"I'm just gonna sit here and wait for you to pick first so I can counterpick"

#1DEADLY SHAD0WPosted 7/4/2014 3:29:42 PM(edited)
- The mentality of most online Injustice and Mortal Kombat players.

Just pick whoever the hell you want, I dont understand why so many people rely on counterpicking, treating this game like its rock paper scissors.
---
#2zaccman922Posted 7/5/2014 3:10:33 AM
I'm really glad you brought this up.

Have you ever considered that maybe the person isn't counter picking? That maybe they're actually doing something in RL that doesn't involve the game? Sometimes yes, people counter pick, but others are just doing something while the clock runs out.
#3KCJ5062Posted 7/5/2014 7:02:49 AM
This reminds me of how I was trying out Deathstroke and as soon as I picked him the other person(having already picked his character) would go back and pick Scorpion. This was annoying me so much that one time when a person did this I went and picked Doomsday. Then the other person disconnected.

They should have just made it so you don't see who the other person picked until the match is about to start(like in Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Super Street Fighter 4). I know you can hide your cursor, but the problem is that you can't see it either and you may end up picking the wrong character by mistake.
#4zaccman922Posted 7/7/2014 1:39:52 PM
DEADLY SHAD0W posted...

Just pick whoever the hell you want, I dont understand why so many people rely on counterpicking, treating this game like its rock paper scissors.

I have a question for you. When the person just sits there, what do you do? Do you pick your character anyway or do you wait as well?
#5DEADLY SHAD0W(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 12:47:08 AM
zaccman922 posted...
I'm really glad you brought this up.

Have you ever considered that maybe the person isn't counter picking? That maybe they're actually doing something in RL that doesn't involve the game? Sometimes yes, people counter pick, but others are just doing something while the clock runs out.

What? All the time? If this didn't happen often, I wouldn't be making this topic. If maybe they're actually doing something in RL that doesn't involve the game, then maybe they should get it done before turning on their PS3, let alone going online and accepting a match. Maybe that would make sense. If maybe they're actually doing something in RL that doesn't involve the game, then maybe they wouldn't counter pick IMMEDIATELY after I pick my character.
---
#6AlxanderVIIPosted 7/8/2014 12:48:14 AM
KCJ5062 posted...
I know you can hide your cursor, but the problem is that you can't see it either and you may end up picking the wrong character by mistake.

another problem is they instantly assume you are picking a ****** character so they counter pick with another ****** caracter
---
400% more awesome! Also, Torgue doesn't make their guns out of freakin' wood!!!!!!
#7ShaolinAcedPosted 7/8/2014 11:45:03 AM
Should be good enough to beat their counter pick. This is online after all.
---
GT: EAZYACE
#8cazza_mrPosted 7/8/2014 11:45:19 AM
I don't care let them counter pick I only go green arrow. I had somebody pick green arrow before I did but I still went him to (mirror match) after I won got a msg telling me to stop counter picking !! I didn't know it was possible for a counter pick to be the same character lol
---
Psn profile - cazzamr
Trophys platinum-10, gold-96, silver-396, bronze-1606, total-2108
#9DEADLY SHAD0W(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 10:01:18 AM
zaccman922 posted...
DEADLY SHAD0W posted...

I have a question for you. When the person just sits there, what do you do? Do you pick your character anyway or do you wait as well?

I always pick my character as soon as the selection screen comes up.

ShaolinAced posted...
Should be good enough to beat their counter pick. This is online after all.

I win the majority of my online matches even if they counterpick. I'm not complaining about the fact that people are giving me a difficult time with their counterpicks, im just pointing out the fact that so many online players are extremely desperate to win.
---