It's funny hearing people complain about the Ultimate Edition

#11Spider5800Posted 10/9/2013 6:27:31 PM
Havok83 posted...
AzureVergil posted...
christiankid7 posted...
Do you think NRS will receive the amount of flack Capcom did for UMVC3? (just talking about mvc3 here, not street fighter)
NRS/High Voltage is releasing "Ultimate" Injustice 7 months after the original, right? (Capcom released UMVC3 9 months after MVC3 If I remember correctly).

Well, at least PS4 has a launch fighter now. I'm at least happy about that!

Well UMvC3 was a whole new game, 10 characters that weren't available in MvC3, new stages, new menu and more options for Online and new balance.

Injustice Ult. Edition is simply Injustice with all DLCs and the latest balance patch. Complete edition usually take 1 year, weird they are releasing this one after 7 months.
UMvC3 is not a whole new game. Its comparable to this Ultimate version of Injustice

Complete editions usually come out when a game has finished releasing all its DLC, hence it being a complete edition. It took them less than a year to release all the DLC, so we are getting it now, rather than waiting next year, which is actually better anyway

Unless you know some secret way to play Dr. Strange and Nemesis in vanilla MvC3, it's a different game than UMvC3.

I can still play my original copy of Injustice with people who buy the Ultimate Edition. If I want them I can still access the extra characters and skins. If I'm a competitive player, any balance changes made to the game will work with my version as well as the new one. It's a very different situation than what Capcom does. I don't need to spend ANOTHER $60 to do that stuff like I would with Capcom's games.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#12Cthulhu_FhtagnPosted 10/9/2013 6:41:26 PM
Isn't that whole mode with the cards exclusive to the Ultimate version of MvC3? How about playing as Galactus, and all the other characters you couldn't even download on the regular edition? Ultimate Injustice is a joke compared to the difference between UMvC3 and MvC3.
---
http://i.imgur.com/DVcRVjY.jpg
#13TC9834(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 10:46:35 PM
Cthulhu_Fhtagn posted...
Isn't that whole mode with the cards exclusive to the Ultimate version of MvC3? How about playing as Galactus, and all the other characters you couldn't even download on the regular edition? Ultimate Injustice is a joke compared to the difference between UMvC3 and MvC3.

The Ultimate Injustice edition is just vanilla Injustice with all the DLCs. It's pretty much a glorified DLC package. There really is no point in getting it if you already own a copy of Injustice, unless you plan on getting it for a different console, so whatever they decide to charge the Ultimate Edition doesn't really matter if you already own Injustice.

The UMvC3 however, is more like a combination of a DLC package, and a massive patch. Now that in itself is OK, but the problem is, if you only own the vanilla version, then you can only play with other people that own the vanilla version.

Also with UMvC3 lot of the content in the UMvC3 are things that should have been included in the vanilla version, at least in my opinion. I mean, vanilla MvC3 was rather bare bones, so for them to charge $40, and make it so that you HAVE to get this version, rather then, lets say, give the customer the option of just paying for the DLC characters and I think ONE additional mode, separately, you have to buy the UMvC3. And of course, I really don't think Capcom deserves too much praise for having balance updates in UMvC3 when other games, just release balance patches regularly for free.

What I'm trying to say is, I think UMvC3 was more insulting to the fans then the Ultimate Edition for Injustice.
---
Victory does not just mean that I must succeed, but that others must fail
#14AzureVergilPosted 10/9/2013 10:53:49 PM
Havok83 posted...
AzureVergil posted...
christiankid7 posted...
Do you think NRS will receive the amount of flack Capcom did for UMVC3? (just talking about mvc3 here, not street fighter)
NRS/High Voltage is releasing "Ultimate" Injustice 7 months after the original, right? (Capcom released UMVC3 9 months after MVC3 If I remember correctly).

Well UMvC3 was a whole new game, 10 characters that weren't available in MvC3, new stages, new menu and more options for Online and new balance.

Injustice Ult. Edition is simply Injustice with all DLCs and the latest balance patch. Complete edition usually take 1 year, weird they are releasing this one after 7 months.
UMvC3 is not a whole new game. Its comparable to this Ultimate version of Injustice

Complete editions usually come out when a game has finished releasing all its DLC, hence it being a complete edition. It took them less than a year to release all the DLC, so we are getting it now, rather than waiting next year, which is actually better anyway

You need reading comprehension, child.

The 10 new characters and 9 new stages in UMvC3 are not accessable in MvC3, including all DLC costumes beside the first set. Shuma-Gorath & Jill aren't even included free in UMvC3. Completely new menu and character select screen and musics.

The 4 DLC characters in Injustice are available to both people who has the original and those who will get the Ultimate Edition. Only difference is the Ultimate owners have the DLC characters + all DLC costumes for free. The game is the same exact thing as the original.

UMvC3 has made some major change in the gameplay like Team Aerial Combo taking away 1 full Hyper bar on your opponent or give you 1 full, overall damage being higher to prevent Time Over, a Improved Online mode, X-Factor being usable mid-air, ect.

Both Injustice are the exact beside free DLC contents.
---
http://i.imgur.com/SJthnOx.gif
#15TC9834(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 11:07:44 PM
AzureVergil posted...
Havok83 posted...
AzureVergil posted...
christiankid7 posted...

The 10 new characters and 9 new stages in UMvC3 are not accessable in MvC3, including all DLC costumes beside the first set. Shuma-Gorath & Jill aren't even included free in UMvC3. Completely new menu and character select screen and musics.

The 4 DLC characters in Injustice are available to both people who has the original and those who will get the Ultimate Edition. Only difference is the Ultimate owners have the DLC characters + all DLC costumes for free. The game is the same exact thing as the original.

UMvC3 has made some major change in the gameplay like Team Aerial Combo taking away 1 full Hyper bar on your opponent or give you 1 full, overall damage being higher to prevent Time Over, a Improved Online mode, X-Factor being usable mid-air, ect.

I don't know if you are implying that there is something wrong with the Ultimate Edition for Injustice, but I don't see a problem with it. So the people who got the Ultimate Edition gets the skins and characters for free, they had to wait a rather long time, so it seems fair to me.

As for UMvC3, the additional characters and stages, could, and probably should have been DLC characters, and balance and gameplay changes should have been patch updates, and considering that vanilla MvC3 was rather barebones, I really don't see the justification for making UMvC3 $40, when a lot of the features should have already been in the vanilla version, and there really is no point to mentioning aesthetic changes really. Maybe if it came with some compatibility update that lets you play with people who only have the vanilla version, so that people who don't care for the new characters and just wanted to do regular 1v1s online didn't have to spend $40 didn't have to waste their money.

UMvC3 really felt like Capcom just purposefully held back content, just to release it in an "Ultimate" edition, while still charging full price for the vanilla version, seems more like a money grabbing scheme to me.

At least with what NRS is doing, I have no reason to buy their Ultimate edition of Injustice, cause I don't care about the skins, and I already got the DLC characters I wanted. If the Ultimate Injustice version did was UMvC3 did, then I would have to be saving money for that version, which would have sucked, but right now, I don't.
---
Victory does not just mean that I must succeed, but that others must fail
#16AzureVergilPosted 10/9/2013 11:33:21 PM(edited)
Nothing against Injustice Ultimate edition, actually I like that, I always prefer the DLC content in the disc since I hate digital and games I know that will get a Complete edition, I avoid buying them and wait 1 year for confirmation.

I just wanted to correct him because UMvC3 us not a ''Complete edition'' like Ultimate edition and Komplete edition were for Injustice and MK9. That's like saying every new Blazblue is a ''Complete edition'' when they change a lot.

I agree with your post before about UMvC3 being a slap to the people who bought the original.
---
http://i.imgur.com/SJthnOx.gif
#17Havok83Posted 10/16/2013 8:27:03 PM(edited)
AzureVergil posted...
Havok83 posted...
AzureVergil posted...
christiankid7 posted...

No I don't need reading comprehension. I owned MvC3 and UMvC3 and UMvC3 was not a completely different game. It was an extension of MvC3. It seriously could and should have just been DLC, but this was one of the many blunders Capcom had done in recent years when it came to gouging consumers. The original MvC3 felt incomplete when it was released and it shouldn't have launched when it did as a result. It had planned DLC for it which they cut back in order to sell UMvC3 was a more complete package (MvC3 only released one of its costume packs before plans for UMvC3 was announced). You can try to justify it if you want but UMvC3 was MvC3 with more content. It wasn't a completely new game as you may want to view it as.

AzureVergil posted...
Nothing against Injustice Ultimate edition, actually I like that, I always prefer the DLC content in the disc since I hate digital and games I know that will get a Complete edition, I avoid buying them and wait 1 year for confirmation.

I just wanted to correct him because UMvC3 us not a ''Complete edition'' like Ultimate edition and Komplete edition were for Injustice and MK9. That's like saying every new Blazblue is a ''Complete edition'' when they change a lot.

I agree with your post before about UMvC3 being a slap to the people who bought the original.

Funny that I didn't say that UMvC3 was a complete edition. My main point was that it wasn't a completely different game than the original.