I hate how once your win record gets too big, you aren't allowed to have fun

#1BellethorPosted 6/24/2014 7:39:43 PM
This pretty much goes for all fighting games whether it's UMVC3 or SF4. Once your win record gets too high, you can't really experiment anymore outside of the character that you know inside and out or else people will talk mad trash to you. For example, today I just got home from work after 9 grueling hours and hopped on the Xbox, and I got on ranked and thought I'd try something different and picked Green Arrow against some guy playing Bane. Of course this being one of the most terrible matchups ever, on a stage I can do nothing on, with a character that is pure unadulterated ass and it being right after work I get blown up in the corner. Then this guy sends me 50 messages in a row about how he loves putting people with giant positive win records like me in their "place". I sent him a message for a rematch against my real character (Lobo) which he refuses and then continues to inflate his ego with message after message. Some people are just truly pathetic in every sense of the word.
---
Playing: Injustice, UMVC3, USF4, Dark Souls, Diablo 3, DMC3/4
#givethawkagun
#2KDowahPosted 6/25/2014 5:46:53 AM
I'd say player match is the way to go for trying out other characters, because you can body them with your main first and then pick another character to goof about with should they decide to rematch. Ranked is ranked after all, so most people are playing to win, despite there being virtually no difference from player match. But hey, if he refuses to play you again then he clearly knows his win was a fluke.
---
"Claire, that's disgusting."
#3Bellethor(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2014 6:10:32 AM
KDowah posted...
I'd say player match is the way to go for trying out other characters, because you can body them with your main first and then pick another character to goof about with should they decide to rematch. Ranked is ranked after all, so most people are playing to win, despite there being virtually no difference from player match. But hey, if he refuses to play you again then he clearly knows his win was a fluke.

I'm usually on player match half the time unless nobody is in player and everyone is in ranked which happens a lot.

Lol if I wanted to play for keeps I would be playing at a local tourney and not with some random butthole online. Dude was so proud of himself too, it was pretty sad.
---
#givethawkagun
#4DEADLY SHAD0WPosted 6/25/2014 5:09:37 PM
Theres a lot of times where im testing out a new character and my opponent just barely pulls a victory on me. They just immediately leave right after that knowing that they'll most likely lose the rematch.
---
#5LordRattergunPosted 6/25/2014 7:46:55 PM
Losing to Bane?

Good going, scrub.
---
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg
#6Bellethor(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2014 8:10:41 PM
LordRattergun posted...
Losing to Bane?

Good going, scrub.

Not everybody can play as Superman and bring down the lasers of doom. That's hard work. Let me stick to my crappy GA normals and zoning that requires a smoke break every 2-3 shots.
---
#givethawkagun
#7YoshioKSTPosted 6/26/2014 6:59:21 PM
It varies. I've found this game's community to be especially toxic.
---
We await together, prayers sleeping though time;
Crystals witnessing forever, Etro's eternal paradigm.
#8awalrusPosted 7/4/2014 12:19:49 AM
I've had a few similar experiences with morons like that but honestly none worse than street fighter. Seemed like every other time I played I'd get a message saying something to the effect of "go back to injustice/mk you scrub" no matter if I won or lost.
---
GT: IJS Spine Rip
www.injusticesociety.com
#9KCJ5062Posted 7/4/2014 10:04:07 AM
This is pretty much why I made it so that no one other than people on my friend list can send me messages.
#10ByakokoPosted 7/4/2014 4:00:30 PM
Fight one green arrow.... you fight them all, i hate picking a rushdown against him he kills the fun quickly -.- i fear for mkX i want to buy it i hope its nothing like this damn game