Zod = Superman?

#1god_of_awesomePosted 5/5/2013 7:37:22 PM
Why does everyone say that? Because they're both Kryptonian? That's racist! You should be ashamed!
#2Game WeaselPosted 5/5/2013 7:44:43 PM
Because in the comics Zod and Superman actually look very similar, enough so that he has sometimes impersonated Superman to make Supes look bad in the yes of the public.
Additionally, Zod is one of those "Morally misguided" types of villains. He's striving to achieve order, he believes the way to achieve order is through iron fisted rule, which is exactly what Regime Superman was doing in the storyline.

Thus: Zod = Regime Superman.
---
"If any super villain had a can of RAID near the beginning of Marvel comics first steps, our entire hero line up could've been wiped out!" -Stan Lee
#3EmeraldPosted 5/5/2013 7:46:00 PM
But they are two different people though. The "=" that you are putting between the two names implies that they are the same thing. They are not.
---
OINGO
BOINGO
#4god_of_awesome(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 7:49:13 PM
That's my case and point. Zod was a famous general on krypton. Superman was an infant. They have the same abilities, but two entirely different backgrounds. So they'd be two different characters, and play styles, hopefully.
#5SunDevil77Posted 5/5/2013 7:50:38 PM
Meh, people are just digging for ways to complain about the DLC selection (that isn't quite official yet.)
---
You'll...never see me coming.
#6god_of_awesome(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 7:59:10 PM
Don't get me wrong. I'd love someone else. My dream was Booster Gold, Plastic Man (because my god, he'd be insanity to play!), Martian Manhunter, and Captain Boomerang (the son, not the father). Thought they'd be fun, but if not, I'll accept it.
#7SunDevil77Posted 5/5/2013 8:06:22 PM
god_of_awesome posted...
Don't get me wrong. I'd love someone else. My dream was Booster Gold, Plastic Man (because my god, he'd be insanity to play!), Martian Manhunter, and Captain Boomerang (the son, not the father). Thought they'd be fun, but if not, I'll accept it.

Those are my feelings too. I would much rather have Mirror Master or Weather Wizard, but I'm just glad that there will be more characters.
---
You'll...never see me coming.
#8god_of_awesome(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 8:11:19 PM
Yeah, Flash has a pretty fun rogues gallery. I'd like to see them, or some of the less core villains. Like, maybe Livewire? OH! CATMAN!
#9Capt_HerlockPosted 5/5/2013 8:21:43 PM
Zod is a better fighter than Kal but Kal has better control over his super powers.
---
http://backloggery.com/capt_herlock
#10mike468Posted 5/5/2013 9:13:43 PM
Based on the polls I've seen. The DLC should have been some combination of:
Martian Manhunter
Black Mantra
Blue Beetle
Starfire
Powergirl
Black Canary
Lobo

The fact that if the rumored list of DLC is true, it's disgusting that fans are only getting 1 of the top 7 requested characters for DLC. He's also the lowest ranked of all the polls I've seen too.
---
gamertag: Kabal31082