Will star labs help me become a better player?

#1gta_gamer133Posted 5/5/2013 10:40:35 PM
I practice combos every now and then and call me dumb but I can't remember everything. As soon as I get into an online match I start button mashing again.
---
Joker Here.
#2chalon9Posted 5/5/2013 10:50:56 PM
gta_gamer133 posted...
I practice combos every now and then and call me dumb but I can't remember everything. As soon as I get into an online match I start button mashing again.

Yes. It will make you unbeatable in all those matches where you have to beat your enemy with a full second health bar after not being hit for 8 seconds and dodging falling ice while shooting a rainbow out of your ass. In all seriousness, no, it won't. The only way it will "help," is that it will give you a reason to buy a new controller, since your current one will be in a little pile of rubble in a hole in your wall.
---
GT-chalon9
#3abyssPosted 5/5/2013 11:04:03 PM
Yes and no. Yes, it'll probably teach you *something*, but you could probably have learned far more from just playing the game properly, or even mucking around in training mode.
#4IIICE_COLDPosted 5/5/2013 11:54:04 PM
To the people saying no, that's actually not true...

It can absolutely 100% make you a better play (online) because it will familiarize you with what to expect from other players --- and that's just a start...
---
XBL GT: IIICE KOLD (Formerly known as IIICE COLD)
#5PhoenixB1azePosted 5/6/2013 5:51:45 AM
chalon9 posted...
gta_gamer133 posted...

Yes. It will make you unbeatable in all those matches where you have to beat your enemy with a full second health bar after not being hit for 8 seconds and dodging falling ice while shooting a rainbow out of your ass. In all seriousness, no, it won't. The only way it will "help," is that it will give you a reason to buy a new controller, since your current one will be in a little pile of rubble in a hole in your wall.

Hahahahaha holy s***t that made me laugh.... But yeah it'll develop using your specials and what not
#6TG_WolfPosted 5/6/2013 6:00:35 AM
It will teach you to be a calmer player.

Even if I gotta get my tranqs. out...

>_>
---
Official Madara Uchiha of all Existence. Official Mu of UNS3 Board
imageshack.us/a/img211/4599/finalt.png [Furry and Proud of it ^_^]
#7wishfacePosted 5/6/2013 6:22:02 AM
TG_Wolf posted...

>_>

If by better player you mean angry and frustrated, then yes.

Star Labs is a joke. NRS ought to patch it.
#8chalon9Posted 5/6/2013 6:43:32 AM
wishface posted...
TG_Wolf posted...

>_>

If by better player you mean angry and frustrated, then yes.

Star Labs is a joke. NRS ought to patch it.

It's only a joke for NRS, because you certainly won't see me laughing while playing it
---
GT-chalon9
#9DTownsendF13Posted 5/6/2013 8:43:22 AM
it forces you to come up with a strategy for beating a particular stage if nothing else. I'll use Cyborg's missile dodge stage as an example. The missiles have a set pattern,so you have to memorize and time them in order to avoid them properly.

What I did was played through a few times and wrote down how many missiles were fired, what side they came from, what I had to do to avoid them (Jump or Duck) and what position on the screen I had to be (Left, Right, Center). After several run throughs, I had them memorized and was able to anticipate what to do several steps ahead instead of getting to the end on dumb luck and getting hit right before the stage was over.

same thing with Deathstroke's steampipe stage. On other's you'll have to learn how to pull off 15 hit combos, some you'll have to have a specific fight plan mapped out instead of just attacking freestyle. Others will take dumb luck. Some will take button mashing. You will definitelt have to improve in order to 3 Star all of them if you're going for the Flash skin and the achievement.
---
"Hey, smart marks..........**** YOU!"
#10xxGoDxoFxWaRxxPosted 5/6/2013 9:26:47 AM
It might, but practicing against good players will help you much more.