Injustice got me buying comics. How about you guys?

#1De-PandoPosted 1/13/2014 5:44:50 PM
To be fair, i had read some comics and saw some movies, but it wasn't until Injustice, and indeed this board, that finally got me into purchasing comics. So who else had injustice get them buying, or re-interested in them? Or people who lost interest because of injustice?
---
I keep waiting for Aldous Huxley's ghost to show up and say " I told you So!"
#2Aalz-7Posted 1/13/2014 10:55:47 PM
What comics did you buy?
---
Psn: Aalz-7
#3mrnickloPosted 1/14/2014 2:42:49 AM
I started with the new 52 batman.
---
PSN: mrnicklo
#4ZekenarPosted 1/14/2014 3:41:55 AM
The new 52 got me into reading comics, at least on a regular basis. I love most of the new designs, and since it was a sort-of reboot, it was a good starting point.
---
Alan Scott's weakness is wood. Hmm.....
Now it all makes sense.
#5De-Pando(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 10:20:59 AM
Aalz-7 posted...
What comics did you buy?

New 52 Nightwing 2, Justice League1 and new guardians 1 for DC. Venom Lethal protector and Maximum carnage for marvel. Have JL 2 and 3 and new guardians 2 ordered.
---
I keep waiting for Aldous Huxley's ghost to show up and say " I told you So!"
#6ChuckmcboundaryPosted 1/17/2014 11:33:13 PM
I was buying comic before it came out and nightwings hair just errks me (in the comics damians hair looks like dicks injustice hair, and dick is ment to have longer hair) also it makes me mad because i read supergirl and redhood and outlaws and the dlc characters they pick are batgirl and scorpion, i mean come on red hood is way cooler then batgirl, supergirl would have been awesome to play as, everybody want starfire in the game (but thats because of the teen titans tv show) and roy harper is one of my favs. The only reason why scorpion is in the game is because NR wanted a mk character in the game, rorschach would have been better.
#7fuzzyslippers2Posted 1/19/2014 10:03:07 AM
Same here.

Ended up starting with Wonder Woman because I regularly see it hyped as the best book currently in the New 52 and have since read up on a lot of other titles. I go to my local comicbook store every Wednesday now. :)
#8sevil_yelimsPosted 1/19/2014 4:34:26 PM
The prequel Injustice comics are also really good. Used to casually buy comics when I was younger, but recently I've been going the digital route.
---
I want it all.
#9lilpadPosted 1/20/2014 9:52:10 AM
It got me back into comics. Started picking up

Aquaman (by far my favorite title)
Earth 2
Batman
Batgirl
Justice League
#10mixedlionPosted 1/22/2014 8:39:08 AM
Yes. Injustice actually sparked my interest in the DC Universe.

Read Wonder Woman's Odyssey (loved it) and New 52 (meh) runs, as well as Nightwing's New 52 (which is awesome).

I usually purchase the graphic novels from Barnes & Nobles (a habit that started back in my manga days).
---
My Pokemon Y A-Team- Greninja, Talonflame, Blastoise, Tyrantrum, Raichu, Yveltal