It's pretty clear that DC wants he popular characters to be the best in the game

#1Earthbound360Posted 9/9/2013 3:12:55 PM
80/80

It's stupid really. If you look at the game now, you'll notice how strong Superman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, and Batman are. One could think it's just a coincidence. However, I decided to do a little bit of research just in case. If we look back at the last DC involved fighting game, MK vs. DCU, we see this:

1. Green Lantern
2. The Flash
3. Sub-Zero
4. Scorpion
5. Superman

I mean geez, could you be any more poster boy favoring? I'm wary about buying another fighting game with DC's hand in it because this is starting to become a pattern. It's really silly if you ask me, and of course they won't admit they want Superman to be a top tier character, but it's getting quite obvious.

Despite being played extensively in tournaments since day 1, what can we observe from Superman's latest nerf? -3% on his super. Yeah that'll teach him. He also lost 1 frame on his breath move. Deathstroke and Green Arrow are jealous.

I like this game, honestly I do, and I'm excited for the upcoming patch, but let's be real here, the odds of getting the nerfs to the top tiers that was need just ain't happening. It's making me a lot less excited to be honest. If they do nerf the poster boys, it'll be something like -1 frame on their D1 or -2% on a move they never use.
---
You know 1% milk? If it's 1% milk, what's the other 99% of white stuff?
General Screenname Name: Mik! || Monster Hunter Profile in Quote
#2WeAllAsked4ThisPosted 9/9/2013 3:47:51 PM
Well, if I were DC I'd want the unpopular characters to be best in the game so that they'd get more attention and I could sell stories/merchandise with them.

I don't think they are the type to think putting all your pennies in one jar is a good strategy, but I admit I don't know a whole lot about the comic industry in general.
---
http://i.minus.com/i2RiMzbHlier.gif
http://i.minus.com/iE8SLEWrSU0Wt.gif
#3p0922Posted 9/9/2013 5:20:54 PM
WeAllAsked4This posted...

I don't think they are the type to think putting all your pennies in one jar is a good strategy,

you'd be amazed
#4generalguy64Posted 9/9/2013 5:25:51 PM
Aquaman is top tier... since when is that fishstick popular?
#5OfficeChairPosted 9/9/2013 5:44:36 PM
Is Nintendo going to let Mario be low tier in Super Smash Bros?
Is Capcom going to let Ryu be low tier in UMVC3?

You're acting like it's some kind of calculating, souless brand management strategy that happens is planned in a secret room far far below the Earth's surface when in reality companies have a reasonable right to make sure their main characters don't completely suck balls in a fighting game. Imagine your reaction if you picked up Superman and he was as difficult to use as C. Viper or was Shazam-tier.

What makes more sense for the game?
---
You have failed this city
#6dantedeschain13Posted 9/9/2013 5:55:11 PM
p0922 posted...
WeAllAsked4This posted...

I don't think they are the type to think putting all your pennies in one jar is a good strategy,

you'd be amazed

Can we turn this into a thread listing when DC has royally screwed up? The Green Lantern movie (unless this was directed at NRS, then I dunno)
#7ShadowWalker777Posted 9/9/2013 6:36:19 PM
Superman is OP because he is freaking SUPERman. It may be annoying, but in truth, it only makes sense. But, he probably gonna become Nerfman after the patch.
---
IM BANE, YES THAT'S MY NAME,
IF YOU SAY IT TOO MUCH IT BECOMES A PAIN!
#8JH_211990Posted 9/9/2013 6:39:25 PM
Black Adam anyone?
---
...But our princess is in another castle!
#9xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 9/9/2013 7:33:12 PM
Difference between Nintendo and Capcom and NRS is that Nintendo and Capcom are actual game companies who answer to no higher ups. Since NRS is developing the game for Warner Bros., WB has the official say on what goes on in the games. If they say give Superman this many skins, NRS has to oblige. If they say make sure Superman is one of the best, you better believe NRS will find a way to make that so.
---
PSN: Su-Qing-Xin
I like to play video games.
#10OfficeChairPosted 9/9/2013 7:39:10 PM
xXxSuQingXinxXx posted...
Difference between Nintendo and Capcom and NRS is that Nintendo and Capcom are actual game companies who answer to no higher ups. Since NRS is developing the game for Warner Bros., WB has the official say on what goes on in the games. If they say give Superman this many skins, NRS has to oblige. If they say make sure Superman is one of the best, you better believe NRS will find a way to make that so.

so your complaint is that DC/WB wants input on a game made with their properties??? if DC made this game in-house (if they had a good game studio) would you still complain? if Superman was average and Harley Quinn was god tier instead would you complain? (spoilers: yes you would because thats how you are).

Supes is broke and they're going to fix them... bringing in the development process to cry that Superman is broken is redundant since Boon has acknowledged he's getting nerfed.
---
You have failed this city