Strategy Guide Question

#1MoltenManPosted 3/27/2013 12:35:04 PM
I'm not one for buying strategy guides, but I do try to get them with my fighting games so I can see each characters movelist, strategies, etc.

I know of two guides available for Injustice, the standard guide and the collector's edition. Right now I have just the standard guide on reserve at GameStop, just wanting the cheaper barebones stuff, but I was just looking at the contents of the collector's edition, and if I'm mistaken, the standard guide only has:

"In-depth breakdown of every character including Basic Attacks, Special Moves and Combos."

Where the collector's edition has:

"Know your moves complete move lists for all characters, including their strengths and weaknesses."

So in order to see each characters COMPLETE movelists I'd have to get the collector's edition? The wording is weird enough that I'm not sure if the standard version WILL have all of that or not.

I dunno, what do you folks think?
#2GreaverzPosted 3/27/2013 3:03:17 PM
Im pretty sure that both strategy guides contain full move sets, just the collectors edition will contain the weaknesses and strengths on characters. I personally think strategy guides are pointless but hey that's my opinion.
---
SFxT: Heihachi/JACK-X/Ken/Ogre
Gamertag: AoS x Starz
#3GorillaNDaMistPosted 3/27/2013 6:01:44 PM
I have never bought a strategy guide for a game before, but I will be getting the Collectors Edition. It will be good for toilet reading. ;P
---
Kim :)
#4Omega_PyroPosted 3/27/2013 6:39:26 PM
I'd wait for the internet to figure out all the better combos, strengths and weaknesses the guide people didn't see, and free movesets on gamefaqs.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, that's just honestly what I think/do.
---
"My plans are always practical! It's the laws of physics that get in the way of my success." - Red Mage
#5Omega_PyroPosted 3/27/2013 6:42:19 PM
Oh, and just as a reminder of how a little time and the internet change things. For MvC3, at first the pros thought no-one would Spencer and Vergil wasn't that great. If you don't follow the scene...they soon became a couple of the most used, top tier characters.
---
"My plans are always practical! It's the laws of physics that get in the way of my success." - Red Mage
#6CalebtinePosted 3/27/2013 6:51:51 PM
These newer fighting games have the movesets listed in the game.
---
3DS 4725 7959 9184
XBL WerewolfWario
#7GreaverzPosted 3/27/2013 7:11:45 PM
Hmm every fighting game has movesets in the actual game. I don't see why these strategy guides are even worth buying. Movesets are in the game, strengths and weaknesses will be posted on the internet. Unless you're planning on sticking it to the wall with a stapler I honestly think it's pointless.
---
SFxT: Heihachi/JACK-X/Ken/Ogre
Gamertag: AoS x Starz
#8MoltenMan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 11:12:48 AM
I think it's kind of nice to have it open right next to you rather than pausing the game over and over and selecting to view the movelist and backing out to get back into it.

Weird how a question about the guide itself turned into whether or not guides were worth getting or not.
#9JoustXPosted 4/2/2013 5:14:27 PM
I dont usually get strategy guides, that's what the internet is for.

However, in this case I will be getting the Collector's Edition, because from what I'm reading it doubles as an art book, and I'm a pretty big DC Nerd.
#10shagadelicPosted 4/2/2013 5:41:48 PM(edited)
Collectors edition:

Exclusive lithograph
Injustice: Gods Among Us comic book chapter
from DC Comics
Huge art section of Heroes & Villains with concepts of game environments.
High quality dust jacket for protecting the guide or hanging as a poster
Includes all the content from the standard edition

Standard edition:

Authored by Major League Gaming Top Players!
Tournament champions teach you how to use advanced strategies and combos.
In-depth breakdown of every character including Basic Attacks, Special Moves and Combos.
All interactive objects and arena transitions explored, letting you take advantage of every stage to its fullest.
Learn which characters best match your play style and expand your fighting roster.

You're safe with just the standard edition, which is what I will be picking up as well.