This is LITERALLY my online experience 3 hours ago.....

#1stunSEEDPosted 10/10/2013 4:47:54 PM
I haven't played this for a couple of months. Came back to it to check out post-patch things. Met some cool people through this game and have some new friends from it. So I DL the patch, get my free Zod suit and all, and after reading some of the topics on here about the online community, I was thinking "it can't be THAT bad..."

It was! I go to Elseworld(the only room besides Brasil with anyone in it) and challenge a player with a record pretty much close to mine. We go to character select screen and I pick batgirl, my main from her day 1 arrival. He(assuming it was a he...) quits at the select screen and I think "oooookkkk?..." I then go to player match Survivor and get into a room where a guy using DS has an 8-0 record as the king. There are 3 guys yelling over the mic "someone beat this ***" and things like that. Then there was more things like "aww **** all he does is spam!" and more WAHHHH! things like that. After watching a few matches here is what I saw from the DS guy. Sword flip with mb here and there. Sword spin with mb here and there. Shooting when the opponent tried to play keep away from him. And that was pretty much it. It was working but REALLY pizzing these other guys off because it wasn't the way THEY wanted him to play. So after listening to them cuss him out and call him names I decide to turn my mic on(waste of time).

The next guy beats him with Ares. It should be noted the Ares guy started a win streak and this was his gameplan. Back away until opponent did something. Teleport behind opponent. Do a 5-6 hit combo(the same one). Rinse and repeat. Again, I have no problem with what he chose to do. Find a way around it and beat him! It is his game and he can play it however he wants, if not hacking. So I tell the guys to lay off the DS player, telling them just because he doesn't play how THEY want him to, doesn't mean he isn't playing "right". They won't quit yelling into the mics long enough to really listen to anything. One says "he should be doing combos if he is good" and I am like "umm he was winning repeatedly!" Another says he shouldn't be using the guns so much. I asked him if I used DS, how many times per match would be considered cool to use the guns. He told me that he didn't care, as long as I did a combo every now and then. I say "so he needs to play how YOU want him to then?" He says "just forget it, you don't understand".

The Ares guy continues winning with his same method, and I try to point out that he is "spamming" the one combo, and one could say they don't like playing like that because it is boring, just like they say about the DS player. BUT that it didn't matter because it is his game, and he should play how he can/wants to. They never understood. The main 2 guys sounded like the fat 50 year old in his mom's basement from the South Park episode and a 55 pound 13 year old McLovin wannabe goob. I finally just quit the lobby, and invited a friend to play in a private match.

The icing on the cake was when I went to the home page to message the friend to play, I saw I had a message. I figured it was one of the "salty"(as the kids say now) guys from the survivor lobby but I remember the user name(YaBoiCaMeRoN) as the one that quit when I picked Batgirl. The message says "spammer". That is all it said. He takes the time to send a message, calling me a spammer, when he quits at the character select screen, and has NO CLUE how I play! Simply because I picked Batgirl!?? Sad. I guess I will stick to playing my GF friends ONLY.
---
"These pretzels are making me thirsty"
#2xXxSuQingXinxXxPosted 10/10/2013 4:54:00 PM
stunSEED posted...
I figured it was one of the "salty"(as the kids say now)

Salty has been a term used for ages.

As for the rest, welcome to Injustice. Take a seat and get ready for the most oddly crafted fighting engine ever conceived by man.
---
PSN: Su-Qing-Xin
I like to play video games.
#3stunSEED(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 4:59:38 PM
xXxSuQingXinxXx posted...
stunSEED posted...
I figured it was one of the "salty"(as the kids say now)

Salty has been a term used for ages.

As for the rest, welcome to Injustice. Take a seat and get ready for the most oddly crafted fighting engine ever conceived by man.

What is sad is I got this at launch and I guess I either had a run of crap luck today with just those 2 experiences, or online has REALLY gone downhill....I bet the latter.

And ages isn't really defined but I guess you are meaning "a long long time". And that is NOT the case!
---
#4Ace_of_Spades90Posted 10/10/2013 5:05:35 PM(edited)
Sorry to hear that, man.

I'm new to Injustice myself (I got the game 2-3 months ago) and I've met a fair share of losers online, too. I'm not going to lie; I think this is one of the worst fighting communities. And I think a lot of that has to do with how accessible this game is. This is a projectile heavy game and, as such, people are going to resort to using projectiles 24/7. Is it annoying? Yeah. But it is what it is.

Also I feel like people rage quit, talk smack from their mics, and send hate mail much more than any other fighting game I've played. I use Catwoman and I've gotten hate mail for "spamming." Apparently you can "spam" Catwoman now? -_- It's like people will think up anything just to justify their loss because of, oh, I don't know? Self-esteem issues?

As for someone being agitated when you chose Batgirl, that's silly. Batgirl is annoying, not overpowered.

With that said, I say you should stick around if you love this game. But stick to fighting friends only : P
#5stunSEED(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 5:07:06 PM
Ace_of_Spades90 posted...
Sorry to hear that, man.

I'm new to Injustice myself (I got the game 2-3 months ago) and I've met a fair share of losers online, too. I'm not going to lie; I think this is one of the worst fighting communities. And I think a lot of that has to do with how accessible this game is. This is a projectile heavy game and, as such, people are going to resort to using projectiles 24/7. Is it annoying? Yeah. But it is what it is.

Also I feel like people rage quit, talk smack from their mics, and send hate mail much more than any other fighting game I've played. I use Catwoman and I've gotten hate mail for "spamming." Apparently you can "spam" Catwoman now? -_- It's like people will think up anything just to justify their loss because of, oh, I don't know? Self-esteem issues?

As for someone being agitated when you chose Batgirl, that's silly. Batgirl is annoying, not overpowered.

With that said, I say you should still around if you love this game. But stick to fighting friends only : P

Yeah I truly have to EARN my wins with her due to the low amount of damage she deals out. Add me if I don't have you alreay though. Anyone reading this also. My PSN is jimmyjam1. I have yet to find people like today in a Gamefaqs lobby.
---
#6Ace_of_Spades90Posted 10/10/2013 5:18:21 PM
I'll add you when I get on (usually on weekends). I use Catwoman, Arrow, and Zatanna. Though, I'm only decent with Catwoman, ha.

How about yourself? Do you use anyone else besides Batgirl?
#7stunSEED(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 5:33:02 PM
Ace_of_Spades90 posted...
I'll add you when I get on (usually on weekends). I use Catwoman, Arrow, and Zatanna. Though, I'm only decent with Catwoman, ha.

How about yourself? Do you use anyone else besides Batgirl?

I REALLY want to be good with Shazam but it doesn't usually work out for me! I like usng Arrow and him though. But yeah only decent with Batgirl.
---
#8generalguy64Posted 10/10/2013 6:14:03 PM
It's kinda funny, online players. They think they're hot s***, then they lose and get mad at the other person.
Did Deathstroke actually get a MB Sword Flip? I haven't used him (or played much) since the patch.
#9stunSEED(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 6:28:10 PM
generalguy64 posted...
It's kinda funny, online players. They think they're hot s***, then they lose and get mad at the other person.
Did Deathstroke actually get a MB Sword Flip? I haven't used him (or played much) since the patch.

Actually it may have been MB sword spin(or whatever it is called) and just using sword flip plain? Not really sure on too much about DS but it seemed he was doing something at the end of the flip. Maybe just adding a move at the end of it.
---
#10okest3r_13Posted 10/11/2013 2:06:34 PM
I must admit, I do get REALLY upset when someone keeps spamming me, but you do have a point. I guess it's a play style that those people find effective, nonetheless, they don't need to exploit it.