Do I need to have the Injustice PS3 game to buy it on PS4 for the upgrade?

#1HakuMan111386Posted 3/2/2014 7:19:52 AM
My dilemma is that I don't expect a PS4 until April, and that's after the whole PS3 -> PS4 upgrade ends. I bought Injustice but I am not getting it for a few days. I have about $10 on my PSN. My question is - that can I go on my friend's PS4, sign in, buy the upgrade, and download the game to his PS4 so it's in my PS4 download history, and he deletes the game?

Is there a need for the PS3 Injustice disc at all during this process? I don't think I will see my friend until way after I get my Injustice copy shipped to my apartment. Can I just spend the $10 on the PS4's PSN store and have the PS4 Injustice in my download history so I can just access the game when I get my PS4?

Help would be appreciated. I apologize for repeating myself if I did. Thanks!
#2dantedeschain13Posted 3/2/2014 7:57:11 AM
Buy the Ultimate edition. Use the voucher (should work on your system). Buy the game. You put the PS3 disk in the PS4 to play it once you've done this, so don't toss the disk.
---
F*** you, Desert Bluffs
#3HakuMan111386(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2014 8:03:42 AM
dantedeschain13 posted...
Buy the Ultimate edition. Use the voucher (should work on your system). Buy the game. You put the PS3 disk in the PS4 to play it once you've done this, so don't toss the disk.

Oh I need the voucher? I see. Thnx.
#4dantedeschain13Posted 3/2/2014 10:18:23 AM
HakuMan111386 posted...
dantedeschain13 posted...

Oh I need the voucher? I see. Thnx.

Correct, it's the only way they can verify you own a copy and not just borrowing a disk from a friend
---
F*** you, Desert Bluffs