Now that Capcom lost its Marvel license...

#31ChuckmcboundaryPosted 1/16/2014 11:33:49 AM
I think marvel and dc should make a fighting game because it would make both of them alot of money
#32MaTTF1980Posted 1/16/2014 9:26:11 PM
Zekenar posted...
Maelstrom52 posted...
Zekenar posted...
MaTTF1980 posted...
wb also owns the marvel rights when it comes to movies i belive so if they wanted to a marvel vs dc game and just used marvel theme movie skins for the marvel fighters they could do that. and teachily the dc rights when it comes to video games is own by alot of copmanys like rocksteady for one.

Nope.

Marvel Studios has the rights for Avengers,(and their solo movies) Sony has the rights to Spider-Man, and Fox has the rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four.

Fox LOST the rights to Fantastic Four, I believe.

No, they lost the rights to Daredevil.

how do you know i mean you think sony pictures did the spider-man movies where in fact it they were done by columbia pictures
#33ZekenarPosted 1/17/2014 4:51:01 AM
MaTTF1980 posted...
how do you know i mean you think sony pictures did the spider-man movies where in fact it they were done by columbia pictures

There is this wonderful invention called Google.

I never said Sony Pictures made the Spider-Man movies. I said Sony owns the movie rights, and guess who owns Columbia Pictures.
---
Alan Scott's weakness is wood. Hmm.....
Now it all makes sense.
#34Maelstrom52Posted 1/17/2014 2:29:47 PM
MaTTF1980 posted...
Zekenar posted...
Maelstrom52 posted...
Zekenar posted...
MaTTF1980 posted...
wb also owns the marvel rights when it comes to movies i belive so if they wanted to a marvel vs dc game and just used marvel theme movie skins for the marvel fighters they could do that. and teachily the dc rights when it comes to video games is own by alot of copmanys like rocksteady for one.

Nope.

Marvel Studios has the rights for Avengers,(and their solo movies) Sony has the rights to Spider-Man, and Fox has the rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four.

Columbia is under Sony Pictures, genius.
---
...and that's how I roll!
#35Maelstrom52Posted 1/17/2014 2:33:54 PM
Zekenar posted...
Maelstrom52 posted...
Zekenar posted...
MaTTF1980 posted...

Nope.

Ahhh....Ok, that makes sense.
---
...and that's how I roll!
#36MAthrillaPosted 1/17/2014 7:46:19 PM
kikook posted...
Maverickneo posted...
Do you think NRS or WB will pick this up?

I would love to see a Marvel vs DC game.

Granted, im sure Im going to get some hate for this comment but in all honestly, I like UMVC 3 but I cant STAND sitting there and having the opponent find an opening and getting a combo that kills my character while I go make a sandwhich.

You never will. Disney is very strict with licensing their characters. Chances are there will never be a fighting game with Marvel characters for a long time to come. Chances are, there will never be another Marvel fighter as good as the MVC series (being broken doesn't mean they aren't good games, balance issues are in all fighting games).

That said, WB owns DC, they never have to ask for character usage. However, Marvel/Disney does. While Disney owns Marvel, Marvel doesn't own all their characters anymore. This is readily shown in the movies. Such as how Magneto's son cannot be in the new X-men movie because he's owned by another studio.

That's why I hate Bryan Singer and his X-men movies so much. Quicksilver and Magneto aren't even related in the new movie.Here you have a chance explore a great father son dynamic and you pass it up just to give the middle finger to Marvel studios. Why even use him? And know Joss and his writing style, he'll probably reference Quicksilver being Magneto's son without even mentioning his name.
#37OmegaPillowPosted 1/26/2014 7:28:27 AM
I stopped caring about x men movies after the mess 3 made
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer 360: An Axe Murd3r3r capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163
#38MaTTF1980Posted 1/26/2014 9:51:02 PM
OmegaPillow posted...
I stopped caring about x men movies after the mess 3 made

i can say the samething about the spider-man movies after the 3rd one came out i hope if the reboot series makes it to a 3rd movie it makes up for how bad spider-man 3 was
#39RaiuPosted 2/3/2014 3:15:20 PM
kikook posted...
While Disney owns Marvel, Marvel doesn't own all their characters anymore. This is readily shown in the movies. Such as how Magneto's son cannot be in the new X-men movie because he's owned by another studio.

The characters that Marvel has licensed out for movies are just that - licensed out for movies, not video games or TV shows or anything else. Marvel still owns those characters. They can use any character they wanted in a hypothetical Marvel vs. DC game, just as they can use any character they want in Marvel Heroes or Marvel: Avengers Alliance.
---
-Raiutaryuu-