Why do certain people play fighting games when they get so angry from losing?

#1ollie89Posted 10/9/2013 10:22:56 PM
I fought some guy (PSN: Mcctup-MK-king) in a lobby: he picked Joker & I chose Zatanna. During the first round I was winning, at which point he yells in his mic, "Damn, dude, you must play all day!" and then he rage quits. About a few seconds later he sends me an invite, which I accept. He chose Batman and I chose Zatanna again. I end up beating him again and at the beginning of the second round he rage quits. About a minute later he sends hatemail: "Get a life geek." What's ironic is that he was trying to imply that I take the game too seriously when he was the one talking bad on a mic, and chose to send hatemail.

Seriously, why? If you're going to rage quit, send hatemail, etc. then maybe this isn't the genre you should be playing. It's ridiculous how angry some of these people get. Surely they do realize this is just a game, right? I feel as though some of these people take this game way too seriously.
---
Playing Now: Metal Gear Rising
#2LordRattergunPosted 10/9/2013 10:57:59 PM
It's the salt.
---
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg
#3ZannoLPosted 10/10/2013 5:48:55 AM
ollie89 posted...
I fought some guy (PSN: Mcctup-MK-king) in a lobby: he picked Joker & I chose Zatanna. During the first round I was winning, at which point he yells in his mic, "Damn, dude, you must play all day!" and then he rage quits. About a few seconds later he sends me an invite, which I accept. He chose Batman and I chose Zatanna again. I end up beating him again and at the beginning of the second round he rage quits. About a minute later he sends hatemail: "Get a life geek." What's ironic is that he was trying to imply that I take the game too seriously when he was the one talking bad on a mic, and chose to send hatemail.

Seriously, why? If you're going to rage quit, send hatemail, etc. then maybe this isn't the genre you should be playing. It's ridiculous how angry some of these people get. Surely they do realize this is just a game, right? I feel as though some of these people take this game way too seriously.

That Mcctup-Mk-King guy is a notorious loser. Avoid him like the plague. He ragequitted on me too many times to count. And whenever he hosts a koth, he always leaves when he is dethroned. He does take the game too seriously.
#4geeza101Posted 10/10/2013 9:05:29 AM
ollie89 posted...

He's just one of those people who thinks that because you beat him at an online game, you also beat him at life................which by the sound of things is probably true.
---
PSN: geeza101 SSFIV:AE Main: Cody, SCV Main: Maxi
'Hamboning will save your life one day!'
#5DynastyZero99Posted 10/10/2013 10:00:53 AM
He believe he's one of the best and because of this, he can't handle losing, so therefore the unacceptance of losing forces him to challenge you yet again, as if losing to you in the first place was just a fluke.

Not to mention, If he wins, you'll most likely receive more hatemail. This time being about how bad you are, how poorly you played, how lucky you were beforehand...he's that type of guy.

Just ignore him, he's scum.
---
LMFAO! Blocked by a b****, a whiner, a complainer, a know it all. thank you, you did me the favor dumbass.
#6AzureVergilPosted 10/10/2013 10:26:15 AM
Ego.

Last week-end in SSFIV, I fought a Sagat, I beat him the first match, he ask me a rematch, he win the first round but I figured out his strategy and countered everything he did in the 2nd round. He still had 50% of health and disconnect. He send me a PM saying its boring playing with elitists no life...
---
http://i.imgur.com/SJthnOx.gif
#7wpninjaPosted 10/10/2013 11:29:35 AM
Mcctup-MK-king, Love Troll and a guy with Pain in his psn are without a doubt the most saltiest players on Injustice. The quality and amount of hatemail they send never ceases to amaze me.
---
No Time 2 Sex, Must Fight Evil!
#8Cosmic_CoyotePosted 10/10/2013 11:50:19 AM
I know how they can feel I was like that not long ago.

I really wanted to be great at some games like, UMVsC3, Soul Claibur IV & V, MK9, SSFIV, SFxT, Injustice, etc... etc.... you name it I´ve tried to play all those and many many more.

I trained many hours daily, I watched tutorials on YouTube, on specialized Forums, I saw frame data analysis, spend much time practicing combos, ridiculous just frames, corner combos, teams, carefully read all patches notes, etc....

The moment I was againt a human foe, either online or even against the noobiest of the noobs of my friends who doesn´t even have the game..... I just kept losing again and again with no hope, that without saying none of my combos worked because people seems to have a third eye and predict all my moves and block flawlessly all my attacks.

I raged, broke controllers and more, it made no sense, so at mid 2012 I just decided to stop playing fighting games seriously and that is what I did, now if I win I am ok and if I lose I won´t rage anymore.

In Fact I was extremely lucky with Injustice, with Aquaman I managed to get 100+ wins online and many people insulted me or rage quitted on me.

It looks like the less time you spend training, the best results you will have.
---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"
#9QuantamLeapPosted 10/10/2013 12:12:14 PM
wpninja posted...
Mcctup-MK-king, Love Troll and a guy with Pain in his psn are without a doubt the most saltiest players on Injustice. The quality and amount of hatemail they send never ceases to amaze me.
#10SplitMushroomPosted 10/10/2013 12:40:50 PM
wpninja posted...

Lmao Love Troll is foolish:p
---
Wilkins is at it again folks!!!