Ranked Match Issues: IMPORTANT

#1IIICE_COLDPosted 5/6/2013 11:40:36 AM(edited)
So after playing hundreds of games and having people quit out (approximately) 100 or so games against me just before they lose, or are beginning to lose --- I've decided to give folks a taste of their own medicine (and quit a few matches myself)... I previously had only 1 disconnect on my record, of which was from the other day when there was the issue of the game freezing up --- so technically I had zero... But AFTER I quit out a couple of matches I noticed (and correct me if I'm wrong on this) that SOMETIMES it gives you a loss, and sometimes it actually gives you a win... A win? Really? Why on earth should I get a win for quitting out a ranked match?

It certainly gives me my wins when I win a match, but after all of this I noticed that when I face top ranked players they would quit out the match right off the bat and I always wondered why... I'm not going to mention any names, but I keep running into VERY, very high ranked players who keep quitting it out and I believe that they COULD be actually boosting they're rank with this method...

I, for one, am going to STOP quitting out matches because I don't want any artificial wins... But the couple (or so) wins that I got ultimately balance out due to getting losses from people who quit the 100 or so matches against me (where sometimes I'd get creditted with a loss). So my record is still legit, but almost certainly still at LESS wins than I really should have... Either way, I still want ZERO artificial wins, but I thought I'd bring this issue to other peoples attention...

PS: I played the number 2 ranked guy the other day and beat him with the lowest possible amount of life you could have left without dying (it was close)... Also beat number 8... They are both legit as far as I can tell...
---
XBL GT: IIICE KOLD (Formerly known as IIICE COLD)
#2DTownsendF13Posted 5/6/2013 12:10:51 PM
talk about INJUSTICE! the person who quits gets the win and the person who got screwed out of the win gets the loss? wow. so glad I don't play online..............who said quitters never win?
---
"Hey, smart marks..........**** YOU!"
#3serichsen01Posted 5/6/2013 12:39:58 PM
I've had probably 5-10 people quit against me in ranked and I've never gotten a loss for it. I've seen this on here before maybe it gives both people a win or I've just been lucky.
---
XBOX360: Kill Papa Smurf PS3: Kill_Papa_Smurf
#4IIICE_COLD(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 12:40:39 PM
DTownsendF13 posted...
talk about INJUSTICE! the person who quits gets the win and the person who got screwed out of the win gets the loss? wow. so glad I don't play online..............who said quitters never win?

Based on what I've seen it's actually quite inconsistent, but I'd like to see if someone else can verify it so it can get patched...

I'm pretty sure that SOME quitouts give you a win, and some give you a loss... Some might even give you neither...
---
#5Purpl3hay3sPosted 5/6/2013 12:47:05 PM
since the little update we got a few days ago I haven't gotten a lose from a ranked match quitter I just figured they fixed it could be wrong tho
#6kikookPosted 5/6/2013 12:52:17 PM
DTownsendF13 posted...

They'll patch it. NRS knows people get testy about their win/loss ratio.
#7IIICE_COLD(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 3:10:53 PM
kikook posted...
DTownsendF13 posted...

They'll patch it. NRS knows people get testy about their win/loss ratio.

Pal you don't have to come in and swing little stealth insults at people like this, it has nothing to do with (me, who you couldn't insult directly) getting testy about my win/loss ratio...

The issue is that the system is malfunctioning, and it's really that simple... Make sense?
---
#8Raoh08Posted 5/6/2013 5:11:49 PM
IMPORTANT
---
XBL: BKD Raoh
#9IIICE_COLD(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 5:28:30 PM
Anywho... Just got my new fighting game controller, the Street Fighter x Tekken fightpad and it's far smaller than the SF4 type, which I already knew...

I'm still trying to figure out whether or not this is a good thing...
---
#10Duh_Bad_GuyPosted 5/6/2013 5:31:50 PM
So I can quit and get yellow lantern? SCORE!.
---
"An eye for an eye ass wipe. A toof, for a gotdamn toof." -Buffalo Soldier