How do Wagers work?

#1horror_spookyPosted 4/17/2013 9:27:27 AM
I skipped the tutorial. D:
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#2blackmorePosted 4/17/2013 9:29:11 AM
To be honest, I played the tutorial and I'm still not sure how they work
---
http://s9.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants_RPG/index/
#3ShinRyoPosted 4/20/2013 8:41:00 AM
bump, I played through the tutorial, just finished the story and still am not really sure how and when you do those...
---
XBL Gamertag: OrochiJR
PSN: OrochiJR
#4goblinweaponPosted 4/20/2013 8:46:06 AM
Basically the person who wagers the highest amount of their special bar wins.
---
GT: Goblivion
Playing: Dark Souls, Halo: Reach, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Gears of War 3, Oblivion, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, and RF: Guerilla.
#5DarknessGoukiPosted 4/20/2013 9:08:12 AM
I believe you can only access them in the "second round" and only during a combo. Kinda like a combo breaker. When the "Wager" prompt comes up, you press the button corresponding to how much meter you are willing to give up to win. If both wager the same amount, it's a tie and you both lose meter. Whoever wagers more wins.

I think.
---
AH-BOO-DOO-SAY! General Mortal Kombat Historian and wrestler
#6FutureShockUKPosted 4/20/2013 9:13:38 AM
DarknessGouki posted...
I believe you can only access them in the "second round" and only during a combo. Kinda like a combo breaker. When the "Wager" prompt comes up, you press the button corresponding to how much meter you are willing to give up to win. If both wager the same amount, it's a tie and you both lose meter. Whoever wagers more wins.

I think.

Even if you win though, you lose super.

So if you just want to use someone's super and are winning already, you can press nothing to take a slight amount of damage and lose no bar.
---
Best in the World!
GT:Future Shock UK PSN:FutureShockUK
#7MarioAndrettiPosted 4/20/2013 9:15:06 AM
how do you initiate it?
---
XBL MarioAndretti22
PSN CRIP_F0R_LIFE
#8green_aboboPosted 4/20/2013 4:25:14 PM
ideally, you want to use them when you're losing the fight. they give you a chance to come back, but only if you have more super meter than your opponent.

... otherwise it does damage; according to the difference between what you wagered, & what your opponent did, in terms of their respective super meters. (the amount wagered is unknown to either player; until it resolves)

ex. you (the defender) wagered Y on the meter (lowest amount possible) your opponent (attacker) wagered B. (max total possible) the resulting damage will be three meter units (difference between B - Y= 3) you lost the clash, & therefore suffered damage, instead of regaining health.

obviously, if you have less then Y in your meter (lowest end of the spectrum, assuming your foe has more) when the clash happens, you're going to lose, regardless of the wager. this is the situation the tutorial is trying to convey in the 2nd part of the tutorial.

in the case of a draw, both you (defender) & your opponent (attacker) wagered the exact same amount of super meter when the clash began. therefore, the defender doesn't gain health, & attacker doesn't inflict damage.

if that makes any sense.
#9StevetropPosted 4/20/2013 7:19:29 PM
In order to initiate a wager hold RT and press forward when a combo is being done against you. Remember it can only be done on your second life bar.
---
"Everyone else sees the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin