Rain from MK similar to Aquaman?

#1WeaponXfactorPosted 10/23/2013 7:41:50 PM
My main is Aquaman. I have a solid record and know every combo and set up he has (1654-689 is my record).

I just got MK and I want to main a character whose similar to aquaman. From what I know Rain (at least power wise) is similar to Aquaman because they both have control over water.

Are they similar and do they play alike? If not which character would match more to Aquaman.
#2Bobo_The_WhalePosted 10/23/2013 11:19:23 PM
Nope none. Only characters that resemble any MK characters is green lantern to ermac.
---
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/spectrumpigg
#3tom20_05Posted 10/24/2013 3:41:38 AM
You know every combo and setup? I doubt that. Not that I'm doubting your skill with him, but I guarantee there's stuff about him nobody knows yet. The game is still only around 6 months old.

Regards to MK; Rain and AM aren't anything alike besides their powers. AM has great zoning, Rain does not. AM has fast mixups that lead to big combos, Rain does not. There are very few characters that will relate to each other, or characters that you can 'pass over' to like you're trying to do with AM and Rain. Flash and Kabal are similar only because of speed. GL is only similar to Ermac because of the lift move and the whole green thing, otherwise nothing alike.

Best thing to do with MK is take your time and try different characters, find the one/ones that you like and learn those.
#4Bobo_The_WhalePosted 10/24/2013 8:43:36 AM
tom20_05 posted...
You know every combo and setup? I doubt that. Not that I'm doubting your skill with him, but I guarantee there's stuff about him nobody knows yet. The game is still only around 6 months old.

Regards to MK; Rain and AM aren't anything alike besides their powers. AM has great zoning, Rain does not. AM has fast mixups that lead to big combos, Rain does not. There are very few characters that will relate to each other, or characters that you can 'pass over' to like you're trying to do with AM and Rain. Flash and Kabal are similar only because of speed. GL is only similar to Ermac because of the lift move and the whole green thing, otherwise nothing alike.

Best thing to do with MK is take your time and try different characters, find the one/ones that you like and learn those.

You couldn't be more wrong. I see it this way. Ermac and green lantern are very much alike not because of the green and lift but because of the general use of him. Same combos, same mix ups, same zoning. Every single GL I have faced (I have played well over 1200 matches) have bee the same cookie cutter just like Ermac. Ermac users use the same combos, same mix ups, same zoning.

Also with aquaman, he isn't high damaging. He has consistent damage which makes him formidable, superman on the other hand has the high damage output. Flash has only a similarity to Kabal due speed and pressure bit with no zoning. Other than that, most to all characters are different from both games and it's better that way.
---
#5tom20_05Posted 10/24/2013 9:06:58 AM
Bobo_The_Whale posted...
I see it this way. Ermac and green lantern are very much alike not because of the green and lift but because of the general use of him. Same combos, same mix ups, same zoning. Every single GL I have faced (I have played well over 1200 matches) have bee the same cookie cutter just like Ermac. Ermac users use the same combos, same mix ups, same zoning.

Hmm, that's an incredibly ignorant statement. You're basing your character relevance on players rather than the characters themselves.

Same zoning with Ermac? Is this a joke? He has one projectile, there's no other way to zone than use that move. Unless you want to get technical and say his Air Blast keeps people out.

What you said could be said the same for every character.

Bobo_The_Whale posted...
Also with aquaman, he isn't high damaging. He has consistent damage which makes him formidable, superman on the other hand has the high damage output.

I guess compared to my characters he has high damage.

Bobo_The_Whale posted...
Flash has only a similarity to Kabal due speed and pressure bit with no zoning. Other than that, most to all characters are different from both games and it's better that way.

I don't really agree about the pressure. Yeah, they both have really good pressure, but it's different for both.

Flash relies on mixups and can get high 40's from either an overhead or low with his trait. The most Kabal can get from low is 8% from Buzzsaw and 11% from Tornado Slam (overhead). Unless he hits with his 1,1,B4 string into combo, but nobody should get caught by that. When Kabal hits with Nomad Dash, he'll get around 37% depending on how you started the combo.

I agree that it's better the characters are different.
#6Bobo_The_WhalePosted 10/24/2013 12:33:23 PM
tom20_05 posted...
Bobo_The_Whale posted...
I see it this way. Ermac and green lantern are very much alike not because of the green and lift but because of the general use of him. Same combos, same mix ups, same zoning. Every single GL I have faced (I have played well over 1200 matches) have bee the same cookie cutter just like Ermac. Ermac users use the same combos, same mix ups, same zoning.

Hmm, that's an incredibly ignorant statement. You're basing your character relevance on players rather than the characters themselves.

Same zoning with Ermac? Is this a joke? He has one projectile, there's no other way to zone than use that move. Unless you want to get technical and say his Air Blast keeps people out.

What you said could be said the same for every character.

Bobo_The_Whale posted...
Also with aquaman, he isn't high damaging. He has consistent damage which makes him formidable, superman on the other hand has the high damage output.

I guess compared to my characters he has high damage.

GL is LIKE Ermac in regards how he is a cookie cutter player. All players play exactly alike. If they can't get in with the same combo, then they sit back and zone from ground or air.

How many matches have you played?

Aquaman is consistent and placing a priority of the little amount of combos to get that high damage is a bad way to play it. Aquaman is about consistent combos that deal an even amount of damage through and through. Pokes or prods is what he does best.
---
#7squirrel_boyPosted 10/24/2013 12:35:57 PM
I feel like Raven is more like Ermac than Green Lantern is, though i never played Ermac much.
#8ArabAlPosted 10/24/2013 1:01:38 PM
squirrel_boy posted...
I feel like Raven is more like Ermac than Green Lantern is, though i never played Ermac much.

That's what I was thinking too. Merely because of the aesthetics and properties of both of their specials.
---
~Bear-Toe~
#9tom20_05Posted 10/24/2013 1:23:37 PM
Bobo_The_Whale posted...
GL is LIKE Ermac in regards how he is a cookie cutter player. All players play exactly alike. If they can't get in with the same combo, then they sit back and zone from ground or air.

Isn't that called 'adapting'? If up close isn't working, why would you continue to do it?
GL has more options than Ermac. Ermac doesn't have a low or overhead combo starter. GL's zoning is far superior to Ermac's. In fact, Ermac's zoning is more of a 'checking' tool.
I really don't see your point. If Batman players have trouble opening their opponent, they can zone, too. What point are you trying to make?

Bobo_The_Whale posted...
How many matches have you played?

I'll assume you mean MK. Impossible to say. Most likely around 10,000, perhaps more. I guarantee you that I'm more knowledgeable and more skillful than 98% of people online.

Bobo_The_Whale posted...
Aquaman is about consistent combos that deal an even amount of damage through and through. Pokes or prods is what he does best.

Define 'even'. He gets around 43%, right? I consider that a little above 'normal'. My characters get around 30 at most, one of them sacrifices damage for a setup, the other has low damage in general even with meter.

Not to mention AM's incredibly dumb MB Trident. Have you seen how much meter he builds and how much damage he does, just on block? It takes 7 on block for him to kill you.

I'm just getting back into Injustice, but I'm slowly realizing (again) how dumb it is sometimes.
#10United_WorldPosted 10/24/2013 8:04:45 PM
Bobo_The_Whale posted...
Nope none. Only characters that resemble any MK characters is green lantern to ermac.

Well this is wrong.
If anything, Raven is closer to Ermac.

And sorry, TC, but Rain and Aquaman play nothing alike.
---
Give it to me, baby.
http://s15.postimg.org/g9xum1xi3/instaquote_23_09_2013_22_41_18_1.png