Do Bane or Harley have any chance of countering a Deathstroke bullet spammer?

#1lainako12Posted 11/4/2013 2:37:43 PM(edited)
Just as an aside, I'm not saying I'm particularly good at this game, but this is why I prefer 3D games that let you parry projectiles (in MKvDC, being 3D, anyone could simply sidestep and attack while they use the frames required, which was a great way to discourage it, and MK didn't really have any major projectile issues imo). But that's beside the point, and my opinion about projectiles being WAY more effective in 2D games with no easy way to dodge them and advance, esp. with this much distance possible between characters.

Anyway, Bane gets a little armor during his charge, but it seems to not be based in damage as much as number of hits (which is VERY annoying when doing Strong attacks while he rapid-fires, wish they'd make it damage-based instead of #of hits).

Harley also has zero chance against Deathstroke because her projectiles have a lot more startup frames, so she can't counter with a Pop Pop.

I'm not trying to start another argument about how Deathstroke has so few cooldown times between his attacks (though I think it requires attention), but it makes playing all but a few characters very difficult, even with armored attacks.

Any suggestions at all? What are the possible ways of getting past his crazy barrage that always follows the sword flip that (imo stupidly) gives a lot of distance between you and him if he connects? It's such a fast move, it's extremely difficult to predict it, but even if you block it it causes significant knockback.

Which characters are the most capable of handling a Deathstroke spammer-scrub? Do Bane and Harley have any chance at all? I have the easiest time with Doomsday, but it's still not as easy as I think it should be against such a simple zoning strategy.

I really wish there were some basic parry-move (something like Juri's anti-projectile dash-counter from SFIV) for all projectiles that all characters could have, or just any universal way to punish that kind of strategy.
---
There's a thin line between obsessive and compulsive. It's a hyphen.
#2generalguy64Posted 11/4/2013 2:59:59 PM
Only thing I can think of for Harley is use her pistol. You can try jumping when they fire, but that may not work. You can block the bullets (unless he has his trait active) and then dash up and attack while he recovers.
#3DayManUHuhUUUHHPosted 11/4/2013 3:24:09 PM
Harley:
Back+Forward+3, block, and repeat.
Bane:
Level 3 Venom + Back+Forward+1.
---
marriage store
#4ConradimusPrimePosted 11/4/2013 3:27:54 PM
Yeah Bane has no trouble with Deathstroke. just Venom up and he's yours.

Harley I just jump and do her down angled pistols a lot to deal with Deathstroke spammers, or meter burned cupcakes.
#5Zato InfinitePosted 11/4/2013 4:36:27 PM
DayManUHuhUUUHH posted...
Harley:
Bane:

Wait, how many hits of armor does Bane get when he levels up to 3? I'm sorry I don't main him and was under the impression he always only gets one hit of armor no matter what level of venom he's at.
---
Hey guys! Zatanna got nerfed to the Heroes' side!
#6bend6000Posted 11/4/2013 5:34:32 PM
Zato Infinite posted...
Harley:
Bane:

Wait, how many hits of armor does Bane get when he levels up to 3? I'm sorry I don't main him and was under the impression he always only gets one hit of armor no matter what level of venom he's at.

Bane becomes immune to projectiles at level 3. Most projectiles, anyway (some projectiles do not count as projectiles apparently, like Green lantern's minigun).
---
*Proud follower of Jesus Christ*
#7Zato InfinitePosted 11/4/2013 5:53:14 PM
bend6000 posted...
Zato Infinite posted...
Harley:
Bane:

Bane becomes immune to projectiles at level 3. Most projectiles, anyway (some projectiles do not count as projectiles apparently, like Green lantern's minigun).

Well shnizzle me timbers..... I just learned something new today.
---
Hey guys! Zatanna got nerfed to the Heroes' side!
#8lainako12(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 9:54:58 PM
Zato Infinite posted...
bend6000 posted...
Zato Infinite posted...
Harley:
Bane:

Well shnizzle me timbers..... I just learned something new today.

Not so sure about that one. He can take a few hits, but only a few. I haven't tested it, but I don't think he's downright *immune* to projectiles. Maybe I missed it in the changelog, but I never saw that.
---
There's a thin line between obsessive and compulsive. It's a hyphen.
#9zaccman922Posted 11/5/2013 2:55:05 AM
Short answer: Yes.
#10Stev019Posted 11/5/2013 8:42:19 AM
bend6000 posted...
Zato Infinite posted...
Harley:
Bane:

It's not immune -.- He has armor when he has level 3 venom. Minigun just hits enough times to break the armor. Pretty sure deathstroke machine gun or his trait can beat this out too.
---
Who cares about all the blood when there's pickled babies?