What's the tier list look like for this game?

#1DarksteelPosted 2/25/2014 9:49:24 AM
Just curious
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
http://i.minus.com/i6ZEx9kL5urlO.gif
#2AresWarriorPosted 2/25/2014 10:49:57 AM
I don't think there's an established tier list for this game yet, it's too early. I know MMH and Zod are at least top 3. A lot of characters are in the middle. Bottom looks like Joker and Ares but then again it's too early to say for sure.
---
PSN: RedRaptor10
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/RedRaptor10
#3BlackViper415Posted 2/26/2014 12:44:35 AM
Scorpion and Joker are generally considered the two worst as of right now, then Shazam, then it starts to get fuzzy. But this game is so well balanced it doesn't really matter that much. If Joker gets you in the corner, he can be deadly. If Scorpion gets you in the vortex, he can be deadly. Tiers don't really matter too much in the game, it's match-up knowledge that's important.
---
I have never contributed anything useful to this board.
#4Project MayhemPosted 2/26/2014 11:40:59 AM
BlackViper415 posted...
Scorpion and Joker are generally considered the two worst as of right now, then Shazam, then it starts to get fuzzy. But this game is so well balanced it doesn't really matter that much. If Joker gets you in the corner, he can be deadly. If Scorpion gets you in the vortex, he can be deadly. Tiers don't really matter too much in the game, it's match-up knowledge that's important.

I totally agree with you. For casual players like me it's all about the match up knowledge. I would like to add though that there comes to a point where some pro players get so good that tier lists actually do come into play.

I myself am a tier whore. I like to choose the characters that are at the bottom of the tier list just for ****s and giggles. Til this day I haven't touched Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, etc....... I guess that makes me a reverse tier whore.
---
Your body are a bomb. Now... you die!
#5xXSkipBaylessXxPosted 2/26/2014 2:03:12 PM
It's been a long time and a balance patch since I played this game, but when I did last, the tiers looked like this:
Near OP Tier:
Superman
Black Adam

Really Good Tier:
Aquaman
Doomsday
Green Lantern
Scorpion (After the nerf that let you crouch under teleport)

Competitive Tier:
Grundy
Green Arrow
Batman
Cyborg (After nerfs and after they butchered IAF)
Deathstroke (After they nerfed everything)
Nightwing
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter

Not-So Competitive Tier:
The Flash
Raven
Killer Frost
Ares
Harley Quinn
Batgirl
Hawkgirl
Catwoman
General Zod

Suicide Tier:
Sinestro
Lex Luthor
Shazam
Zatanna
Bane
The Joker
Lobo

Current list has Bane, Martian Manhunter, Zod, Killer Frost, Batgirl, all much better, with Manhunter as arguably the best character in the game. On the other hand, Grundy and Scorpion dropped significantly, and Superman and Black Adam got much deserved nerfs as well.
---
CE's resident expert on everything.
My word is fact.
#6LordRattergunPosted 2/26/2014 2:17:14 PM
King Tier.
Supez tha 6'4"

Who Cares Tier
Everyone else.
---
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg
#7zaccman922Posted 2/26/2014 2:26:17 PM
Here's my top 5.

1. MMH
2. Aquaman
3. Zod
4. Batgirl
5. Sinestro
#8awalrusPosted 2/26/2014 4:21:49 PM
1. Mmh
2. Zod
3. Aquaman

I am of the belief that zod will eventually take over number one once people figure out man hunter and zod execution improves.

Also since everyone is in love with top 5s I will add

4. Batgirl
5. Black Adam

Once again this will be changing over time. I could easily see superman or batman re entering the top 5. The flash also could easily jump in there as well now that people are learning all of the insane setups he has
---
GT: IJS Spine Rip
www.injusticesociety.com