM
MOVESETS
*Runs out*
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
http://i.imgur.com/vQZqgi9.jpg
#4JAD2020(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 9:44:05 PM
So it's perfectly fine, for someone to just charge at you out of no where after being knocked down. But you throw an explosive canister at them to stop them, and it goes right through them? As a result you lose the match...

That's perfectly fair to you?
---
#5lll-SlimJim-lllPosted 9/4/2013 9:46:57 PM
Is this for real ?.?
#6JAD2020(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 9:47:55 PM
SSJGrimReaper posted...
MOVESETS
*Runs out*

^_^

Lookout for Shade tomorrow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEnAGsIyGvg

And possibly Copperhead
---
#7TC9834Posted 9/4/2013 9:48:40 PM
This is the first time I heard someone complain about wake up attacks. You have to know that every special move, when used as a wake up, has certain invincibility frames. They are different for each character, like for example, if Green Arrow uses his slide as a wake up, he is not invincible throughout the whole slide animation, while Killer Frost is.

If you are fighting someone who is wake-up attack happy, you can bait it out.

First of all, not everyone has a safe wake up, for example, Batman has no wake up options, and if you are thinking that he can use his slide kick, that move is crazy unsafe. Same thing with Deathstroke's spinning sword move.

Second, even if someone has a safe wake up, like Zod, MMH, or Killer Frost, you can still bait that out. Every character can use meter burn B3 to blow up any wake up attacks, and some characters like Bane, can do it without meter. There are other ways to punish supposedly safe wake ups, like with Killer Frost, you can bait the wake up and do a jumping back attack for a combo.

You can also mess up character's wake ups, like with Green Lantern, after you do a meter burn grab, you dash forward, which should put you at the other side of them, which will mess up the input timing for most character's wake up, so that you can get them in a reset.

Not to mention, wake ups are even more important in this game, then in others, with interactables. The invincibility frames in wake up attacks can be used to avoid interactables after a knock down. And no, it's not a free, braindead, get out of jail free card, well at least not for some characters. It takes timing, and practice, so if anyone can use it to avoid an interactable, then good on them.

There are so many possibilities that are added in this game cause of wake up attacks that no, removing them would NOT be a good idea.
---
Victory does not just mean that I must succeed, but that others must fail
#8JAD2020(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 9:56:33 PM
TC9834 posted...
This is the first time I heard someone complain about wake up attacks. You have to know that every special move, when used as a wake up, has certain invincibility frames. They are different for each character, like for example, if Green Arrow uses his slide as a wake up, he is not invincible throughout the whole slide animation, while Killer Frost is.

If you are fighting someone who is wake-up attack happy, you can bait it out.

First of all, not everyone has a safe wake up, for example, Batman has no wake up options, and if you are thinking that he can use his slide kick, that move is crazy unsafe. Same thing with Deathstroke's spinning sword move.

Second, even if someone has a safe wake up, like Zod, MMH, or Killer Frost, you can still bait that out. Every character can use meter burn B3 to blow up any wake up attacks, and some characters like Bane, can do it without meter. There are other ways to punish supposedly safe wake ups, like with Killer Frost, you can bait the wake up and do a jumping back attack for a combo.

You can also mess up character's wake ups, like with Green Lantern, after you do a meter burn grab, you dash forward, which should put you at the other side of them, which will mess up the input timing for most character's wake up, so that you can get them in a reset.

Not to mention, wake ups are even more important in this game, then in others, with interactables. The invincibility frames in wake up attacks can be used to avoid interactables after a knock down. And no, it's not a free, braindead, get out of jail free card, well at least not for some characters. It takes timing, and practice, so if anyone can use it to avoid an interactable, then good on them.

There are so many possibilities that are added in this game cause of wake up attacks that no, removing them would NOT be a good idea.

The fact that some characters can just have "invincibility frames" just because, is unfair enough.

Then the fact that they're meant to avoid interactables is just frustrating! How can you throw an explosive container at the opponent during their wake-up attack, and it literally just bounces off of them??

I think the game would be perfectly fine without them. This and Mortal Kombat are the only games where I've seen "Wake-up attacks." It's an unnecessary innovation to fighting games.

But it seems no one's gonna understand my side. So nevermind...
---
#9chaoshadouPosted 9/4/2013 10:03:21 PM
Suddenly, Both Bane and Shazam destroy the entire roster.
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
http://www.facebook.com/OperationGoldenLand
#10TC9834Posted 9/4/2013 10:06:56 PM
JAD2020 posted...

The fact that some characters can just have "invincibility frames" just because, is unfair enough.

Then the fact that they're meant to avoid interactables is just frustrating! How can you throw an explosive container at the opponent during their wake-up attack, and it literally just bounces off of them??

I think the game would be perfectly fine without them. This and Mortal Kombat are the only games where I've seen "Wake-up attacks." It's an unnecessary innovation to fighting games.

But it seems no one's gonna understand my side. So nevermind...

The fact that some characters have more invincibility frames then others is not unfair.

The reason why Killer Frost has a fully invincible wake up slide, while Green Arrow does not, is because Killer Frost needs to get in, as in, that is more crucial to her way of playing then Green Arrows. He still needs to get in, but he does have other viable options.

And the fact that they can be used to avoid interactables is frustrating, but that is what they're are supposed to do. I'm sorry you can't just get free damage in after a knockdown.

Also, Street Fighter has them too, but not to this degree, but Street Fighter and this game are two very different games, where in Street Fighter, it's very hard, and very unlikely to see someone take 40% to 50% and even in some cases, take 60% off of your opponent's life with one combo, like you can do in this game. So having an easy wake to break off pressure in this game is not as crucial as it is in Street Fighter.

And this game would NOT be perfectly fine without them. If the only option you have is to block, that would make certain characters completely broken. Green Arrow can get a guaranteed Super off of a block string. With certain characters, they will be able to just put on endless oki pressure for the entire match, making a lot of games one-sided, with the winner being determined by who gets the first knock down, and this is even more evident with interactables.

Wake up attacks are just another thing you have to master and learn how to adapt to. It adds depth to the game.
---
Victory does not just mean that I must succeed, but that others must fail