Lobo advice?

#1Zato InfinitePosted 2/27/2014 10:31:41 AM
Any of you guys got any bnb's for Lobo? I just started messing with him and I'm terrible at him. I could use some help learning him.

1) What are some good combos for him?
2) What do people use for jump ins? JI1 or JI2?
3) I know he's great at mid range but what are his options to keep pressure?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
---
Hey guys! Zatanna got nerfed to the Heroes' side!
#2ConradimusPrimePosted 2/28/2014 7:03:08 PM
His dive kick type move is really good, since it hits overhead, has good priority and gets a knockdown (you can use it to bait out a lot of stuff since its so quick, and then bait out wakeup attacks and punish with some nuclear shells)
#3ZekenarPosted 3/1/2014 9:16:10 AM
Do not overuse Hook Charge. Use it sparingly and be as random as possible with it. Keep trait loaded as much as possible. His most useful combo string is 1,1,3, pretty much anything can be done after it. Jump 2 is great for jump ins and cross-ups. His low Space Hook(I think that's what it is called) tends to catch a lot of people off guard, and it ends with them at your feet.

Most of my BnBs are the same up to Czarnian Toss.
j2,b2,u1, 1,1,3, MB Czarnian Toss, end with one of the following;
1,2,1+3 46%
f2,1,db2, with trait or MB is 53%
b2,u1,db1 46-48%(can't remember exactly)

Czarnian Toss is a bit tricky to get down, but it's worth it. I think you can actually get a b3 after CT with good timing. It's really strict, and I don't have the patience or the desire to learn it. I do just fine without it.

Also his b1,2,1+3 string is useful for people who like to block high.
---
Alan Scott's weakness is wood. Hmm.....
Now it all makes sense.
#4Project MayhemPosted 3/1/2014 2:36:46 PM
Zekenar posted...
Do not overuse Hook Charge. Use it sparingly and be as random as possible with it. Keep trait loaded as much as possible. His most useful combo string is 1,1,3, pretty much anything can be done after it. Jump 2 is great for jump ins and cross-ups. His low Space Hook(I think that's what it is called) tends to catch a lot of people off guard, and it ends with them at your feet.

Most of my BnBs are the same up to Czarnian Toss.
j2,b2,u1, 1,1,3, MB Czarnian Toss, end with one of the following;
1,2,1+3 46%
f2,1,db2, with trait or MB is 53%
b2,u1,db1 46-48%(can't remember exactly)

Czarnian Toss is a bit tricky to get down, but it's worth it. I think you can actually get a b3 after CT with good timing. It's really strict, and I don't have the patience or the desire to learn it. I do just fine without it.

Also his b1,2,1+3 string is useful for people who like to block high.

I have been messing with Lobo for about a month now and I'm glad that it's not that I suck when it comes to b3 after the MB Czarnian Toss but someone else also agrees with the strict timing.

The ji 2 is a great tool and is better than ji1 but I like the ji1 better for air to air.

Zekenar covered the combos so I'm gonna go into what I think about the character. When I play Lobo I always make sure I have the Nuclear Shells loaded. Even the basic 113 MB Shot Gun Blast combo will give you well over 30% damage (can't remember exactly how much). The Shot Gun Blast comes out very quick and even with it's short range it will get people to back off. The MB version has a much farther range and higher damage out put.

The Low Space Hook and the Hook Charge are great tools to keep people guessing because the LSH is low while the HC is an overhead. If I am desperate I will keep people guessing and use them a few times in a row just to try to eat up some of their life. The HC is also great for covering ground quickly if you need to get in.

Another useful move I really like is the Jump and and then d3 in mid air. Lobo does a head dive into the opponent at an angle. The cool thing about it is it can be executed right away after a jump and can catch a lot of people off guard.

His db1 is an anti air throw. I know it's slower than the other anti air throws in the game but if the opponent is predictable you can get them with this for extra damage. Like the other anti air throws it has huge range. I've even been able to catch people when they're trying to jump away from me.

Lobo is a great mid range character and is also good at the rush down. His problem in the rush down is the fact that he is very reliant on meter. He's doesn't really have any tools at full screen but he can easily close the distance with his dash (one of the best in the game next to the Flash's) and his Hook Chain. His jump and d3 is not bad either as it comes out quickly and at a sharp angle. He can easily go head to head with some of the top tier guys in the game as long as he is patient and cautious enough when it comes to closing the distance.
---
Your body are a bomb. Now... you die!
#59000dirtyfartsPosted 3/2/2014 1:25:27 AM
Anybody know what to do after his B3 after his command grab? It just seems like you can't connect jump attacks after it.
---
Don't call it a grave, its the fate you chose.
#6ZekenarPosted 3/2/2014 4:49:05 AM
9000dirtyfarts posted...
Anybody know what to do after his B3 after his command grab? It just seems like you can't connect jump attacks after it.

Never been able to get b3 out after CT consistently enough to know for sure, but you could try
f2,1,3
f2,1,db2
b2,u1,db1. Pretty sure not much else will connect after u1. Maybe Hook Charge.
You could walk forward and do 1,2,1+3.

As always make sure to keep trait loaded. Sometimes it's cool to load shells after 1,1,3 instead of going into a full combo. Makes your opponent wonder what you're planning.
---
Alan Scott's weakness is wood. Hmm.....
Now it all makes sense.
#7Zato Infinite(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2014 12:17:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8Project MayhemPosted 3/2/2014 6:55:00 PM
Here's two combos I've been using that does about 40+% damage.

ji2, 113xxMB Czarnian Toss, b2u1xxdb1
ji2, b2u1, 113xxMB Czarnian Toss, f21xx-> Low Hook or Hook Charge (your choice) I think the Low Hook does slightly more damage.

You can meter burn the last moves in the combos but I think the damage scaling makes it not worth the meter.

Like Zek said, try to make sure you have trait up as that really increases the damage of the Shot Gun Blasts:

ji2, 113xxMB Shot Gun Blast- without trait it does about 28% but with trait it'll get you into the low 40's%.

The Shot Gun Blasts come out quick and the range increases with the trait up. Hitting MB SGB with trait up does an ASS load of damage- high 20's% if I recall correctly.

These are the combos I use but remember: Lobo has excellent tools at the mid range. Sometimes just alternating the Hook Charge and Low Hook will net you some decent damage. I'm not saying to spam. I'm just saying they are great tools to use to get yourself ahead or even win a close match.

Getting the trait up is also a must. As mentioned by Zek you can use 113 into trait but b12, 112, and f21 are also great, too. The only thing stopping Lobo from being a great rushdown character is his meter usage. He eats up meter like it's candy so you really have to figure out what you're willing to risk just for that extra damage.
---
Your body are a bomb. Now... you die!