Remember this trailer?

#1JLA79Posted 9/8/2013 7:29:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l27-3NJqpiA

Everybody thought that Joker's voice sucks because they thought that the voice in the beginning was jokers. I actually laughed really hard when I first played story mode and heard lex saying that.
#2Sony_7Posted 9/8/2013 7:36:51 AM
The story had so much promise back then... And then they totally copped out.
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#3Cthulhu_FhtagnPosted 9/8/2013 8:58:17 AM
How did they cop out?
---
http://i.imgur.com/Jw8fAp0.jpg
#4Game WeaselPosted 9/8/2013 9:12:20 AM
Cthulhu_Fhtagn posted...
How did they cop out?

I'll second this. The trailer seems to have shown exactly what we got. What was the cop out?
Unless you mean the fact that they didn't have this just be a singular universe where some of the JL went nutso, 'cause they're never going to tell that story without having a good JLA from a parallel 'verse come in to stop them.
---
"If any super villain had a can of RAID near the beginning of Marvel comics first steps, our entire hero line up could've been wiped out!" -Stan Lee
#5Sony_7Posted 9/8/2013 10:52:23 AM
Game Weasel posted...
Cthulhu_Fhtagn posted...
How did they cop out?

I'll second this. The trailer seems to have shown exactly what we got. What was the cop out?
Unless you mean the fact that they didn't have this just be a singular universe where some of the JL went nutso, 'cause they're never going to tell that story without having a good JLA from a parallel 'verse come in to stop them.

Ya, that's the cop out. Story would have had more meaning/higher stakes if it was just one universe.
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#6DarthMummyPosted 9/8/2013 11:11:04 AM
Sony_7 posted...
Game Weasel posted...
Cthulhu_Fhtagn posted...
How did they cop out?

Ya, that's the cop out. Story would have had more meaning/higher stakes if it was just one universe.

Totally agree. Adding another universe was a huge mistake.
---
In Lex we trust.
PSN: Darthmummy
#7dantedeschain13Posted 9/8/2013 11:50:48 AM
Imagine how it would have been if we played the comic. Like we didn't know from the start Green Arrow was dying and all that good stuff. Better story then?
#8DarthMummyPosted 9/8/2013 11:56:44 AM
dantedeschain13 posted...
Imagine how it would have been if we played the comic. Like we didn't know from the start Green Arrow was dying and all that good stuff. Better story then?

Oh, yes.
---
In Lex we trust.
#9TC9834Posted 9/8/2013 2:37:39 PM
DarthMummy posted...
Sony_7 posted...
Game Weasel posted...
Cthulhu_Fhtagn posted...
How did they cop out?

Yea I think the parallel dimension was sort of a cop out, but I think they did it cause they were afraid that having only one Superman and having him being the main antagonist, would have people in an uproar, so they made a parallel dimension story to make it so that there is still a "Good" Superman.
---
Victory does not just mean that I must succeed, but that others must fail
#10DarthMummyPosted 9/8/2013 2:59:28 PM
TC9834 posted...
DarthMummy posted...

Yea I think the parallel dimension was sort of a cop out, but I think they did it cause they were afraid that having only one Superman and having him being the main antagonist, would have people in an uproar, so they made a parallel dimension story to make it so that there is still a "Good" Superman.

I get why they added an AU, but whatever reason they had for doing it, it still ruined the story.
---
In Lex we trust.