Why do people say SF4 has more depth/difficulty than Injustice?

#21Dos_PacPosted 3/30/2014 7:06:18 PM
Zekenar posted...
Anomalycad posted...
Injustice has way more depth and is beyond Street Fighter hands down. Street Fighter is just combos and supers and focus attacks which also goes back to combos, Injustice is combos, supers, background elements, background supers and much much more.The only thing street fighter has is quicker, and smoother game play. However, still Injustice makes Street Fighter look like a half done job

Depth is NOT what is available to all characters, depth is NOT different characters having different play-styles. True depth is how many different ways people can utilize the tools that are available.

Green Lantern gets picked on quite often with "if you've fought one GL, you've fought them all." While that's true, it's not just GL that is like this, it's the whole Injustice roster. In SF, fight Ryu five times, and chances are, you'll fight five different play-styles

That's true about fighting 5 different Ryu's. I've fought a Hadoken happy Ryu that wants to stay the hell away from me. I have also fought a Ryu that would only react to my movement he humiliated me the 1st round then I almost had him the second, but I was not as patient as he was to win that match.

Some of the guys I fought in SF react different to who ever I chose while in Injustice it's the same tactic overall no matter who I have.

As for Injustice combos for me it's hard to memorize every combo for every character. Also I'm terrible at the long combos. I've gotten lucky w/ GL BM and WW before, but for the most part I don't link the special after my dial a combo at the right time.

SF I don't worry about not having to know complicated combos. P p sonic boom kinda combos have gotten me by for years. Also SF tends to pair me up against opponents I stand a chance against most of the times.
---
"I heard it's poppin at a club, but they say I can't get in cuz I'm dressed like a thug." -2Pac
GT: CH Brown1
#22xxfolkcorexxPosted 4/7/2014 2:23:29 AM
Everyone says " oh man it doesn't look that hard etc etc"

Then you play it and realize how hard it is to be consistent, you realize how the game does not hold your hand at all, you realize how hard it is to capitalize on those little openings, you realize how hard it is to go from footsies to knockdown games in your favor and so much more. oh and if you want to capitalize hard with basically any high tier character you have learn to do 1 frame links out of your ass any time of the day....
---
hnnnnnnnnng
#23ZekenarPosted 4/7/2014 4:09:08 AM
xxfolkcorexx posted...
Everyone says " oh man it doesn't look that hard etc etc"

Then you play it and realize how hard it is to be consistent, you realize how the game does not hold your hand at all, you realize how hard it is to capitalize on those little openings, you realize how hard it is to go from footsies to knockdown games in your favor and so much more. oh and if you want to capitalize hard with basically any high tier character you have learn to do 1 frame links out of your ass any time of the day....

I take it this is in reference to SF?
---
There are two types of people in this world,
DBZ fans, and closet DBZ fans
#24lainako12Posted 4/8/2014 9:14:05 AM
Uh, I know it's not exactly a sensation to say this like it should be, but both games are pretty deep, and both games also have serious problems.

I don't care if you're for one or the other, you're wrong on both counts. I think both of them need an astonishing amount of work. Talk about all the problems you want as being more or less important, they're all dangerously frustrating ones that apply to at least one or often both games.

That's how these things work, and why many people in this thread need to calm down and stop saying things that literally make me avoid the unrestrained clinical insanity of the Internet for days at a time.
---
There's a thin line between obsessive and compulsive. It's a hyphen.
#25ZekenarPosted 4/8/2014 11:03:44 AM
lainako12 posted...
Uh, I know it's not exactly a sensation to say this like it should be, but both games are pretty deep, and both games also have serious problems.

I don't care if you're for one or the other, you're wrong on both counts. I think both of them need an astonishing amount of work. Talk about all the problems you want as being more or less important, they're all dangerously frustrating ones that apply to at least one or often both games.

That's how these things work, and why many people in this thread need to calm down and stop saying things that literally make me avoid the unrestrained clinical insanity of the Internet for days at a time.

Please point out the "serious problems" in both games. As well as how both games are "pretty deep." You make statements and do not offer a reason. At least the other posters in this thread, regardless of their position, have offered reasons as to why they believe what they do.
---
#26lainako12Posted 4/8/2014 1:48:44 PM
I would reply to Zekenar directly, but I realized everything he says is the exact opposite of "beneficial to the discussion and totally not trolling the obvious", so he's on my ignore list for the time being. Just not worth the trouble dealing with that kind of person.

But to answer the question as a courtesy: Everyone else has already stated tons of reasons if my message was the first one you happened to read, not just in this thread, but almost anywhere this kind of thing is discussed. And it's definitely discussed to death. I don't need to repeat what's already been discussed ad nauseam for years on end with regards to SFIV or any of its way-already-established communities.
---
#27Project MayhemPosted 4/8/2014 2:29:38 PM
lainako12 posted...

I'm not sure why you're telling people to calm down. It seems everybody here is having a civilized discussion.
#28lainako12Posted 4/8/2014 3:56:06 PM
Project Mayhem posted...
lainako12 posted...

I'm not sure why you're telling people to calm down. It seems everybody here is having a civilized discussion.

Yeah, I guess you're right, compared to every other thread I've seen. It's actually kind of refreshing, now that I look at it again. Most people actually are keeping themselves pretty sensible. I think "depth" is a weird thing to discuss in the first place, since even Divekick is pretty damned hard, so I overreacted.

It actually is a pretty decent discussion, especially considering the lack of a real definition of "depth". I'll take it back and apologize.

I really miss Injustice during its prime, though, before the online scene boiled down so quickly to pros-only. It took MK years to get to that point, I didn't expect Injustice to experience it so much faster. I'm sad about it, to be honest, especially for the PC version, because this game had so much potential that seemed to be wasted on that "too much to turn away newbies" effect being so prominent.
---
#29Project MayhemPosted 4/8/2014 4:04:12 PM
^ Hey, man, it's cool. I understand where you're coming from, though as these topics almost always degenerate to flame wars. I'm just really glad this one hasn't turned into one of those and the insights of the people here are interesting. I myself haven't played the game in a while but the last guy I picked up was Lobo. Been rocking Ares since Day 1 and picked up Shazam along the way.
#30ZekenarPosted 4/8/2014 8:59:21 PM
lainako12 posted...
I would reply to Zekenar directly, but I realized everything he says is the exact opposite of "beneficial to the discussion and totally not trolling the obvious", so he's on my ignore list for the time being. Just not worth the trouble dealing with that kind of person.

But to answer the question as a courtesy: Everyone else has already stated tons of reasons if my message was the first one you happened to read, not just in this thread, but almost anywhere this kind of thing is discussed. And it's definitely discussed to death. I don't need to repeat what's already been discussed ad nauseam for years on end with regards to SFIV or any of its way-already-established communities.

In other words, you have nothing.
---