NEW INFO: Joker Buffs

#11LuckyShotXIIIPosted 9/10/2013 1:39:29 PM
Maverickneo posted...
I have a question for joker mains.

Does him at level 3 parry make a huge difference with the speed increase in gameplay?

It might, if you're ever put in that situation, but even a half good Joker player knows that circle is basically nonexistent in your arsenal. The trait is total garbadge in 99% of the situation you face.
---
PSN: LuckyXIII
UMvC3 - Vergil, Dante, Deadpool ; Injustice - The Joker
#12Sony_7Posted 9/10/2013 1:43:12 PM
Maverickneo posted...
I have a question for joker mains.

Does him at level 3 parry make a huge difference with the speed increase in gameplay?

It's a pretty noticeable, but ultimately futile.
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#13Phara0hManPosted 9/10/2013 1:48:10 PM
If they really want to buff the trait so people will actually use it, it's gonna have to be WAAAAAY more drastic than that. A few ideas to start with, any of which would help:

- Give it an AA version.

- Make it a valid wakeup option

- HA's never go away

- HA's do something more useful, like buff damage or give an instant bar of meter.

- Parry causes hard knockdown, or otherwise facilitates follow ups.

- Active frames start instantly and persist through whole animation

- Make the stab special cancelable.
---
NP: SSF4 AE (Rose), Injustice (Arrow), Diablo 3 PS3 (Lv. 35 Monk, Lv. 32 DH), Borderlands 2 (Lv. 68 Siren, Lv. 57 Mechro).
#14MaverickneoPosted 9/10/2013 1:57:22 PM
Interesting, if the actual trait is useless to the point that it wont even make a difference why not change it completely or at least have it so either A. it doesn't go away or B. Lasts for the rest of the round.?

It seems that the consensus is the effort that goes into getting up to 3 ha's is not even worth it for the final outcome of the trait.
#15LuckyShotXIIIPosted 9/10/2013 3:46:07 PM
Maverickneo posted...
Interesting, if the actual trait is useless to the point that it wont even make a difference why not change it completely or at least have it so either A. it doesn't go away or B. Lasts for the rest of the round.?

I reckon there's only so much they can do with it because they can't completely scrap it and start over. It's a nice thought, but there's frankly more stuff they can do with the character than bother with the trait.

It seems that the consensus is the effort that goes into getting up to 3 ha's is not even worth it for the final outcome of the trait.

Exactly. It's useless to focus on trying to buff Joker trait because it's just crap. It'll continue to be crap until they completely get rid of it and try something better. It would be much more productive to enhance the tools he's already got and back him proper viable.

But apparently, according to this info, that's not in their agenda.
---
#16DynastyZero99Posted 9/10/2013 3:52:49 PM
Should've just removed the low parry, make the parry, a parry all (over, mid, low) and extend its time to match the bats, that way it'll be very useful.
---
It felt right the moment my ps3 deep throated it (Aka, disc insertion in ps3 mouth), And for me, its a game that requires flow. you CAN flow, can't you? - Ultra
#17LuckyShotXIIIPosted 9/10/2013 4:04:55 PM
DynastyZero99 posted...
Should've just removed the low parry, make the parry, a parry all (over, mid, low) and extend its time to match the bats, that way it'll be very useful.

This too. The fact that it's a 50/50 guess makes it even more unsafe and not worthwhile to use. There's no reason to chance getting completely bodied on a hunch that will only output 9% damage.
---
#18DarthMummyPosted 9/10/2013 4:26:17 PM
Phara0hMan posted...
If they really want to buff the trait so people will actually use it, it's gonna have to be WAAAAAY more drastic than that. A few ideas to start with, any of which would help:

- Give it an AA version.

- Make it a valid wakeup option

- HA's never go away

- HA's do something more useful, like buff damage or give an instant bar of meter.

- Parry causes hard knockdown, or otherwise facilitates follow ups.

- Active frames start instantly and persist through whole animation

- Make the stab special cancelable.

Yes!

He needs these (especially the ones I've bolded). Now.
---
Who needs Kryptonians, when you have me? I'll set you free, from his tyranny.
(To the tune of "If You Believe", from Prince of Egypt.
#19MasterFoxCheif3Posted 9/10/2013 7:16:26 PM
I'm happy that my Joker can finally contend with those dumb GL players who only know one combo.
---
http://3image.com/images/2013/06/21/Bron_umad.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aalYQjedc1s&t=1m4s
#20Sony_7Posted 9/10/2013 7:27:38 PM
MasterFoxCheif3 posted...
I'm happy that my Joker can finally contend with those dumb GL players who only know one combo.

These buffs won't help you with any match up you may be having trouble with. Be warned.
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849