It's funny hearing people complain about the Ultimate Edition

#1TC9834Posted 10/7/2013 2:11:07 PM
even though everyone suspected that there will be an Ultimate Edition and got the game anyway, when the expected Ultimate Edition is announced, people are crying about how they feel ripped off, even though they bought the game knowing an Ultimate Edition was on its way.

http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/templates/14288.jpg
---
Victory does not just mean that I must succeed, but that others must fail
#2Pale_HeartPosted 10/7/2013 2:21:33 PM(edited)
I am soooo glad I didnt bought the original game (thanks to many of you who advised me to wait in this board). But now I can buy the Ultimate edition.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2594-9833-9847
New Leaf: Robin at Reston
#3NeclordXPosted 10/7/2013 3:57:41 PM
TC9834 posted...
even though everyone suspected that there will be an Ultimate Edition and got the game anyway, when the expected Ultimate Edition is announced, people are crying about how they feel ripped off, even though they bought the game knowing an Ultimate Edition was on its way.

May be because the ultimate edition was announced right after the original game had a 60% discount on PSN.
So, those who purchased that offer during this week now can choose between expending 75 in DLC or to buy also the ultimate edition or rant.

Making the offer knowing a more economic version (since it includes de DLC) is going to be released in one month is legit, but not fair.

If they cared for costumers they should have make the offer AFTER the announcement, bot before.
#4TC9834(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 4:11:26 PM
NeclordX posted...
TC9834 posted...

May be because the ultimate edition was announced right after the original game had a 60% discount on PSN.
So, those who purchased that offer during this week now can choose between expending 75 in DLC or to buy also the ultimate edition or rant.

Making the offer knowing a more economic version (since it includes de DLC) is going to be released in one month is legit, but not fair.

If they cared for costumers they should have make the offer AFTER the announcement, bot before.

Ok, bad timing of the announcements aside, everyone knew that there will be an Ultimate Edition. So it came sooner rather then later, but we all knew it was coming.

The people who paid $60 when it first came out knew there was one down the line, the people who bought it at a discount at $40 knew it was down the line, the people who just bought it on PSN knew it was down the line, so everyone had a choice of waiting for the Ultimate Edition, at the cost of not playing it for a while, or buying it sooner, rather then later, spending a few extra bucks for the DLC's, to play it before the people who were waiting for the Ultimate Edition. Seems like a fair deal to me.

I myself bought it near release date for the price of $60 and I do not regret it, cause I have been playing it, almost steadily since then, and having a good time the whole way (relatively speaking), and I thought NRS was being fair, business-wise, the whole time, with free skins, a season pass that saved me $5.

I don't see what the big deal is. It just sounds like people want more stuff for free then the free stuff they already got.
---
Victory does not just mean that I must succeed, but that others must fail
#5NewbiusPosted 10/7/2013 5:16:35 PM
It's a good thing I held off until they announced the Ultimate Edition. I know that Ultimate Editions happen for every genre nowadays, but fighters are a much bigger culprit especially Street Fighter.
#6christiankid7Posted 10/7/2013 6:05:07 PM
Do you think NRS will receive the amount of flack Capcom did for UMVC3? (just talking about mvc3 here, not street fighter)
NRS/High Voltage is releasing "Ultimate" Injustice 7 months after the original, right? (Capcom released UMVC3 9 months after MVC3 If I remember correctly).

Well, at least PS4 has a launch fighter now. I'm at least happy about that!
---
The Official ANTI-VENOM of the UMVC3 boards
The official Sir Daniel Fortesque of the PSASBR boards
#7AzureVergilPosted 10/7/2013 8:07:29 PM
christiankid7 posted...
Do you think NRS will receive the amount of flack Capcom did for UMVC3? (just talking about mvc3 here, not street fighter)
NRS/High Voltage is releasing "Ultimate" Injustice 7 months after the original, right? (Capcom released UMVC3 9 months after MVC3 If I remember correctly).

Well UMvC3 was a whole new game, 10 characters that weren't available in MvC3, new stages, new menu and more options for Online and new balance.

Injustice Ult. Edition is simply Injustice with all DLCs and the latest balance patch. Complete edition usually take 1 year, weird they are releasing this one after 7 months.
---
http://i.imgur.com/SJthnOx.gif
#8millimaynePosted 10/8/2013 4:09:34 AM
I'm actually glad I got the game and had the chance to experience all it's goodness earlier on this time, given that at least there were several skins for characters that were either free DLC or otherwise free unlockables (through the IOS version). I am glad though that I stayed patient and didn't buy any DLC knowing this version of the game was on the way.
---
"It's official, you SU-" *bam!* The last words of Shao Khan before getting Liu Kang'd
#9Havok83Posted 10/9/2013 1:10:26 PM
AzureVergil posted...
christiankid7 posted...

Well UMvC3 was a whole new game, 10 characters that weren't available in MvC3, new stages, new menu and more options for Online and new balance.

Injustice Ult. Edition is simply Injustice with all DLCs and the latest balance patch. Complete edition usually take 1 year, weird they are releasing this one after 7 months.
UMvC3 is not a whole new game. Its comparable to this Ultimate version of Injustice

Complete editions usually come out when a game has finished releasing all its DLC, hence it being a complete edition. It took them less than a year to release all the DLC, so we are getting it now, rather than waiting next year, which is actually better anyway
#10Chaos-15Posted 10/9/2013 4:30:35 PM
Bought mine on release (a game that finally showcases Aquaman in all its badassery. Had to buy it) I played the game for 4 months. Then kinda forgot about it. And picked up again recently.
I don't regret really. I couldn't wait to play the game. Haven'y bought any of the DLC costumes.
Might buy Ultimate Edition when it price drop though and give Vanilla to my cousin or something.