Is it me or is Green Arrow's Queen's Gambit chain just too good?

#1MrGreenonionPosted 4/17/2013 2:52:29 AM
It's the last combo on his movelist, the F+M,D+L,H one. The second hit is low, and then the third right after that is overhead. The time between those two hits is pretty short, and even if it's successfully guarded, it's +1 on block. The startup is a little slow (movelist says 17 frames for the combo, but F+M is just 13 and I don't see how the first hit can be slowed down because of buttons you haven't pressed yet), but given how fast frames seem to be in Injustice, I doubt it's slow enough that you can counterhit on reaction.

By itself it doesn't do a lot of damage, and while in the corner you can straight up juggle off it, from midscreen it has too much knockback for most followups. Just about the only things you can combo off it from midscreen seem to be super and the trait button arrows. Which means you can follow it up with an ice arrow, dash in, and land a full combo. Off a low/overhead chain that's safe on block. And all this on a character with a decent dash who's totally comfortable at range. Am I missing something or is this totally nuts?
---
SuperNiceDog didn't have to reconcile his name...
But Dauntless Hunter is now MrGreenonion
#2MonitorPosted 4/17/2013 5:24:12 AM
Man,

I didn't understand a word of what you just said...kinda. You must be one of the people who are really really good at fighting games.

All I do know is that the Queens Gambit move is a pretty kick ass combo to use. All the rest of that stuff went over my head.

My hat is off to you.
---
Monitor
Lost in Skyrim...when I am not playing DC Universe Online
#3antidemyxPosted 4/17/2013 5:47:51 AM(edited)
I also thing its extremly good. Not really because how fast it is but because instead of the overhead you can shoot an arrow low or just do an arrow and instead of shooting backdash.

You can do the whole string into any of his arrows and its really good.
If you have a freeze arrow loaded up you can do this string into it midscreen, get them frozen, dash up into a back 3 and go from there.
---
pearl FC 1933-7148-3675 brawl 0001 -29910757
#4Enix BelmontPosted 4/17/2013 5:53:24 AM
I'll keep it in mind. Ive been messing around with him but I have no idea where to start or how he should be played. Batman is easy to pick up, and Deathstroke i figured out basic combos for overhead, low, and jump in startups and its done me wonders, but him and nightwing, i dont know how to play.
---
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.
#5MonitorPosted 4/17/2013 5:57:45 AM
The guide lists a 52% combo using the Queens Gambit to start it off

F+M, D+L, H~ LT+RT>B+H>Jumping+M>H,H

Now I can never get the timing right for something like that, but it probably means something to you fellows
---
Monitor
Lost in Skyrim...when I am not playing DC Universe Online
#6antidemyxPosted 4/17/2013 7:11:58 AM
Monitor posted...
The guide lists a 52% combo using the Queens Gambit to start it off

F+M, D+L, H~ LT+RT>B+H>Jumping+M>H,H

Now I can never get the timing right for something like that, but it probably means something to you fellows

if you have a freeze arrow loaded you can do the same thing but instead of H,H go into M then shoot the freeze arrow. not sure what to do from there but its 49% with just the freeze arrow.
Also for timing on this i think you just press back C whenever the number for the last super hit shows. So if you just do this combo whenever the 9 appears press B+H
---
pearl FC 1933-7148-3675 brawl 0001 -29910757