Has anyone found any tricks for beating "The Max"

#1MaverickneoPosted 4/30/2013 5:53:14 PM
Has anyone found any work around to this? Tricks? Anything?

And was it confirmed that if you beat it you get a skin?
#2GarladorPosted 4/30/2013 5:57:41 PM
I've seen people clear The Max with ease using either Doomsday or Hawkgirl.

For Doomsday, you jump forward and hit A, then launch into your X, X, Y combo (or a similar one) and repeat until you win (with judicial use of a meter-burn teleport smash).

Hawkgirl is even easier. Back, Forward, Y for mace attack over and over and over until you win.

The only issues, however, are that certain characters in the game are just totally going to murder you if you try to use them... namingly you want to ensure you DO NOT fight against Raven (shudder), Green Lantern, Aquaman, Lex Luthor, Deathstroke, or Doomsday, all of whom are just insane to fight legitimately due to their high combo damage, long range, stun-protection, unblockables, and annoying-as-sin mid-air/combo grabs that can shut you down.

Against any other character, however, and you'll do moderately well.
#3Maverickneo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 6:25:10 PM
Tried both of those tactics...
Failed miserably.
#4SavageSoul21Posted 4/30/2013 6:45:56 PM
i dont see how you could avoid half the cast. I am convinced its impossible. I cant even get past the first guy
---
"Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock"
#5GarladorPosted 4/30/2013 8:35:19 PM
SavageSoul21 posted...
i dont see how you could avoid half the cast. I am convinced its impossible. I cant even get past the first guy

You can see most of who you are facing when you select "the Max" in the Battle menu. If it contains 5 or 6 of the characters that will, more than likely, destroy you, exit out to the main menu then go back until the randomized enemies are a more favorable pattern.

You can see some of these at work here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bsSb5JQoyg&feature=player_embedded
#6Maverickneo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 5:51:31 PM
I give up. Even with the tutorial I want to break the game in half...and I like the game. Not even going to bother.

If there is no proof that you get something for beating it, Im not going to waste my time.

WOW. UN*******G believable!
#7Maverickneo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 5:33:04 PM
I wonder if there is a new "technique" that involves Lobo...
#8eurytomidPosted 5/7/2013 8:59:07 PM
Maverickneo posted...
I give up. Even with the tutorial I want to break the game in half...and I like the game. Not even going to bother.

If there is no proof that you get something for beating it, Im not going to waste my time.

I beat it with Hawkgirl, I kept resetting to get a good lineup and finally was able to beat it. The key is to stay close to some of those projectile spammers after knocking them down, they will only shoot fireballs if you are faraway.

You don't get anything for beating the max, I am working on Impossible right now
#9Maverickneo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 6:32:59 AM
eurytomid posted...
Maverickneo posted...

I beat it with Hawkgirl, I kept resetting to get a good lineup and finally was able to beat it. The key is to stay close to some of those projectile spammers after knocking them down, they will only shoot fireballs if you are faraway.

You don't get anything for beating the max, I am working on Impossible right now

Let me/us know if you get anything for the impossible.
#10RadixPosted 5/12/2013 6:37:22 AM
The only thing you get is an achievement for clearing all the battles
---
http://i.imgur.com/tgfZcQ8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5TtSGNS.png